Thread: Nankang sportiac WF-2

Bike
    2008 Yamaha R1

Nankang sportiac WF-2

Hey guys,
    has anyone tried the Nankang Sportiac WF-2 tyres??

Cheers

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    welcome along, cant say as I've ever heard of them. Let u know were they can be found.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toslow View Post
    Hey guys,
    has anyone tried the Nankang Sportiac WF-2 tyres??

Cheers
    Do you sell them?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Someone in Chch sells them on Trademe.

No thanks.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Here they are

http://www.forbesanddavies.co.nz/pro...-2-supersport/

Nankang have been making car tyres for a long period - I'm at the arse end of a set of fat rears on the XR6. THe difference between the Nankang and previous set of expensive name brand tyres has been undetectable until the last 15% of legal tyre life where their wet weather performance has deteriorated quickly. They will be replaced very soon with legal tread left on them. I have no issue fitting the next generation Nankang to the car.

No experience with Nankang on the motorcycle, and to be frank I won't be having any. I can only afford one motorcycle in my garage and my expensive bike is not the place to experiment with unknown tyres.

Shinko are still out there in NZ? They have been around for some time now and have been reviewed on KB. Also at the budget end of M/C tyres.

What are you planning on running them on and what sizes? There are often very good deals on pairs of very good proven tyres around the country if you are on a budget.

Bike
    motocompo
    I also had a fantastic run with Nankang's on a torquey BMW diesel sedan.
    They were a lot better than the European tyres I replaced them with, but like Allan, I'm not prepared to experiment with them on a bike.

Bike
    XR650R

banking sportiac

I had excellent service from there ch/church supplier. I had a metzlers rodiac fail while touring sth island, I rang him, he shipped it within the hour to whataroa garage, arrived next morning. I thought it might be a cheap & nasty, but presently surprised - excellent grip, even stuck well in the wet, I would reccomend them whole heartedly

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    in my day Avon roadrunners were the go , grippy and triangulated as was the go back then. there were some Chinese tyres , Chen Shin if I remember, cheap , long lasting but not too grippy and ice skaters in the wet then were called Chen Shit . You pay for what you get normally. Dunlops were also good rubber.
    to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
    I do have a purpose in life , Even if it is as a warning to others

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by tanken2 View Post
    in my day Avon roadrunners were the go , grippy and triangulated as was the go back then. there were some Chinese tyres , Chen Shin if I remember, cheap , long lasting but not too grippy and ice skaters in the wet then were called Chen Shit . You pay for what you get normally. Dunlops were also good rubber.
    used to run over size chicken shit trailie tires on the XL500 back in the day and in the dry I had no problems scraping the pegs on MT messenger or the rye saddle and whangamoas but they were scary in the wet, but as I had a shit helmet and also have worn glasses since forever, visibility was an issue in the wet weather so speed wasn't quick

as for cheap and nasties on big road bikes, not for me, its all that keeps me on the road

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Do you sell them?
    My thought exactly.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by tanken2 View Post
    yep, had avon roadrunners on the Z1r

Thread Information