Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime Scooters

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Mrs Me is most unlikely to cycle. But the advent of better battery technology provided her with the option.

I'd be keen for her to have a Brompton or a Bike Friday, but she's not me.
    Bromptons are fantastic - I have an M6 - which hardly gets used any more.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by BadSarah View Post
    These escooters can run solely on their motor, as do some ebikes, surely this makes them a MOTOR vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    What is, or isn't, a motor vehicle is defined by legislation. And common sense therefore has nothing to do with it. By a Gazette notice electric scooters are declared not to be motor vehicles.

For the legals refer to https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/ve...ered-vehicles/ and follow the various links.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I'm no gynaecoloogist, just an enthusiastic amateur.
    "I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a look at it for you."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    As with all vehicles, it's a question of how they are used.

My wife owns her own lekky scooter, uses it as a last mile solution for her work at Chch hospital.
    Yes, quite a few people are using the same approach at the University. $1000 for a hunting licence, but with all the contractors on site there are very few parks. The streets outside are two hour, and it's quite a long way to get to an all day area.

Cheers

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Took one for a hoon into town on Sunday morning, other than a lack of suspension trying to rattle the fillings out of your teeth it seems like a very effective way of getting from A to B, particularly the park it where you're finished with it aspect.

Surprisingly, if you're courteous about how you operate the thing you get smiles from the other people you're sharing the road or footpath with, so I guess the simple answer (which applies to every mode of transport) is don't be a dick and the world will be a happy place.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    motocompo

Bike
    '08 Wee
    At least we only have this bunch to worry about then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/auckland/co...ng_an_upgrade/

Good bye any future ACC savings for us.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Walked past a Lime scooter yesterday with the rear brake cable disconnected.

Think I'll pass until they sort their shit out.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Rode a lime scooter while at the Trafinz conference in Wellington. Had a good chat to the guy promoting them too.

I repeat my original thoughts. It's not the vehicle that's the problem. It's the way it's used.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Rode a lime scooter while at the Trafinz conference in Wellington. Had a good chat to the guy promoting them too.

I repeat my original thoughts. It's not the vehicle that's the problem. It's the way it's used.
    unfortunately in todays society it seems that some people believe that its not against the law so get over it, well that's what I got told last xmas in Westport when I came out of a shop and nearly got hit by a guy on a bike riding down the footpath. at the end of the day if people are courteous to other people then tolerance develops but if people continue to be asses on wheels then intolerance will only grow

Bike
    '04 Honda ST1300
    When I think of the level of ineptitude I see on the roads from people that have supposedly been through a licensing processes, I shudder in horror at the idea of people without a clue loose on scooters where pedestrians are.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    As a 9yr old, our scooters weren't electric but we lived on a long steep hill road. We'd race down, doing skids (gumboot of heel jammed between rear wheel and lame metal brake lever) ripping up lawns, flat tack around blind corners, if we'd come across a little old lady hauling groceries in her trundler we would have nailed her (9yrs old remember pervies). We were a fucking menace.
    Should have banned us.
    Actually the brakeless pedal cars were worse.

But then we all got given bicycles and order was returned to the pavement and we were relegated to the bottom of the road food chain.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That Guardian article seems very optimistic as to the speed of the things which is not helpful to informed discussion. 65KPH is several times the speeds I've seen mentioned previously, but on an urban footpath would no doubt be a thrilling ride.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    As a 9yr old, our scooters weren't electric but we lived on a long steep hill road.
    Yeah, there is a steepish hill hereabout which I walk up for exercise. Many moons ago the local lads used to run carts down it. They eventually figured that if they built the carts with bicycle wheels they'd go much faster. Engines were a natural progression but then they turned fifteen and bought motorcycles.

One of them told me he once thought he could beat the railcar to the local crossing, he can remember flying through the air looking down at the passengers in the railcar looking up at him. He suffered a sprained ankle.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Indian Scout
    e-scooters are here so get used to it. Just like skateboarders on footpaths that piss me off and bloody smart phone obsessed pedestrians. e-scooters do fill a convenience gap as Ratuscat pointed out though, which could help ease congestion etc.

So how far do they go on a charge. How long to recharge. Buddy has an electric [work] car and he seems forever obsessed about the range remaining and finding time to plug it in for hours and hours and hours.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information