Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rego rebates for completing RideForever courses

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Rego rebates for completing RideForever courses

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I see they are proposing to increase ACC as it's running out of coin. Higher on vehicles - I think $35 or so per car, extra 3.5c on the current XX ACC fuel tax and some others. No doubt they will sting motorcycle riders.

In response to your post. Good idea.

However, currently I am not going to find the time to spend doing the courses - yet I have not made a vehicle related ACC claim since...... hmmm ever. And that's holding a motorcycle licence for 37 years.

So why not drop mine $100 as a 'good road user' - OK one who has not crashed and claimed anyway. Good may be pushing it. Lucky?

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    You could suggest that. At the end of the day, that is the outcome ACC want.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I see they are proposing to increase ACC as it's running out of coin.
    Is it really I thought they had more money than our National debt? Or is Labour shifting funds?

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Appears to be mixed reporting as to why or value of increases but all agree they want you to pay more.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...w-zealand.html

Bike
    So old you won't care
    You need to spend $100 on courses to get a $100 rebate... Erm OK the courses are very good value but...

I dunno

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    You need to spend $100 on courses to get a $100 rebate... Erm OK the courses are very good value but...

I dunno
    You get the rebate for 2 years, which is $200. And if you do a course at the right time of year, it's free. Some insurance companies will refund part or all of the course fee also.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post

I dunno
    Only the first time you go through. After your first Silver + Gold then it is only a $50 Gold every two years.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    Only the first time you go through. After your first Silver + Gold then it is only a $50 Gold every two years.
    its interesting that they are only touting this to those who have held a license for ten years or more and they want people t do a silver and gold, i have so far done two gold courses and i know of a few others who have also done them but there is no mention of that being taken in to account so that we only need to do the one course to qualify.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    There's an 'article' about this today among the promoted stuff on the Herald website front page, ACC must be serious about it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/acc/news/...ectid=12138914
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I'll just wait another 3 or 4 years till all my bikes qualify for vintage rego.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    - yet I have not made a vehicle related ACC claim since...... hmmm ever. And that's holding a motorcycle licence for 37 years.

So why not drop mine $100 as a 'good road user' - OK one who has not crashed and claimed anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    You could suggest that. At the end of the day, that is the outcome ACC want.
    It may be the outcome they want but you would be wasting your time suggesting it. Clearly instead of just using the magic pill of training they could perhaps consider past claims history and reward those who have paid thousands in levies and never made a claim and/or penalise those who through their claims show quite clearly they are at a higher risk, whether they have done additional training or not, whether they have 20 years experience or not or whether their bike is over 600cc or not.

Consultation my arse.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Talked to a local dealer yesterday.

Bloke came in last week and bought a new Gixxer thou. He wrote it off 5 days later doing wheelies.

As long as there are dickheads like that riding bikes, we will continue to be targeted like we are.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    lol crackup

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Talked to a local dealer yesterday.

Bloke came in last week and bought a new Gixxer thou. He wrote it off 5 days later doing wheelies.

As long as there are dickheads like that riding bikes, we will continue to be targeted like we are.
    Perhaps if they concentrated on targeting the likes of those who write off 5 day old GSXR1000s, the rest off us might not be so fucked off.

Thread Information