Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    From Mat Oxley

Rossi's best FP3 lap has been cancelled because he ran onto the green 'no-go zone' exiting the final chicane; so he will have to qualify from Q1
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The evidence
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eLPsz1oC.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	342277  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Going to stick with my prediction of the Yams vs Rins for the race tonight. Rins usually looks after his tyres and has more engine than the yams so may just pull off the win this year.
    MM did not look comfortable in qualifying so short of some huge set up changes he's going to have to bide his time and hope to beat em on the last lap

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    How good is Fabio to watch when he's on the limit?
    Mental bravery

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Mental bravery

he is sensational isnt he,i mean he is taking them all apart,a rookie on an "old" bike.Its going to get worse for the old boys,i reckon Mir is on the improve now.So that is fabio,morbidelli,rins,and perhaps now Mir that the "factory" riders may be beaten by id they have a bad day.so a bad day may now mean 10th instead of 6th.Throw in Cruthlow,Nakagami ,and miller(not to mention Bagnaia) and it could be 1 point insead of 12

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Mental bravery
    And what is it, just the one crash in his whole motogp career so far? So he is still very much in control even while clearly on the edge - very, very impressive

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    And what is it, just the one crash in his whole motogp career so far? So he is still very much in control even while clearly on the edge - very, very impressive
    That's what sells it for me, MM spent years going over the edge to find it, FQ seems to toe it very safely.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Some pretty good racing in all three classes in Assen.
    Poor old Vale went down fast and hard.
    At least the Ducs couldn't use their 300 hp !!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Blog Entries
    The Motogp class was brutal with a bunch of riders out there that need wheel barrows to carry those huge nut sacks around in - bloody hell! Poor old Rins was looking good, until he wasn't. Thought Quartararo was going to run away until his bike started tank slapping every time he hit the straight Imagine try to hold onto that while still recovering from a arm operation! I'm still waiting to see what that was all about, I was wondering if the steering dampener broke, or if they made a last minute change to the geometry that went just a bit to far on the wild side! (Update, just read he blames cross winds, and himself for taking the wrong lines - a rider taking responsibility? very promising rider this guy) Vinales deserved that win, wonder if he can maintain that momentum now? And MM - holy hell, by far the best rider on the planet right now. Bike does not suit track at all, trying to toss him off all over the show, leading the championship by a country mile with a track he has dominated at for 8 years coming up next week - so time to back off a bit and take it easy? Like hell! He clearly has no cruise control switch, just the full speed ahead damn the engines setting - so impressive

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Alex, why you do this to me????
    Looked like he asked a bit too much trail braking with all that fuel on board, he was in control though so big shame, been looking forward to a proper duel tween the Suzuki and Yamaha. Great to see Mir in the mix, he's been plodding away quietly as per Suzuki's plan building up speed every week.

Those head shakes on the FQ's bike were scary, he had them in qualifying but I think the wind made them a lot worse. We need to remember that while he may be on a close to factory bike, he'll have a lot less engineers in his team than say MV, so winning on a Sat bike isn't going to be easy even when its a really good one, he did bloody well! Maybe with a few more engineers behind him they'd have picked up on the head shakes and found a way for him to avoid them in the data...

MM had another bad result... 2 riders in front of Dovi and with Rins on the ground... Unstoppable I think. I am taking heart at Folgers almost beating of MM at Sach ring a few years back that one of the Yamaha boys might give him a run next weekend, fingers crossed as we need it to be interesting. Looks like there are a few ready to step up and take it to him though, Dovi is right they need to pressure him into a mistake, he was able to cruise into 2nd place based off his race strategy this time round, he's not going to crash unless Dovi is putting the red mist into him.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering if the steering dampener broke, or if they made a last minute change to the geometry that went just a bit to far on the wild side!
    Yeah Simon Crafar commented on that during the race, the other commentators had asked him what was going on. Which was all very interesting, but I don't understand why it didn't happen to everybody else.

That Moto2 race was incident packed. Here's hoping the KTMs can keep improving.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Been practicing on playstation at Sachenring. Yamahas should be good round there....
    C'mon Vale pull finger and get a bit of luck !!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah Simon Crafar commented on that during the race, the other commentators had asked him what was going on. Which was all very interesting, but I don't understand why it didn't happen to everybody else.

That Moto2 race was incident packed. Here's hoping the KTMs can keep improving.
    Funnily enough, I watched the moto2 race for the first time since they went triumph - wowee! Great race, and brutal! I watched it because Gardner Jr had qualified on pole and I wanted to feel old watching Wayne's son lol Looks like the occasion got on top of him a little. Hopefully he will finally get there

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Funnily enough, I watched the moto2 race for the first time since they went triumph - wowee! Great race, and brutal! I watched it because Gardner Jr had qualified on pole and I wanted to feel old watching Wayne's son lol Looks like the occasion got on top of him a little. Hopefully he will finally get there
    He's good at throwing it at the scenery, shown signs of brilliance this year at least.
    Moto2 was a great race for sure

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Been practicing on playstation at Sachenring. Yamahas should be good round there....
    C'mon Vale pull finger and get a bit of luck !!!!!
    Sadly its getting less likely that we'll see rossi or lorenzo featuring much more - there are too many aliens in the way now , even dovisioso seems to be struggling to fend them off lately.

Thread Information