Thread: Help - 6R expiring in 1 month - need advise on full license practical test

Bike
    '91 Kawasaki ZZR250

Help - 6R expiring in 1 month - need advise on full license practical test

Hi All - haven't ridden for a number of years and have just noticed that my restricted license will expire in a month.

Can anyone post experience of the practical test for the full, preferably for Wellington? Or note specific things to do or not to do?
    Anyone know if I can get the restricted extended or renewed rather than starting from scratch?
    Is it likely I can book and pass the full practical in a month. Will call on Monday to get an idea of the waiting time when booking.

My bike is poked, but a work mate will let me borrow his. Went for a test ride last week and grinned for the rest of the day. I forgot how much I love riding.

Any advice appreciated.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Quote Originally Posted by nickname View Post
    Hi All - haven't ridden for a number of years and have just noticed that my restricted license will expire in a month.

Can anyone post experience of the practical test for the full, preferably for Wellington? Or note specific things to do or not to do?
    Anyone know if I can get the restricted extended or renewed rather than starting from scratch?
    Is it likely I can book and pass the full practical in a month. Will call on Monday to get an idea of the waiting time when booking.

My bike is poked, but a work mate will let me borrow his. Went for a test ride last week and grinned for the rest of the day. I forgot how much I love riding.

Any advice appreciated.
    Not having ridden in years and yet going for full Licence ?
    Not sure if you really want that...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Is it likely I can book and pass the full practical in a month.
    Don't see any reason you can't book the test within a month.

The rest is up to you. And if you have to ask ........

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Do a Bronze Ride Forever Course first. It is $20 and is worth... Well, gold!
    ACC Have funded it for you.
    On this course the instructor will tell you exactly what is missing out of your tools that are keeping you from being safe.

Then you can book in for your CBTA-F.
    This will assess if you have listened and applied yourself during the course and are riding using the good habits that were taught.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Book a session with a CBTA trainer - they will give you feedback on what you need to do to come up to standard to pass the Full test, or whether you are competent enough as is to sit the test.
    Then, book the CBTA-F test with them, with another training session prior (if required).

Easy peasy.

Bike
    bandit

Any advice appreciated.
    If you need advice you are not ready for the test ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Sat my full at VTNZ Lower Hutt last year on my brothers bike I had ridden once. Was in a rush since the XR650R I purchased wasn't insured as I only had my restricted. If you can ride and know the road rules it's a piece of piss.

The testing officer will give you an earpiece to wear, he'll say left, right, pullover, stop etc. Stick to the speed limit, show that you're aware of other road users and don't be a dickhead and you'll be done in ten minutes.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    easy as pi. go to ya local council office tell em ya wanna do ya full for a motorcycle and they will set ya up with one of the local constabulary who will likely follow you round the block an make ya do an emergency stop then take ya back an give you a piece of paper to take in to the council office and while you smile sweetly at the young lass behind the desk, she will put it in ya license book.

Thread Information