Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Four dead and two hurt today

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Penalties for that? A young man my grand-daughter associates with has no licence, and a shitbox BMW318 car with no reg and no WOF and obviously no insurance (so tough shit on the driver of the expensive car that he one day may crash into.) He's been stopped many times, often after 10 at night with other non licensed people in the car. Every time - told to get home and do something about the licence, wof and reg within 28 days (which of course he doesn't). Meanwhile I cant even get off a parking ticket.
    Well there's not much fucking point in pinging him is there? He doesn't have any money.

Which I assume doesn't apply to you. You fucking slow learner, you.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Penalties for that? A young man my grand-daughter associates with has no licence, and a shitbox BMW318 car with no reg and no WOF and obviously no insurance (so tough shit on the driver of the expensive car that he one day may crash into.) He's been stopped many times, often after 10 at night with other non licensed people in the car. Every time - told to get home and do something about the licence, wof and reg within 28 days (which of course he doesn't). Meanwhile I cant even get off a parking ticket.
    I suspect a certain amount of poetic licence with the claims of this young man, some may just call it bullshit.

I suspect the demerits will catch up with him even if he doesn't pay the fines

I suspect one day his BMW will be whisked away to the impound yard
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Or both overcooking a corner

My mindset when thinking of passing prior to a corner is simple - if another bike is coming around that corner at speed do I still have time to pass. This thought takes a micro second, most times the answer is 'NO' and I sit back and wait. After all it is just a corner right? It will be there next weekend.

Too logical, no place for such ideas on KB!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Same old story. Debate going on as to who is at fault.

Who is at fault doesn't matter much to your broken arm, broken leg and ruptured spleen.

Okay. So everything is everyone else's fault. I'm going to continue riding my bike so as to avoid becoming someone's victim.
    Yup, it doesn't matter if you are in the right, or the wrong, a 44 tonne Scania will ruin your day.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Yup, it doesn't matter if you are in the right, or the wrong, a 44 tonne Scania will ruin your day.
    It only takes one other motorcyclist on the wrong side to ruin your day.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Or both overcooking a corner

My mindset when thinking of passing prior to a corner is simple - if another bike is coming around that corner at speed do I still have time to pass. This thought takes a micro second, most times the answer is 'NO' and I sit back and wait. After all it is just a corner right? It will be there next weekend.
    One of the media reports said it was a blind corner, so it could well have been they were both overtaking.

My criteria is what would happen if I met myself coming the other way. I usually wait ...

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L02 using Tapatalk

Bike
    It was on the good
    Photo of curve in link in post 174.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It only takes one other motorcyclist on the wrong side to ruin your day.
    This is very true.

Bike
    bandit

Pretty much my approach - I know there are riders out there more insane than me ..

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    I suspect a certain amount of poetic licence with the claims of this young man, some may just call it bullshit.

Can you collect demerit points if you do not have a licence ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Photo of curve in link in post 174.
    Oh. Not hard to figure out what happened.

Bike
    Ninja 300
    So 3/4 causes of death were middle aged men on cruisers..one pissed. The pattern continues

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by KezzaCFC View Post
    So 3/4 causes of death were middle aged men on cruisers..one pissed. The pattern continues
    well... if you mean older riders on a club pub crawl riding bad performing boat anchors... opps I mean fundraising ride... then yeah

the Pike river ride, just took this off stuff " A motorcyclist died while paying tribute to the men who died in the Pike River explosion" if you call flipping a mates bike cos mate says it wont wheelie, then tearing off and whiten 1k of the pub arse off and kill ya pillion... then fuck tributes

the two down south on a "fundraiser" if i am correct it was the brotherhood, just another MC out on a pub crawl... with a bullshit excuse fundraising in order to look better in the public's eyes...

other wise mate dont blame "middle aged men" dont blame "cruisers" but by all means blame the piss and the fuckwits that drink and drive.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    One of the media reports said it was a blind corner, so it could well have been they were both overtaking.

My criteria is what would happen if I met myself coming the other way. I usually wait ...

first mistake is to believe the media, they also claimed in another report that there were 300 bikes on the run.

quite a fast bend, not hard and good visibility. Unless there is a car blocking your view. more to the story than what the media want to make up.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    well... if you mean older riders on a club pub crawl riding bad performing boat anchors... opps I mean fundraising ride... then yeah
    ACC just "discovered" that Holden and Toyota cars are featuring the highest in the accident statistics ... so they intend to raise the ACC levy for those two makes of vehicles early next year ... as the drivers are obviously at a higher risk of having an injury accident.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

I suspect one day his BMW will be whisked away to the impound yard
    No not bullshit and I do hope the rest catches up cos it gives me the shits that he's driving my g/daughter around. I could PM you the reg number and you could check but that might be illegal use of police resources
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information