Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Dovi keeps first place after the other teams bitched about his aero package, it wasnt that new to anyone.
    I think it was Yamaha did not protest as they had tried something similar previously. There were two things the protesters didn't like: one was a "winglet thingie" down by the front brake discs, and a 'pooper scooper' in front of the rear wheel.

As David Emmett commented, sometimes it's not what is written in the rules, it's what is not written.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motogp-qatar-gp-2019-danilo-pe-2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	341216  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blade '12
    What do you think of this "controlling the pace" that Dovi does? Could he have got away with it if it wasn't also in MM's interest?

The way he wouldn't let Rins get away could easily have been disrupted if MM had slammed it under him and broken the link.

Weird shit that shouldn't happen but did.... Miller's seat falling off, Quatararo stalling it on the warmup lap, Petrucci's strange tyre choice... Vinales . All of them could have had something to say in that race but didn't.

Rossi was 2 seconds down after one lap and finished 0.6 seconds back. i guess that means the guys controlling the pace aren't that worried that he's around at the finish anymore?

Fastest laps? Quatararo and Rins. Vinales 0.25 down. MM, Crutchlow, Dovi, Petrucci and Rossi about 0.4 down.

Good result for Crutchlow.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    One race and the Ducati forums are needing boxes of tissues to clean their tv/computer screens.

Early days for everyone. What did Rossi do 14 to 5th? He's not out of the running yet.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The result of the protest against Ducati’s aero attachments has now been appealed. This may take several weeks, meanwhile the results stand.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    The rear aero looks simply like a modified water deflector for the back tyre from last year...that was ok ?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Great Night
    Impressed by Rins and Rossi, like the fact these young fellas are all on good bikes for a change this year and moto 3.
    Not sure how the new Maverick will be felling now after that one?
    See how it pans out next race - be interesting.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    It was just like watching last year's racing again except for the rookies. Can’t help thinking everyone except Aprillia could have saved a whole lot of money and kept last year’s bikes.

Marquez nearly got Dovi on the line though, the Honda definitely has more power. And the Suzuki not enough, otherwise Rins would have passed Dovi and disappeared.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    The rear aero looks simply like a modified water deflector for the back tyre from last year...that was ok ?
    That existence of that rain diffuser item last year is thought to be the reason Yamaha did not join the protest. The Ducati item is different, it's an "aero" item but that angle doesn't show it properly.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Honda seem to have more mumbo, MM still giving 110% .
    Not a fan of pacing the race because of tyres myself but thats the way it still is.

Next race should see more fighting and hopefully less advantage to the Ducs ? (hopefully I say !).

The young fella Quatararo showed pace (and anger).
    Vale 14th to 5th...... still a fan !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I am in 2 minds about Dovi controlling the pace. Keeping the pack bunched up is better than them all spread out, but if they aren't really trying then you may as well only watch the last 8 laps as everything up to that point is "strategy".
    Dovi was only doing that because he can and he's said as much, he needed to dictate the pace as Rins was ready to go nuts deep, but couldn't as Dovi had the mambo fuck him up on the straights.

Lets hope they get some more durable tyres at some stage so we can see the best riders in the world going all out for the entire race like we had at a few races last year when the tyres and track allowed it. Or Miller gets in there and roughs em up a bit making them race rather than think.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Not a fan of pacing the race because of tyres myself but thats the way it still is.

Next race should see more fighting and hopefully less advantage to the Ducs ? (hopefully I say !).

The young fella Quatararo showed pace (and anger).
    Vale 14th to 5th...... still a fan !
    If he could qualify well he'd be a contender for the title, as it stands its looking like a repeat of last year though. Now he has 2 fast Suzukis to beat too.
    He may have finished close to the leaders but they were artificially close due to Dovi being Dovi I think. Hard to say how close he would have been if someone tried to make a break earlier on while he was fighting the way through

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I think MM had decided to settle for 2nd on a shit track for Honda but couldn't help himself.

He got it wrong though, with the extra power he should have been right up Dovi's arse in the final corner, then passed him just before the finish.

I thought Michelin were going to change the tyres to stop the tyre management BS but it hasn't worked.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I have no issue with tyre management strategies, in fact I feel it's making the riders race smarter and builds for more action.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I have no issue with tyre management strategies, in fact I feel it's making the riders race smarter and builds for more action.
    In some ways yes.

I remember the first time they had serious tyre issues but still had to race full distance.

It turned into a slow pace procession until the last few laps. Boring as shit to watch as you could see noone was even considering making any moves.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I have no issue with teams playing with aerodynamics, wings, scoops, covers. Bloody let them do it - is this not meant to be the pinnacle of advanced motorcycle racing? It's over regulated as it is, it will end up like F1 with too much regulation and boredom.

Thread Information