Thread: Dririder vs 1tonne

Bike
    imaginary bike

Dririder vs 1tonne

Hey everyone

I'm new to riding(currently in the process of getting my first bike), I am looking into gear and want some opinions/suggestions.
    Im currently debating whether to get dririder brand or 1tonne gear. any recommendations?
    looking at:
    Dririder:
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1830089467
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1830100150

OR
    1tonne:
    https://www.1tonne.co.nz/product/sto...ndard-leg/164/
    https://www.1tonne.co.nz/product/bla...acket/151/100/

Regards

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    dririder. made/built/designed better based on experience with both brands over a number of years over a number of sets of gear

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I have never used dririder gear but in 1Tonnes favour they have been excellent in after sales service. A few years ago, a pair of boots had a cosmetic problem. A bit of material started to fray. No argument, new boots turned up.

Had a mismatch with glove sizing, no problem, replacement in a few days. Excellent gloves, too.

My G/F's latest 1 Tonne jacket is making me envious, good bit of kit for the money. Might not be up to klim standards but for a luxury rider it's great. Had a few good soakings without a single damp patch.

I don't know how well the 1 T gear will stand up to hard daily use in all weathers but it works great for hobby riders.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

My G/F's latest 1 Tonne jacket is making me envious, good bit of kit for the money. Might not be up to klim standards but for a luxury rider it's great. Had a few good soakings without a single damp patch.
    Cant be that good if she doesnt get a damp patch wearing them

Bike
    Indian Scout
    1tonne all the way. I'm really impressed with their gear. Got their Storm gloves and textile Dual jacket & pants and after some bloody shocking wet riding I would rate their performance 10 out of ten. Excellent value.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    2006 BMW R1200GS
    Got 1tonne summer gloves. I have them for over a year now and I still get black hands after I take them off. I will replace them now because I am getting sick of the colour coming off. Thinking of getting Dririder Coolite gloves.

Cheers

Peter

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    You could try Spidi or maybe Held. Or you could keep risking disappointment. It's not an infallible rule, but generally you will get what you pay for, and there really is a reason why some cost more.

Afterthought: Check BMW gloves too, they are generally good.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I've a couple pair of Alpinestars gloves and they have lasted well and come with suitable protection and features. Their glove sizing runs small - so expect to go up one size.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I had some Dririder gloves, in blue sport style as it turned out. Actually I still have them for spiky gardening jobs (all my gardening involves removal of swathes of foliage with extreme prejudice). I don't wear them long though else my hands go blue and remind me why they got relegated to gardening duty.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    I have used, and roughly abused a fair bit of 1tonne gear, and am really impressed with how well it has stood up.

I am in the market for some new gear within the next few months and will be going for 1tonne equipment again to replace the other brand jacket that has worn out.
    (My 1 tonne pants and boots will last several more years)

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    I used 1tonne gear for 7 years, it lasted for all year riding but I was never happy that the waterproofing was provided by a plastic mac zipped inside. It cracked at the elbows after 28months and leaked there and made you wet on the inside from sweating.

Got some dririder gear now seems better quality and some better features but only had 1 year.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Legalise anarchy

Thread Information