Thread: (SCOOTER) 125 cc tricity, question about modifcations or upgrades.

Bike
    scooter

(SCOOTER) 125 cc tricity, question about modifcations or upgrades.

Hey guys, i dont know any thing at all about motorbike/scooter/car engines. Im just wondering about my 125 scooter and if it is worth installing perhaps an exhaust and mabey even a bigger ( is it called cylinder head? ) to increase the "cc"??. Reason i ask is because i commonly see scooters on the internet and in real life with exhausts that im pretty sure are not Stock, and i assume it not only makes a better sound then the stock ones they install at factory but also gives you slightly faster speed or acceleration or some thing? ( i assume u have to also upgrade other things like air filter etc if you change from the stock exhaust ).

So like basicly what im trying to say is, is it worth installing some thing to bring it to a 150cc+ or am i better off just leaving it as it is and eventaully upgrading to the 155cc tricity scooter, and if it is worth installing some thing for little bit more speed, what is it i have to do, and how would this affect warrently and insurance etc etc?

Thank you.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    without knowing why/how just leave it all stock and enjoy the ride, buy a bigger bike if you want to go faster.

Bike
    scooter
    Why do i have no know, its not like i would be installing any thing my self

Bike
    scooter
    but yeh i dont really care, im fine with how it is, but still if its worth it then i would like to know. Cheers

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    "it's not worth it" is the short answer. if you wanted to learn all about it, how it works, why it works, what gains can be made and you didn't mind your bike not being as reliable as it is now, then i'd say go for it! best way to learn is by doing.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Energydrink View Post
    Hey guys, i dont know any thing at all about motorbike/scooter/car engines. Im just wondering about my 125 scooter and if it is worth installing perhaps an exhaust and mabey even a bigger ( is it called cylinder head? ) to increase the "cc"??. Reason i ask is because i commonly see scooters on the internet and in real life with exhausts that im pretty sure are not Stock, and i assume it not only makes a better sound then the stock ones they install at factory but also gives you slightly faster speed or acceleration or some thing? ( i assume u have to also upgrade other things like air filter etc if you change from the stock exhaust ).

So like basicly what im trying to say is, is it worth installing some thing to bring it to a 150cc+ or am i better off just leaving it as it is and eventaully upgrading to the 155cc tricity scooter, and if it is worth installing some thing for little bit more speed, what is it i have to do, and how would this affect warrently and insurance etc etc?

Thank you.
    Such aftermarket exhaust systems can make a small difference ... but without work on the inlet side (internal and external) as well ... you might get a 5-10 km/hr increase in top speed (with a tail wind) but with a (nicer ??) sound.

The down side is it will cost. And engine life will be shorter.

Two-stroke engines need a fine balance between rev's/speed and sufficient oil lubrication in the cylinder. Get too much in and the plug oils up and stops. Not enough and it seizes (stops ... quickly)

It can (has) been done and with varying degrees of success. You should read some of the Bucket racer threads in these forums ... and ask questions there. You will learn a lot just trying ... even without achieving much. But ... if you want to try ... there will be one or two that might (note ... MIGHT) help with some advice.

Don't keep track of how much time/money you spend on the project ... it will only depress you ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    scooter
    Oh i forgot to mention that it is a 4 stroke.

Bike
    scooter
    But yeah if it benig a 4 stroke doesn't change what you are saying then yeah its fine how it is now i was just wondering.

Bike
    scooter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKNsBaXHFs8

This is what got me thinking about this.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Fit a bigger engine ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    This is where I get mods for my 125 CygnusX.

https://japan.webike.net/YAMAHA/TRIC...%29/6592/mtop/

Worth bearing in mind though that anything I do for my Scoot' is purely to take the piss and have a laugh. If I want to ride something 'fast' I'll jump on the Ducati or buy/borrow summat else.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    This is where I get mods for my 125 CygnusX.

https://japan.webike.net/YAMAHA/TRIC...%29/6592/mtop/

Worth bearing in mind though that anything I do for my Scoot' is purely to take the piss and have a laugh. If I want to ride something 'fast' I'll jump on the Ducati or buy/borrow summat else.
    That's understandable with your scooter.

Thread Information