Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Interestingly there is a new rule saying all bikes must be started in pit lane. This rule was introduced following the fire in the Suzuki box last year. The new rule is popular with photographers who will get another chance to photograph the machinery at close range. Unfortunately though, it seems some of the teams are still unaware of the new rule.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Rossi isn't the only one.

MV's lap was really quick, just a few hundredths off JL's record set last year.

There is currently Moto2 testing at Valencia so that snow on Pedro's hat, presumably in Catalonia, doesn't extend the relatively short distance south to Valencia.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    The afternoons are very hot, so fast times are either early in the day or just before the end. Rossi can only do a few laps at a time in the heat!

Looks like the Yamaha has good single lap pace at least as Vinales nearly set the fastest lap ever on Day 2.
    With regards to MV's pace, the Yamaha always seems to go well when the Moto2 rubber isn't around. At the end of last year they seemed to fix that issue when the practice/quali format changed but I will hold my breath on saying the Yamaha is up to speed until we see them out with some thick Dunlop rubber on the ground.

Zarco fastest KTM on day 2 I see, I will take back my Olivera comment

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Further to my comment about the new engine start up rule being ignored; Jack Miller's Ducati caught fire in pit lane today apparently. That presumably means the new rule will be brought to the attention of all and sundry.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    From Mat Oxley, "Petrucci just rode the fastest-ever lap at Sepang, at 1m 58.239s, almost 0.6s faster than the previous testing/QP record, and I think it was while using the FUBAR"

The "Fubar" is that low bar leading back toward the rear axle that we have discussed previously. If he was using that, it certainly doesn't fit the name.

Bike
    husaberg
    From Mat Oxley, "Petrucci just rode the fastest-ever lap at Sepang, at 1m 58.239s, almost 0.6s faster than the previous testing/QP record, and I think it was while using the FUBAR"

The "Fubar" is that low bar leading back toward the rear axle that we have discussed previously. If he was using that, it certainly doesn't fit the name.
    I think the key word is think
    While i was trying to finfd the quote i fouind the bit where Petru spent 20 laps following Dovi in a test to find out how to go fast without chewing tyres.

Having a look at the fubar at the caliper end its on a slide to be adjustable to i would say feed diferent amounts of Brack torque back to frame it looks to slick to just allow for the Chain tension to me.

The idea of the floating brake toque arm t the brake toque arm is with it attached to the main chassis it doesn't feed the torque into the rear suspension.
    This was mainly a MX thing in the 70's and leading link before it.
    But the fubar is different it does something extra Shit even RS125 of 1991 had a floating brake rod.
    I wonder if it putting in some torque to squat the suspension still. but an adjustable amount or something else.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fubar 2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	340784

Interestingly further back down Mat mention t=what he thought was a holeshot device like a MX bike on the forks
    On the MX bikes a few years ago the added one to the rear to lock the back for starts
    So maybe this Fubar also does this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holeshot device in action.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	340785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wigget fork.jpg 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	340788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wigget 2.jpg 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	340789Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear holeshot device.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	340790
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Oxley possibly used the word "think" because there was a photo from earlier in the day showing Petrux's bike with the Fubar fitted. David Emmett is on site, but most of the other pundits are doing their guess work long distance - like us.

That switch has everybody guessing. Some think it's a "hole shot" device. Others think it looks to be electrical but electrically controlled suspension would breach the rules. GiGi is not silly though, so speculation is rife.

Bike
    husaberg
    Oxley possibly used the word "think" because there was a photo from earlier in the day showing Petrux's bike with the Fubar fitted. David Emmett is on site, but most of the other pundits are doing their guess work long distance - like us.

That switch has everybody guessing. Some think it's a "hole shot" device. Others think it looks to be electrical but electrically controlled suspension would breach the rules. GiGi is not silly though, so speculation is rife.
    As the elecy stuff is forbotten i would say it has to be a holeshot, esp seeing the weight distribution of the 90 vee wont be as good as the rest.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    From Mat Oxley, "Petrucci just rode the fastest-ever lap at Sepang, at 1m 58.239s, almost 0.6s faster than the previous testing/QP record.
    Well, that's what happens when you follow Dovi for long enough. Marquez followed Dovi for far more than 10 laps last season and won the championship.

Edit: No Fubar fitted when he did the fast lap, and he wasn't even trying for a quick time!

Bike
    Blade '12
    Well there's some encouraging performances from newbies and bit part players after that test.

Pecco Bagnaia. Holy cow!

Nakagami, Rabat, Morbidelli.

Zarco fastest on the KTM.

Vinales really optimistic.

Ducati must be pretty pleased.

What happened to Iannone?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post

Edit: No Fubar fitted when he did the fast lap
    Yep. Oxley copped to that overnight.

David Emmett's very informative wrap of the test:
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...day_notes.html

Bike
    husaberg
    Yep. Oxley copped to that overnight.

David Emmett's very informative wrap of the test:
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...day_notes.html
    Andrea Iannone missing tests due to Plastic surgery.............
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Andrea Iannone missing tests due to Plastic surgery.............
    And I thought you were joking.........

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    And I thought you were joking.........

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
    Sounds crazy, but massive waste of talent with him and his career , i thought Emmett was going to say parting or drinking.
    At 29 hes not old but hes following the path of a racer or out of chances close to retirement going off to also ran's rather than top teams.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blade '12
    He is a caricature of every bad national stereotype of Italy. Vain, lazy, sly... and fat... again... particularly his upper lip

All he has to do to complete the image is to stab his team mate... in the back... with a stilleto. Watch out Aleix!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    As the elecy stuff is forbotten i would say it has to be a holeshot, esp seeing the weight distribution of the 90 vee wont be as good as the rest.
    Or its just a random knob that does nothing Gigi has put on to keep the journos and other teams busy guessing. He was challenged last year by a journalist to put something bull shit on the bike to fool them lol

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information