Advertise with Kiwi Biker
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 183

Thread: Lime Scooters

  1. #16
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    they are motor vehicles I think but would probably be mopeds. They definitely aren't bikes. And electric cars are clearly cars because, well, cars. the hint is in the name
    You sound like a lawyer

    Moped, without going to google can any of you tell me what Moped means. Ie is it short for motor-pedal or...??? Get ya anoraks out.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,286
    Do drink-driving regs apply? These could be ideal for getting home after a few bevvies (ie at the point where you *might* be over the limit but still, in your opinion, ok to drive, but not totally shitfaced)
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  3. #18
    Join Date
    25th January 2017 - 15:25
    Bike
    ajs 350 trials
    Location
    whitecliffs
    Posts
    47
    back in the day when roller skating down Colombo st in chch on a Friday night was fun I wondered on the legality
    of said fun.
    so off to the mot I went and talked to the top ranking officer....he said that because our wheels were under
    the regulation minimum size they had no jurisdiction over us....we could only be prosecuted for being a public
    nuisance ..
    if a person can be done for drunk driving on a bicycle or a ride on mower why not on a lime scooter?
    riding history into the future since ages ago.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

    Moped, without going to google can any of you tell me what Moped means.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    Moped is cockney rhyming slang for asian.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    K1600GTL
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    4,007
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Would not ... having the preferred method of transport of motorcyclists being motorcycles ... and have riding/operating/instructing with them as your occupation ... be also described as a form of polarization ...

    Or are motorcycles NOT your preferred method of transport/occupation .. ??
    Actually no. Motorcycles are what I've done for a job for most of my life. I still do some training, part time.

    Cycling is my preferred mode of transport.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    cycling is my preferred mode of transport.
    heathen!!!!!!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,052
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Cycling is my preferred mode of transport.
    Get a job cycling then ...
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,052
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    You sound like a lawyer

    Moped, without going to google can any of you tell me what Moped means. Ie is it short for motor-pedal or...??? Get ya anoraks out.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    Short for ... Motor/pedals (originally)
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,052
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by robajs View Post
    if a person can be done for drunk driving on a bicycle or a ride on mower why not on a lime scooter?
    A bicycle is a vehicle not a toy.
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,052
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    they are motor vehicles I think but would probably be mopeds. They definitely aren't bikes. And electric cars are clearly cars because, well, cars. the hint is in the name
    Do pedal CARS need reg and WOF ... ???
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    23rd October 2013 - 18:30
    Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    1,273
    NZ'ers reactions to these scooters are surprising and saddening. So we have a new form of transport that is proving popular. "hurr durr let's ban them! they're on my road/footpath/cycle lane hurr durr government save me!!". Is it so fucking hard to just adapt to the things around us? Do we really need government stepping in and saving us from every little thing in this world? Why do things like this polarise people and galvanise their weirdly incoherent opinions on alternative transport?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

    Cycling is my preferred mode of transport.
    Hippie scum!
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  13. #28
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,528
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Do pedal CARS need reg and WOF ... ???
    Drive your J40 on the road a bit do you?
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  14. #29
    Join Date
    23rd July 2014 - 12:08
    Bike
    '08 Wee
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    NZ'ers reactions to these scooters are surprising and saddening. So we have a new form of transport that is proving popular. "hurr durr let's ban them! they're on my road/footpath/cycle lane hurr durr government save me!!". Is it so fucking hard to just adapt to the things around us? Do we really need government stepping in and saving us from every little thing in this world? Why do things like this polarise people and galvanise their weirdly incoherent opinions on alternative transport?
    Because we are also a bunch of fuckin numpties that can't use things in a way that is nice to those around us.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    K1600GTL
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    4,007
    A parable of our times.

    3 people walk into a cafe. A motorist (driver/rider), a cyclist, and a pedestrian.

    There are 12 biscuits on the table they sit down at. The motorist takes 10, the cyclist takes 1, and the pedestrian takes 1.

    Then the motorist whispers to the pedestrian "Watch out, that cyclist is going to steal your biscuit".

    And such is the attitude of motorists toward other users of the road.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •