Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: suzuki Series, not the Tri Series

Bike
    Racing ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The approval for street circuits is done at a much higher level than the meeting steward or CoC. Once the plan is approved, neither the steward or CoC have the authority to alter anything. I did CoC at Wyndham once, the local cop wanted something changed. I couldn't do it. He told me that if someone was killed at that point, I was going straight to jail....But If i'd altered it and it resulted in a fatal, I'd have gone to jail anyway....The then Roadrace Commissioner who was acting as the starter was highly amused...

Permanent circuits come under Motorsport NZ. The Public Liability insurance is I believe contingent on the circuit being approved. Motorcycling NZ last I heard took the Motorsport NZ approval as it stood with no variations.

Yes, Manfield used to be run in both directions. One national run clockwise and one anticlockwise. First of the season and last of the series.
    Then the FIA and FIM dictated that circuits could only be approved for use in one direction - and we followed suit.

Scott, I'm not picking a fight with you - Steve says you're a good bloke. But I want to know how this variation was approved as it's out of line with what has been standing policy for years.
    Hi Greg,
    Yes street races are signed of at commissioner level but the CoC and Steward have the right to change anything they see fit in the interests of safety on the day including track layout, protection, race order and groupings etc ( within the rules of course)

In my time of organising meetings I have never heard any reference to Motorsport NZ having any influence over how Motorcycling NZ affiliated events are run. Either I have missed something ( possible) or perhaps something has changed legally since your time as an Official ?
    Motorcycling NZ Liability insurance covers our riders and organisers as far as I am aware.
    We all have to submit track management plans to Motorcycling NZ and the tracks stating how we will run race meetings.

SI tracks to my understanding don't/can't run reverse due to inadequate run off, gravel traps etc when running reverse.
    However a few years back they were running dirt motard sections at Ruapuna as you know, pretty sure some of that would have been against the normal flow.

Cheers
    Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    Thanks Dave. Maybe things have changed. Ruapuna - short version - was run in reverse quite often. The runoff/gravel traps thing can be worked around.
    The variation I proposed, the circuit inspector of the time agreed was safe - just couldn't be consented.
    Be interesting to try and get it approved now....

Bike
    Racing ones
    Must admit I have thought about it , purely in the interests of historical racing

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Triplenut View Post
    Must admit I have thought about it , purely in the interests of historical racing
    I came up with a variant no-one had thought of, LOL. Both Hepburn - for MNZ - and the Motorsport NZ circuit examiner thought it was a good'un.
    They were there to approve shifted marshalls positions and I seized the opportunity.
    It only became possible after the car club had done quite extensive sealing in the cut-through area past the start line....

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Dave answered everything i was going to say about Motorsport NZ, their signing off tracks has nothing to do with Motorcyling NZ, (pukekohe being a prime example, signed off for all cars, not for bikes)
    i simplified the Street race apporval, but as Dave says, the COC and Steward have the final sing off, after the track is completed, which is usually on the morning of the event,

i can only think of for the South Island tracks , is the fact that the car clubs own them, so may enforce Motorsport NZ rules on everyone,

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post

i can only think of for the South Island tracks , is the fact that the car clubs own them, so may enforce Motorsport NZ rules on everyone,
    Part right there...Ruapuna is council owned car club leased. Levels not sure, possibly ground leased again. Heavily constrained by local regs.Teretonga is really the only one that stands alone as the car club owns everything from the main road to the sea...and have more than once fallen out with Motorsport NZ.

The system does indeed appear to have changed since my last CoC job. Quite possibly as a result of that last job, LOL. Can't have the local cop wanting to stop a meeting can we....
    It was shortly after that the CoC certification came in - and I walked as there was also a grade 3 stewards ticket with it. Given the shortage of stewards locally, I could see the requests to do motocross etc lining up....

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Anyone seen anything about the Suzuki Series that started last weekend or where results are filed.

Advertised as the biggest Meet, but I for one haven't seen nuffing

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Anyone seen anything about the Suzuki Series that started last weekend or where results are filed.

speedhive will have them, mxt are doing the timing, no ctas at manfeild

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/1619577

http://www.bikesportnz.com/
    has a couple of stories, one from honda, one from kawi

edit,
    nz herald
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/wanganui-...ectid=12174401

Bike
    moped
    Grumph, very interesting point you have made about running a race meeting in reverse.

Last time the Victoria Club ran a meeting in reverse was 2005, when sadly we had a death on the day, part of the problem was that one of the normal marshal points that is normally used should have been relocated to give riders better visability of that point.

The Club stopped running motards about 3 years ago as part of their track was antilock wise.

Will be interesting to find out this weekend, who and how the Motards get to run reverse if they do?

Nice to catch up with you at the Southern Classic last month

Bike
    motocompo
    Been hanging out with this proper good bugger a bit this week
    If its got wheels & a engine its fair game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181212_140246.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	339869  

Bike
    '08 R6
    Manfeild short track has been run in reverse for ages. There is nothing new happening this year.
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Been hanging out with this proper good bugger a bit this week
    If its got wheels & a engine its fair game.
    Bob, you no good at getting the pic rotated as he looks like he's on the wall of death?

Also, who is going to tell us why Drew and Scrivy didn't feature in the second race at Taupo?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    suzuki
    https://cemeterycircuit.co.nz/ctas-live/

livestreaming is back folks tommorow, much betterer at the track though

Bike
    motocompo
    Two wins today
    Not bad for a post classic superbike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181212_175553.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	769.3 KB 
ID:	339890  

Thread Information