Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: suzuki Series, not the Tri Series

Bike
    suzuki

suzuki Series, not the Tri Series

the last official Tri Series was in 2012, since then suzuki requested it be called simply the Suzuki Series.
    two reasons, the word suzuki was being dropped and of course they pay they don't see their name, not hard to work the rest out.
    secondly, that left the door open to maybe run a fourth meeting.

There's still quite a few people using the tri series, jsut thought i'd note this here so people might take note along the way

spyda

Bike
    '08 R6
    It’s just a colloquialism now, so it means the same thing. Who cares if someone asks their mate if they are doing the Tri Series rather than the Suzuki Series. We all know what it means.
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Bike
    motocompo
    You should start a thread on race number sizes too

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp2183 View Post
    It’s just a colloquialism now, so it means the same thing. Who cares if someone asks their mate if they are doing the Tri Series rather than the Suzuki Series. We all know what it means.
    It's respect for the sponsors and also helps with a Google search. I spend up to thirty days a year commentating and people appreciate it when I get my facts right, you may not care but I do as well as the sponsors.

Bike
    '08 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    It's respect for the sponsors and also helps with a Google search. I spend up to thirty days a year commentating and people appreciate it when I get my facts right, you may not care but I do as well as the sponsors.
    I’m not saying I don’t care, but examples of this type of thing have existed since forever. Everyone calls a sailboard a windsurfer for example. Must really piss off the manufacturers when people say they love windsurfing as ‘Windsurfer’ is just a brand name from ages ago. JetSki is the same. Same with Super rugby, which people called ‘Super 12’ long after it wasn’t officially called that. Names stick and people use them, it’s not the end of the world.

You might also note that some of the top Suzuki riders are often calling the event the ‘Tri Series’. I watched an official video two days ago where one of them said that.

I’ve got much respect for the work you guys do commentating. All I’m saying is that people still think of it as the Tri Series, and if they want to call it that then that’s their business unless they are contracted by the organisers or Suzuki. And most aren’t. And lastly, I call it the Suzuki Series myself and always have.
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp2183 View Post
    You might also note that some of the top Suzuki riders are often calling the event the ‘Tri Series’. I watched an official video two days ago where one of them said that.

hence my heads up....

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    You should start a thread on race number sizes too
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...e-numbers-rule

Bike
    CBR400R & ??????????
    1 week to go. Looking forward to going to two of the events in the series, Taupo and The Cemetery Circuit. Best Race Series in the country by far.
    Bring it on!!!! Best wishes to all competitors for a safe, fast and close racing series.
    My Signature is my Reg No.

Bike
    suzuki
    Taupo this sunday, practice saturday
    Manfeild sun 16th, practice sat prior
    cemetery circtui boxing day
    no live streaming from any round in new zealand, you want to see it, be at the tracks.

Bike
    Exercycle
    I see elsewhere that the motards will run on the short track at Manfield - in reverse.

Can anyone tell me how this was approved. I have personal experience of trying to get a variation of Ruapuna approved which involved running a short section of the infield in reverse...

I was told very firmly that Motorsport NZ - under whose umbrella we run - could only approve circuits or part thereof for use in one direction.

I was also told that if we ran the variant I wanted without approval, Motorsport NZ would wash their hands of it if an accident occurred - and that meant no ACC coverage...

Has this variation of Manfield been used before ? How was it done ?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I see elsewhere that the motards will run on the short track at Manfield - in reverse.

Can anyone tell me how this was approved. I have personal experience of trying to get a variation of Ruapuna approved which involved running a short section of the infield in reverse...

I was told very firmly that Motorsport NZ - under whose umbrella we run - could only approve circuits or part thereof for use in one direction.

I was also told that if we ran the variant I wanted without approval, Motorsport NZ would wash their hands of it if an accident occurred - and that meant no ACC coverage...

Has this variation of Manfield been used before ? How was it done ?
    ACC is no fault insurance, so that bit is bullshit, maybe the organisers could be charged by worksafe/police,
    and they have run the manfield short circuit backwards for motards for years at the suzuki series, and i think even at vic series,

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    ACC is no fault insurance, so that bit is bullshit, maybe the organisers could be charged by worksafe/police,
    and they have run the manfield short circuit backwards for motards for years at the suzuki series, and i think even at vic series,
    They always consider the worst case scenario - if it was a fatal on a non-approved circuit there would certainly be court action.

I'd still like to know when/how/who approved it as last time I asked it was impossible to run any of the SI circuits or part of one in reverse.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    They always consider the worst case scenario - if it was a fatal on a non-approved circuit there would certainly be court action.
    I'd still like to know when/how/who approved it as last time I asked it was impossible to run any of the SI circuits or part of one in reverse.
    I recall a meeting at Manfeild run in reverse direction in the 70's but only the one from memory ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R

MNZ can approve thier own circuits (see every street race) so if the steward and COC pass it off then its fine, i cant comment on why the SI circuits cant or wont,

as for the manfield short circuit, i thought the karts used it in the direction as well? (if they still use it, maybe they just use the back circuit now if at all)

Bike
    Exercycle
    MNZ can approve thier own circuits (see every street race) so if the steward and COC pass it off then its fine, i cant comment on why the SI circuits cant or wont,

as for the manfield short circuit, i thought the karts used it in the direction as well? (if they still use it, maybe they just use the back circuit now if at all)
    The approval for street circuits is done at a much higher level than the meeting steward or CoC. Once the plan is approved, neither the steward or CoC have the authority to alter anything. I did CoC at Wyndham once, the local cop wanted something changed. I couldn't do it. He told me that if someone was killed at that point, I was going straight to jail....But If i'd altered it and it resulted in a fatal, I'd have gone to jail anyway....The then Roadrace Commissioner who was acting as the starter was highly amused...

Permanent circuits come under Motorsport NZ. The Public Liability insurance is I believe contingent on the circuit being approved. Motorcycling NZ last I heard took the Motorsport NZ approval as it stood with no variations.

Yes, Manfield used to be run in both directions. One national run clockwise and one anticlockwise. First of the season and last of the series.
    Then the FIA and FIM dictated that circuits could only be approved for use in one direction - and we followed suit.

Scott, I'm not picking a fight with you - Steve says you're a good bloke. But I want to know how this variation was approved as it's out of line with what has been standing policy for years.

Thread Information