Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: torque impact driver

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I have a 1/2" DeWalt. My son took it to a (car) track day for wheel changes, and it was used to take the front axle nut off a FWD car.

All I use it for on the bike is the front sprocket nut as I'm scared of breaking anything else! I suspect it could be useful if the flywheel ever has to come off.
    I have the same - cordless (for work under the car) - it was $$$ but justified the purchase first time it was used. Rated at 340 Nm if memory serves. If you're trying to undo a seized bolt on something like a flywheel they are a lifesaver. Not so controllable for refitting though so the relevant torque wrench needs to be available.

Achtungbaby - apologies if you've already tried this - get the CRC / WD40 / PB Blaster onto the fastener, let it soak in for at least three hours, then try taking it off. It takes a while for the stuff to penetrate the oxide or dust layer between the fastener and whatever it's attached to.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all replys. It was more holding tool for variator.pins where slightly to wide so got machine shop fix that.so i was trying try get away, it. I just undo it with socket set.be better off buying a torque wrench. But i have good idea know. In future. I will get a cordless wrench.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I have a 1/2" DeWalt. My son took it to a (car) track day for wheel changes, and it was used to take the front axle nut off a FWD car.

All I use it for on the bike is the front sprocket nut as I'm scared of breaking anything else! I suspect it could be useful if the flywheel ever has to come off.

Thanks. I like the sound of this.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    This is the one I ended up with, probably overkill but most of its use will be smashing screw bolts into concrete.
    https://www.makita.co.nz/products/model/DTW1002
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Got a 18v brushless Dewalt, 950nm of torque, spends a lot of time with a 3/4 adapter on it running larger sockets, 3 torque settings
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Thread Information