Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Four dead and two hurt today

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Three riders died Queens Birthday weekend.
    yip... and one a bloody good long time mate of mine... and on a bridge same as a dear friend last year... this is three for me in a year all riders about 50...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/113...t-him-his-life

a wee press right up on Mikes life.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    yip... and one a bloody good long time mate of mine... and on a bridge same as a dear friend last year... this is three for me in a year all riders about 50...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/113...t-him-his-life

a wee press right up on Mikes life.
    Sorry to hear that fella. It kind of puts things into perspective I reckon.

Bike
    XR650R
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The fact is ... that members of Kiwibiker are not immune from a motorcycle accident ... and being in one is likely on any ride I'm pretty sure most will know of one member (not necessarily personally) killed in a motorcycle accident. For some ... why they ride is to push the boundary's of danger and exhilaration to their own limits ... and further. Those that ride this way and live to talk of it ... tend to put it all down to THEIR skill / ability ... and not luck. In too many cases it is simply luck they owe their survival to.

We ALL need to start looking at the way WE (ourselves) ride ... and not point the finger at any one (or more) groups / types of riders. Even at the posted speed limit and us riding to the conditions ... some OTHER other road users may not be. Being "In the right" with "Right of way" will not always save you from grief. We ALL need to be more aware of OTHER road users ... even if the risk is low and you feel safe in how you are riding.

Most road accidents are caused by multiple factors ... not usually by just by one. Count the factors that might go against you as you ride ... and ask yourself just how many more is needed to be killed in an accident. The simple scary answer is usually ... just ONE more is needed. So perhaps ... wherever and whenever (and however) we ride ... we just look harder for the factor that might just kill us. The life you save might just be your own.
    i actually think this is good advice, i 100% know that when i was younger i survived due to alot of being in the right place while doing something wrong, I did however learn from my mistakes, actually I'm still learning , hope others are also

Thread Information