Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Race fuel in the S.I.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Might be worth getting that stuff tested prior to a superbike competitor failing a fuel test at nationals like has happened in recent years with high octane pump gas.
    Testing underway shortly. On ALL their pump fuels too.

Results will go up on the MNZ site - and here when he rings me.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Testing underway shortly. On ALL their pump fuels too.

Results will go up on the MNZ site - and here when he rings me.
    Its intersting stuff it will be intersting to see wahat it comes back as i asumed NPD were just repackaged Mobil like Allied is.
    Actually looking on their site the 91 and premeum octane is plain Mobil
    https://npd.co.nz/npdfuel/wp-content...PetrolMSDS.pdf
    Looking at mobil's site synergy 8000 was a new higher octane fuel only available at Wellington and Auckland.
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU010...ew-zealand.htm
    Mobil Launches New Fuels In New Zealand
    Thursday, 26 April 2001, 11:29 am
    Press Release: Mobil Oil New Zealand
    Mobil Oil New Zealand today launches new fuel technology to the New Zealand market. Called Mobil Synergy, the new fuel range will completely replace all existing Mobil fuel lines.
    Synergy 1000 replaces regular unleaded 91, Synergy 6000 replaces unleaded 96, and Synergy Diesel replaces Mobil diesel. Mobil is also introducing a new high-octane, premium fuel, Synergy 8000
    From today, the new Synergy fuels slate will be pumping from 133 of Mobil’s 550 nationwide sites. The new high-octane premium fuel, Synergy 8000, will be available only at selected Auckland and Wellington sites.
    Phases two and three of the launch programme, rolling out during April, May and June this year, will complete Mobil’s national changeover to the new Synergy range.
    Although Synergy is a global initiative, the Synergy fuels being launched here in New Zealand are unique. They have been specifically selected for New Zealand conditions to enhance local motorists’ driving experiences,” says Mr Heng.
    “Synergy 8000 will be the highest-octane rating fuel available to local motorists, aligning New Zealand more with European markets, where high-performance fuels are widely available.
    “Synergy 8000 is particularly exciting for us. I know the launch is welcomed by New Zealand drivers of high performance vehicles, " says Mr Heng.
    i supect this is the 100 octane fuel., Athough it might just be ll100 avgas

Oh it looks like Hokitika has the 100 octane on pump.
    looking at McKeown site they are just using unbranded Caltex fuels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    The NPD 100Plus is a pale red so I'd doubt if it's LL100 avgas.

Told today it matches the figures for 100 avgas so legal in classes where avgas is permitted.

Bike
    husaberg
    The NPD 100Plus is a pale red so I'd doubt if it's LL100 avgas.

Told today it matches the figures for 100 avgas so legal in classes where avgas is permitted.
    Looking at the figures i can find on the net from Mobil it looks like it has at least 10% tolulene and a fair smack of xylene about 5% and about 5% benzine
    it looks like they also have a similar octane available in parts of NZ that is 10% ethanol and 20% toluene 1% benzine.
    http://www.msds.exxonmobil.com/IntAp...chResults.aspx

Bloody intersting that the 100 octane mobil has been avaliable in the Auckland and Wellington for 16 years though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post

Its intersting stuff it will be intersting to see wahat it comes back as i asumed NPD were just repackaged Mobil like Allied is.
    Actually looking on their site the 91 and premeum octane is plain Mobil
    https://npd.co.nz/npdfuel/wp-content...PetrolMSDS.pdf
    Looking at mobil's site synergy 8000 was a new higher octane fuel only available at Wellington and Auckland.

i supect this is the 100 octane fuel., Athough it might just be ll100 avgas

Oh it looks like Hokitika has the 100 octane on pump.
    looking at McKeown site they are just using unbranded Caltex fuels.
    Mckeown used to be Mobil but as i understand it they had a fairly serious falling out quite a few years ago so they jumped ship to caltex.

NPD in Mossburn has the 100 octane at pump and i filled the tank of the ZZR up on saturday with it, not sure if it was just the day or the fuel but the old girl just wanted to run, and run she did between Mossburn and wreys bush before i could slow her down, it crossed my mind that it is an awful long walk from wreys bush to riverton and i do know the local plod enjoy a jaunt in the countryside as well. must say it was fun tho

Bike
    Exercycle
    I was pleased when I saw they had a station in Invers. Got tired of taking good fuel to the Burt when I was still doing it.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    I was pleased when I saw they had a station in Invers. Got tired of taking good fuel to the Burt when I was still doing it.
    yeah, we didn't even get the BP 98 down here, but thanx to NPD we now have some of the cheapest fuel in the country. can't complain about that though if one does go to NPD there is often quite a queue, but what it has done is brought the other fuel stations in invers down. gotta love competition.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Grumph, how’s things!

Quick question on NPD 100 plus. Do You know Has anyone had any in bike experience on two strokes as a replacement for 100LL?

Bike
    Exercycle
    I know it's being used. i don't know if any jetting or ignition changes are needed.
    Reading Wob in ESE, I suspect that like the FIM unleaded, it's tolerant of advance.

I'd ask on there - he'd be better placed to tell you what needs to change. AFAIK it's identical to the FIM unleaded.
    Well - meets the same specs anyway.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    I know it's being used. i don't know if any jetting or ignition changes are needed.
    Reading Wob in ESE, I suspect that like the FIM unleaded, it's tolerant of advance.

I'd ask on there - he'd be better placed to tell you what needs to change. AFAIK it's identical to the FIM unleaded.
    Well - meets the same specs anyway.
    Ta, I drop Wob a message. Haven’t spoken to him for a while.

Thread Information