102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by babysteps View Post
    Did they ask for one?
    ummm, I wasn't there, you were; clown.

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    That's right, I was. If they had asked me for a deposit I would have given them one. I wanted to buy a bike. Stupid question, clown.
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Probably two things going on in the Yammy example.

A buyer who thinks they secured the ride subject to sorting finance the next day. A 'verbal' deal. I have little doubt you thought the bike was yours - I was not there so don't know the extent of the conversation but if it was me I'd offer a $100 holding deposit or something so they knew you were serious.

A bike shop who probably frequently has many people say they will be in the next day to purchase and never turn up. Thus flicking it off when someone ready to sign did turn up.

Who is wrong?

Given it is retail, I'll say the dealer for not securing something out of you when you said you wanted the bike - a holding deposit as noted above or sale documentation with a condition subject to customer finance with a stated deadline.

Would you have been agreeable to either? If not then the bike shop had no security over your return to complete the deal.

Ditto with the boots - as a rule I've found when ordering bike stuff like gear they at least want a deposit (if not full payment) and provide a receipt for the goods noting the full price and what's been paid. Covers everyone's arse.

Your comments don't strike me as you having a issue with leaving a deposit - sounds like the shop was not insisting on one. More fool them in that regards if you are not a 'known' customer of theirs.

The exception is after you have developed a relationship with a shop and they know you are good for what you order. And that's established by previous good service etc. Sounds like TP lost a chance to develop that with you, which is a shame as we need bike shops in NZ to do well.

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    I think you're onto something there....

People like Adam @ MCDU and Jimmy @ Bavarian Motors Works have to work on building relationships with you because they don't have brand backing. The delaerships dont really seem to give a shit

Hamptons was another good example...as was the 'old' Street and Sport.
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    suzuki
    That's right, I was. If they had asked me for a deposit I would have given them one. I wanted to buy a bike. Stupid question, clown.
    ok then, did they phone you to confirm that you were still interested the next day than?

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I think you're onto something there....

People like Adam @ MCDU and Jimmy @ Bavarian Motors Works have to work on building relationships with you because they don't have brand backing. The delaerships dont really seem to give a shit

Hamptons was another good example...as was the 'old' Street and Sport.
    riiiiiight. So you get offside with everyone? You've heard the parable that if you meet an asshole in a day then, well, you met an asshole. If all you meet every day are assholes, chances are, you're the asshole. Just saying.

The only shop I will never buy a bike from in this town is Casbolts. In fact, I bought a brand new Honda a few years ago and travelled some way out of my way to do it just so I wouldnt have to deal with them.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    riiiiiight. So you get offside with everyone? You've heard the parable that if you meet an asshole in a day then, well, you met an asshole. If all you meet every day are assholes, chances are, you're the asshole. Just saying.

The only shop I will never buy a bike from in this town is Casbolts. In fact, I bought a brand new Honda a few years ago and travelled some way out of my way to do it just so I wouldnt have to deal with them.
    Ok, you call it as you find it. I've been around for a lot longer and will only source Yamaha bits from McClearys. It involves much more time and travel but that's how I call it.

Bike
    2004 SV650S

I understand that reading and comprehension are hard for Honda riders but I think you should read what I typed again.

It seems to me the dealers just don't give a shit about service, where as the others I mentioned, do or did.
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    suzuki
    I understand that reading and comprehension are hard

It seems to me the dealers just don't give a shit about service, where as the others I mentioned, do or did.
    i'm having trouble comprehending what you've said there, first part says they don't, second that some do, can't be both...

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Actually, I think i will.......

I'd like to buy these boots, they seem really good value at price X.
    Yeah we have a deal going on them,
    Sweet as Ill take a size 43.
    Oh we dont have that size do you want us to get them in
    Yep call me when they're in
    6 days later....no phone call
    I've come to pick up my boots
    Ok that will be price Y (about $50 more)

Ummm they were price X last week.

That Promo has finished they are this now, do you still want them

Are you serious? No, no I don't

Followed by a rant about wasting her time and how hard it is for a small business to make money.

Great customer service there Mr Dorset Case. Obviously I'm really hard to deal with. I'm sure you experience has been different. Mine have been shit and I wont go back.
    A win for everyone concerned then
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    2004 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i'm having trouble comprehending what you've said there, first part says they don't, second that some do, can't be both...
    OK Then, I'll spell it out as it appears English is your second language. From my experience.....

MCDU, great service, not a brand dealership

Bavarian Motor Works, great service, not a brand dealership

Budget Motorcycle Spares, great service, not a dealership

Hamptons, when they were going, great service, not a brand dealership

Street and Sport, great service, were a dealership (Triumph), the exception to every rule because Phil and Glen are awesome people, shame they are not in business anymore

TP Yamaha, shit service, dealership

Casbolts, shit service, dealership

Adam @ MCDU, Jimmy @ Bavarian have gone the extra mile to build relationships with me and I will continue to support them because of that. It's not really that hard to understand is it?
    102° Rx = + /_\

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I've had nothing but good experiences with Casbolts.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    5% is too low. Depending on condition and tenant the lowest I've seen is 6% and I told the guy he had rocks in his head.

Here's the thing with commercial property: it has no value really other than what it is returning. So a 5.6M RV really does not mean much. The landlord goes from having an asset whose value is best described (in shorthand) as "rent divided by return" to having a fucking liability because it does not have a tenant. Landlord still has (maybe) a mortgage on it and now has to insure it and now has to pay the rates ... plus any incomer might want work done, or a rent free period or a fitout, or a change of use might mean the council get involved and you argue with them for two years while not earning any income..... Commercial property is a blood sport and not for the faint of heart. It is endlessly fascinating though.
    All perfectly acceptable risks for an investor. Or should be. Except for local council involvement thing.

The local council here decided a mate's property should have twice the number of on-site car parks, and the only way to achieve that was to demolish the building.

It's an abject lesson in the consequences of bitching about shit and demanding the local authorities do something about it. It's an open invite to partake in a totalitarian lifestyle.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    All perfectly acceptable risks for an investor. Or should be. Except for local council involvement thing.

The local council here decided a mate's property should have twice the number of on-site car parks, and the only way to achieve that was to demolish the building.

It's an abject lesson in the consequences of bitching about shit and demanding the local authorities do something about it. It's an open invite to partake in a totalitarian lifestyle.
    So where do you stand on the common case of the business owner occupying a customer car park ?

And I understood you were going to vote with your feet and leave NZ anyway.....

Thread Information