Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Another bad day in the office for MM, really can't see anyone beating him this year if he can put it in 2nd on a Ducati track. That Honda is fast.

Well done to Petrux, I don't know if he's championship material but he's got heart. Love seeing a first win at a home track.

Rins rode like I have never seen before, I think he was pissed off at the lack of straight line speed he had so rode the fucking wheels off it, he cut so many shapes and wasn't his usual effortless style, looked awesome but wasn't enough. If I were Honda or Ducati I would be sending offers his way when the time comes.
    Nakagami is showing the reason he's there too, unassuming rider he's just putting in the laps improving bit by bit every round, beat CC.

Miller... While he's on a factory spec bike lets not forget he's not got the same sized team as the others he was battling, so good effort but he needs to take points sometimes rather than biffing it. I think Duc need him for a proper title challenge though, shame it looks unlikely he'll get the ride next year though.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post

I don't want to talk about Vale !!!!! lol.
    Haha Gaz, you don't want to talk about the guy that really is getting to understand karma after he dreamt up that conspiracy theory after Phillip Island 2015.

That aside, what has happened to Yamaha? Is it that guy causing the issue of poor development or have the engineers gone AWOL?

Also well done Petrucci.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i thought MM looked as was being quite conservative,i have never seen him being outbraked so may times so "easily".Easy being relative of course cos we know Dovi is a demon late braker.If MM had not overcooked that last time in turn 1...man he got a good tow!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    I know it was an exciting race but you don't have to spoil the result just a minute after race finished
    Your kidding right?
    I cannot watch the race live, so I avoid all possible spoiler sites, even stuff.co.nz just in case they discover there is sports outside of rugby, cricket and netball. The KB thread would be the LAST page I would visit if I do not want to see people discussing the latest race I had not watched yet!
    MM will win the next one btw, Spoiler attack!

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Petrucci - yes! What a race!
    Yeah watched it 9 am this morning really good.that bit when was 3 bikes that was x citing.
    Wanted dovi to win. Great that his team mate did. Muma mia
    Honda is fast know too about time.

Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i thought MM looked as was being quite conservative,i have never seen him being outbraked so may times so "easily".
    At Mugello Brembo supplied a ranking of the greatest of the late brakers. See God then wait?

1. Dovi
    2. Marquez
    3. Rossi
    4. Petrux
    5. Crutchlow

There was an ugly photo of Crutchlow's rear tyre with a deep 'crater' about 25mm in diameter near the middle of the tyre with a corresponding mark of the same width around the circumference of the tyre. That must have felt a bit odd at about 200mph.
    Odd enough to prevent him getting constipated anyway.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I love the onboard cameras with the speed reading. close enough to touch braking from 330kph while making the thing as wide as possible. Good stuff. Well done Petrucci... that was a cracker of a race.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Your kidding right?
    I cannot watch the race live, so I avoid all possible spoiler sites, even stuff.co.nz just in case they discover there is sports outside of rugby, cricket and netball. The KB thread would be the LAST page I would visit if I do not want to see people discussing the latest race I had not watched yet!
    MM will win the next one btw, Spoiler attack!
    I watched live so didn't miss anything.

Maybe it's just me, but even assuming people will make efforts to avoid spoilers at all cost, there could just be some people clicking on thread by habit or mistake? Shit happens.

I could blast out race results but always tend to think twice if my enthusiasm might spoil the fun for others.

Sorry for being all fucking sensible and shit.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I don't look at this thread until after I've watched the race.

Great last lap, I thought Dovi and Marquez were going to crash and then Petrucci went inside them. Wow.

Marquez actually crossed the line first to start the last lap. I'm sure that's filed away for future reference...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Been thinking about Dovi and his hit the front then slow it down tactics a bit, I'm wondering if that's even a good idea this year?
    Previously he was able to do the rolling road block for most the lap then hit the rocket on the straight then outbrake anyone who happened to be near him. This year with the Honda's speed and other manufacturers closing the gap to them I'm not 100% sure he can get away with that anymore, he tried it in Mugello and ended up getting pushed and shoved around by the following mob.

Which brings the question, if Dovi no can no longer out brake and out accelerate the Honda, is he even in the running for the title this year? What other tricks does he have up his sleeve to beat MM?
    Starting to think Ducati need to make a very hard call or two in the shape of who they want leading the challenge vs MM.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Been thinking about Dovi and his hit the front then slow it down tactics a bit, I'm wondering if that's even a good idea this year?
    Previously he was able to do the rolling road block for most the lap then hit the rocket on the straight then outbrake anyone who happened to be near him. This year with the Honda's speed and other manufacturers closing the gap to them I'm not 100% sure he can get away with that anymore, he tried it in Mugello and ended up getting pushed and shoved around by the following mob.

Which brings the question, if Dovi no can no longer out brake and out accelerate the Honda, is he even in the running for the title this year? What other tricks does he have up his sleeve to beat MM?
    Starting to think Ducati need to make a very hard call or two in the shape of who they want leading the challenge vs MM.
    Petrucci and Rins.....

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post

Sorry for being all fucking sensible and shit.
    Sensible is not visiting a MOTO GP thread on a motorcycling site if you don't want spoilers. You saw it live, you earned the right to come and talk about it and shit.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Petrucci and Rins.....
    Rins is BAE! Watching him all out of shape on Sunday was awesome, great to see him throwing it down big style to make up for his slow bike.
    Not sure on Petrux though, great rider but he's always going to be 80kgs and racing midgets.
    Miller and Bags is my bet, providing Gigi can provide a bike that can beat MM now, they had the bike the last few years but Dovi failed to capitalise, now they don't have the bike it'll be up to the riders to make the difference. They'd have to arsehole Dovi though which doesn't make sense as he's always up there, just not quite there. Hence my call on hard decisions, loyalty may be holding them back. If they'd kept JL this year maybe we'd be talking about a JL domination...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Rins is BAE! Watching him all out of shape on Sunday was awesome, great to see him throwing it down big style to make up for his slow bike.
    Not sure on Petrux though, great rider but he's always going to be 80kgs and racing midgets.
    Miller and Bags is my bet, providing Gigi can provide a bike that can beat MM now, they had the bike the last few years but Dovi failed to capitalise, now they don't have the bike it'll be up to the riders to make the difference. They'd have to arsehole Dovi though which doesn't make sense as he's always up there, just not quite there. Hence my call on hard decisions, loyalty may be holding them back. If they'd kept JL this year maybe we'd be talking about a JL domination...
    JL is probably thinking the same thing after being 13th......... and currently 14th in the championship. It was always going to be a tough year for him but it must be fucking hard to get out of bed some mornings....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Somebody asked if the Yamaha engineers had gone to sleep or similar. The man at the top was replaced, but IIRC they are stuck with their engines for the season as the engines are all sealed.

Dovi may be copping some unjust criticism here, apparently the Ducati still does not like to change direction.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information