Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking at The Terrace (Wellington)

Bike
    2011 Triumph America

Parking at The Terrace (Wellington)

Hello World,

I'm working at The Terrace, Wellington (close to the Fujitsu building), what options do I have for a motorbike park?

I can see 2, one just close to the Lambton Square (Terrace side) and One just next to 96 The Terrace, Is there any other parks available?

I've seen some people going to the paid parking area under the motorway, Is that free to motorbikes?

Input's appreciated.

Cheers,
    Sameer

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Short answer is parking is hard to find in Welly. The two you mentioned always seem packed when I walk past. Some clever riders find a vacant ' nobody's space' between buildings or wide footpaths but that can backfire when the owners or parking wardens have a bad hair day.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    There is parking at the parking lot behind the terrace.

Bike
    2011 Triumph America
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    There is parking at the parking lot behind the terrace.
    Would like to know more about the exact location, if you could please give some coordinates/image/google map , anything.

Bike
    2011 Triumph America
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Short answer is parking is hard to find in Welly. The two you mentioned always seem packed when I walk past. Some clever riders find a vacant ' nobody's space' between buildings or wide footpaths but that can backfire when the owners or parking wardens have a bad hair day.
    I know, I arrive at 8.20ish and still I'm struggling to find a park.

Bike
    CX500
    If I remember rightly from when I lived in Wellington, parking in the CBD could be a little squished at times. I don't imagine it's gotten any better in the last 5 years with rising fuel prices.
    Luckily I was down near the parliament buildings and so I always just parked at the train station. There's a good parking spot there. Just make sure your rego is always up to date.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    It was a bit awkward way back in 2006 but there were places for those of us prepared to get in early enough or walk a bit.

Seems we (OK, the royal "we"!) should increase the pressure on the Welly city council and the private car park companies to allocate additional bike spaces in and around the CBD. Awkward corners, under-stairs, ends-of-parking-spaces, tight spots etc. are usable by bikers, along with roughly 5 bikes to each regular car space. We're law abiding, compliant, safety-conscious, tax-paying professionals working in the CBD. Please don't force us to resort to crossing pavements to park off-road just to get to work.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I've often wondered about whether bikes can park in the Westpac stadium car park. There are a number of spots where bikes could park in there without getting the way of the cars et al. Anyone know what the word is on this?

Bike
    CX500
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    It was a bit awkward way back in 2006 but there were places for those of us prepared to get in early enough or walk a bit.

Seems we (OK, the royal "we"!) should increase the pressure on the Welly city council and the private car park companies to allocate additional bike spaces in and around the CBD. Awkward corners, under-stairs, ends-of-parking-spaces, tight spots etc. are usable by bikers, along with roughly 5 bikes to each regular car space. We're law abiding, compliant, safety-conscious, tax-paying professionals working in the CBD. Please don't force us to resort to crossing pavements to park off-road just to get to work.
    In saying that though, motorbike parking is free. So space is unlikely to increase unless they start charging.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer View Post
    I know, I arrive at 8.20ish and still I'm struggling to find a park.
    8:20 is when most people are arriving; if your work has flexi-time, aim to arrive by 7:50. You can find the motorcycle parking spots in the parking lot under the motorway if you take a look during a lunch break. I only know of two locations, by the stairs and another by a ramp.

The council collect a lot of money from parking and in Wellington they even charge all weekend now. They want MCs to pay too and what we have is a mexican stand-off where the council won't provide more MC parking unless it's paid parking.

A majority of parks in the city are used by scooters and the stance by council to charge show a real bias against motorised vehicles considering those new ONZO electric motored bikes can park anywhere...

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    I called Well parking re parking in those cycle spaces on the road and we can't use those even though they are virtually empty most of the time and they said we can't. Getting harder with more scooters on the road.

Bike
    I wish they allowed footpath parking, following Melbourne's policy https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/par...e-parking.aspx a city that understands 3-4 bikes can park in the spot of one car, so they free up more parking for bikes.

Bike
    2011 Triumph America
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    I wish they allowed footpath parking, following Melbourne's policy https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/par...e-parking.aspx a city that understands 3-4 bikes can park in the spot of one car, so they free up more parking for bikes.

This sounds good, only if I could that WCC into this. They should think of implementing something like this :/

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Have you considered paying for parking like everyone else does?

Bike
    2017, Ducati 959
    For a general overview of bike parks in Welly have a look at the PDF on the council site - https://wellington.govt.nz/services/...cooter-parking

Thread Information