Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A bad day on the roads.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I've seen a number of riders do this in the last year or so. Maybe they've mis-learnt the road positioning taught on the SaferRides courses?

Possibly worse are the centreline huggers on RH corners who don't realise they are on the wrong side of the road when they lean into the corner? Two centreline huggers meeting on a blind corner may not end well.

People going the other way (around a right hand bend) mostly dont hug the centre-line.

But when they do it can be disaster....

Ikut Kiri people, Ikut Kiri

(Malay for Keep Left)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    People going the other way (around a right hand bend) mostly dont hug the centre-line.
    they're called trucks

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    Terminal experiences are sad and sobering.

It would be good to know exactly what happened, from qualified & experienced accident investigators (not journos, not random onlookers ...).

Are such reports published in NZ? If so, where can we find them?
    I happened to be talking to one of the local crash investigators on boxing day and said I believed that the circumstances around the southland crash needed to be released and made public, he believes that they will be, he couldn't say what would be, but did say that the whole thing was filmed.

I did 1200km over a Thursday and Friday and did see a number of bikes all riding sensibly, wish the same could be said for a couple of cars, first was a car that passed on double yellows at the bottom of the crown range on the cardrona side, the traffic was moving along at a suitable pace, the second was another that took a line of two bikes and six cars pulling back in just before a blind bend, again the traffic was doing the speed limit and was traveling well.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Just back from a Greymouth trip, heaps of bikes on the road - and not one being ridden by an idiot judging by their lines, following distance etc.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    I happened to be talking to one of the local crash investigators on boxing day and said I believed that the circumstances around the southland crash needed to be released and made public, he believes that they will be, he couldn't say what would be, but did say that the whole thing was filmed.

I did 1200km over a Thursday and Friday and did see a number of bikes all riding sensibly, wish the same could be said for a couple of cars, first was a car that passed on double yellows at the bottom of the crown range on the cardrona side, the traffic was moving along at a suitable pace, the second was another that took a line of two bikes and six cars pulling back in just before a blind bend, again the traffic was doing the speed limit and was traveling well.
    Which Southland crash. You guys have had a few lately?

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Which Southland crash. You guys have had a few lately?
    the head on between two bikes, one of which was on a charity ride, back in November

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    the head on between two bikes, one of which was on a charity ride, back in November
    the "brotherhood' charity is a code name for fast pub crawl... aint it...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information