Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime Scooters

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    The person paying the most for the least return would be the avid vehicle collector that can only drive one at a time.
    Mark my words, we are only a short time away from someone having a nasty accident possibly resulting in death on one of these machines, you only need to glance at one to work out why.
    Some proper sized wheels would go a long way to making them safer.
    Boy you really are fearful of these menacing scooters, huh?

Bike
    xt660r
    Quote Originally Posted by robajs View Post
    if a person can be done for drunk driving on a bicycle or a ride on mower why not on a lime scooter?
    but they can't, at least not under the same rules as for driving, the legislation refers specifically to "motor vehicles".

I'm pretty sure they could find "something" to charge you with though, if you are being an idiot.

which i guess then opens the question to electric bikes and e-scooters since they have motors of a sort

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by neil. View Post
    but they can't, at least not under the same rules as for driving, the legislation refers specifically to "motor vehicles".

I'm pretty sure they could find "something" to charge you with though, if you are being an idiot.

which i guess then opens the question to electric bikes and e-scooters since they have motors of a sort
    You are correct, they can't charge you with EBA on a bicycle however as you point out they can charge you with the likes of careless use.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Whoever pays the most road charges should get the most biscuits.
    Are they shrewsberrys??? Can you even still get them?

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Boy you really are fearful of these menacing scooters, huh?
    Tiny wheels, rider standing, 30kmh, what will be the outcome of hitting a small rut?
    I'm no gynaecologist but I see head injurys.

Bike
    a red heap
    I hope they are still there in January.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Tiny wheels, rider standing, 30kmh, what will be the outcome of hitting a small rut?
    I'm no gynaecologist but I see head injurys.
    i'm no gynaecologist either - but I might as well have been today. Around the University area a number of young women in shorts and T shirts using the scooters....Didn't help the blood pressure.
    However, the results of an off with minimal clothing can be guessed at quite easily. Lots and lots of skin off....

And no, I didn't go all DOM, I looked, appreciated and looked away....

Noddy, I suspect if they're still here in january, Tina's gonna put you in blinkers.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    i'm no gynaecologist either - but I might as well have been today. Around the University area a number of young women in shorts and T shirts using the scooters....Didn't help the blood pressure.
    However, the results of an off with minimal clothing can be guessed at quite easily. Lots and lots of skin off....

Noddy, I suspect if they're still here in january, Tina's gonna put you in blinkers.
    You need to ask Santa for an internet capable camera phone, for our benefit ....

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    You need to ask Santa for an internet capable camera phone, for our benefit ....
    and then get your 8 yr old grand kid to show you how to use it

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    The person paying the most for the least return would be the avid vehicle collector that can only drive one at a time.
    Mark my words, we are only a short time away from someone having a nasty accident possibly resulting in death on one of these machines, you only need to glance at one to work out why.
    Some proper sized wheels would go a long way to making them safer.
    As with all vehicles, it's a question of how they are used.

My wife owns her own lekky scooter, uses it as a last mile solution for her work at Chch hospital. She free parks about 2.5 km away, and scoots to work through Hagley Park. She then works all day with people who are always bitching about no parking at the hospital, and the parking tickets they keep getting.

She has good quality shared paths to ride on, and uses her bell to interact with pedestrians. Basically, she doesn't ride like a dick.

I've ridden the CEOs lekky scooter around Rangiora a few times, and the smaller wheels aren't an issue. The back wheel is solid, the front wheel pneumatic, with basic suspension. I expect this is to deal with stones and minor bumps which might stop a solid front wheel.

It's no different to trucks, cars, buses etc. It's not the vehicle, it's how they are operated. Each vehicle has specific risks, most of which can be managed.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    As with all vehicles, it's a question of how they are used.

My wife owns her own lekky scooter, uses it as a last mile solution for her work at Chch hospital. She free parks about 2.5 km away, and scoots to work through Hagley Park. She then works all day with people who are always bitching about no parking at the hospital, and the parking tickets they keep getting.

She has good quality shared paths to ride on, and uses her bell to interact with pedestrians. Basically, she doesn't ride like a dick.

I've ridden the CEOs lekky scooter around Rangiora a few times, and the smaller wheels aren't an issue. The back wheel is solid, the front wheel pneumatic, with basic suspension. I expect this is to deal with stones and minor bumps which might stop a solid front wheel.

It's no different to trucks, cars, buses etc. It's not the vehicle, it's how they are operated. Each vehicle has specific risks, most of which can be managed.
    It was for situations exactly like hers that the folding bicycle was invented.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Mrs Me is most unlikely to cycle. But the advent of better battery technology provided her with the option.

I'd be keen for her to have a Brompton or a Bike Friday, but she's not me.

Bike
    motocompo
    To be fair, the folding bicycle came later.
    This design masterpiece led the way
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike
    '04 Honda ST1300
    These escooters can run solely on their motor, as do some ebikes, surely this makes them a MOTOR vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Street Triple R

I'm no gynaecoloogist, just an enthusiastic amateur.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information