Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 659

Thread: MotoGP 2019

  1. #631
    Join Date
    12th September 2004 - 17:40
    Bike
    06 GSX- R1000
    Location
    Horowhenua NZ
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    And I expected Marquez to cruise off and win by 5 seconds. Seldom have I been so happy to be wrong.
    Some great fights in all 3 classes huh Dadpole !!!

    You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

  2. #632
    Join Date
    22nd July 2005 - 00:27
    Bike
    77 XL250
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Some great fights in all 3 classes huh Dadpole !!!
    Indeed. And Fenati finally got the result he is capable of. I hope he continues for the rest of the season like that.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Yams 3,4 and 5 who would've thought ?
    Although a mile away ! The bikes do everything or did, but are missing about 30 hp.
    Ducati has plenty and still more than Honda by the looks ?
    I rate them as even now, just MM had the wrong tyre so lost out on drive.
    If MM was on the soft I don't think Dovi would have won just going off where MM was losing time.

    Shame Miller biffed it, would have been interesting to see if could have got Quatararo. Boy was Fabio getting fucked on the straights looked like he was on a Moto2 bike.
    He deserves that factory bike

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  4. #634
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    '
    He deserves that factory bike
    Are the factoru Yamaha's any faster is a straight line though? Certainly didn't look so with VR vs JM.

    Fantastic race from flag to flag, a genuine battle between two of the best out there.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/signaturepics/sigpic31_1.gif

  5. #635
    Join Date
    22nd July 2005 - 00:27
    Bike
    77 XL250
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    If MM was on the soft I don't think Dovi would have won just going off where MM was losing time.
    I think MM lost when Dovi dicked him on the first lap. From then Dovi harried him and didn't allow the well-known Marquez 'escape and make a gap'. It is not often you will see someone "do a Marquez" on Marquez and force him to do someone elses race strategy.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,236
    Nah, a good conspiracy theory would be that Dorna was getting worried because all the fan bois are bitching about how the racing is getting boring so they flicked Honda a few mil to get him to have a medium instead of soft tyre on and see if he could slow down to make a race of it while he is well ahead on points.
    Cheers

    Merv

  7. #637
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,635
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I think MM lost when Dovi dicked him on the first lap. From then Dovi harried him and didn't allow the well-known Marquez 'escape and make a gap'. It is not often you will see someone "do a Marquez" on Marquez and force him to do someone elses race strategy.
    Although Honda have improved their power output the Ducati still seems to have an edge. The Austrian track is a series of drag strips which tends to favour the Ducs, thus their successes there. Be interesting to see what happens at Silverstone.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  8. #638
    Join Date
    12th September 2004 - 17:40
    Bike
    06 GSX- R1000
    Location
    Horowhenua NZ
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Although Honda have improved their power output the Ducati still seems to have an edge. The Austrian track is a series of drag strips which tends to favour the Ducs, thus their successes there. Be interesting to see what happens at Silverstone.
    Thats what I'm thinking pritch, Duc the best bike and Honda have the best pilot...
    All the Yams are down on straight line, factory or not.They have been for 2 or 3 years.
    Roll on the next one,you'd have to bet MM will work on tyre choice for that. ( Goodnight Dovi, he's just too good.)
    Still waiting for Yamaha to fix their problems,I thought I read a new engine was coming for 2020.

    You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

  9. #639
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,236
    If you check out the analysis page Dovi and Marc did a best top speed exactly equal at 316.7km/hr. The best the Frenchy did was 302.5km/hr and Rossi 306.8km/hr.

    https://resources.motogp.com/files/r...df?v1_7358002f
    Cheers

    Merv

  10. #640
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    If you check out the analysis page Dovi and Marc did a best top speed exactly equal at 316.7km/hr. The best the Frenchy did was 302.5km/hr and Rossi 306.8km/hr.

    https://resources.motogp.com/files/r...df?v1_7358002f
    Those be the numbers.
    FQ was only on that podium by waiting till he saw God then jamming on the brakes. Real brave riding.

    Its interesting that the Yams are having both wheel spin and top speed issues, I would say they are losing out both in power and putting it to the ground making it a double cluster fuck.
    Any of you boffins think its down to the firing order of the L4 not allowing better traction? Or is it all down to crank weight? Seems inline 4s aren't the way to go in the modern motogp era though going by how many races won by Honda and Duc vs Suzuki and Yam since the Mitch switch

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  11. #641
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,231
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...part_ways.html

    Zarco saying see ya later to KTM. Going to be interesting to see where he lands and hopefully this will bring Olivera into the factory fold, he's earned it

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  12. #642
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...part_ways.html

    Zarco saying see ya later to KTM. Going to be interesting to see where he lands and hopefully this will bring Olivera into the factory fold, he's earned it

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    based on his recent results and todays yes...i think pol would have finished ahead still

  13. #643
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Those be the numbers.
    FQ was only on that podium by waiting till he saw God then jamming on the brakes. Real brave riding.

    Its interesting that the Yams are having both wheel spin and top speed issues, I would say they are losing out both in power and putting it to the ground making it a double cluster fuck.
    Any of you boffins think its down to the firing order of the L4 not allowing better traction? Or is it all down to crank weight? Seems inline 4s aren't the way to go in the modern motogp era though going by how many races won by Honda and Duc vs Suzuki and Yam since the Mitch switch

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    its been rear grip for ages now....no grip,no drive, reduced top speed.I dont think they are lacking horsepower ,rins couldnt pass them...

  14. #644
    Join Date
    22nd July 2005 - 00:27
    Bike
    77 XL250
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    1,423
    Silverstone will be interesting for Yamaha with what is said to be a smooth and grippy track. I am praying for a dry weekend there. It may favour Ducati too??? I want Dovi to take it to MM again and give us at least a slender hope the Marquez reign will not last until 2030.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    10th June 2008 - 15:44
    Bike
    1340
    Location
    CH-CH
    Posts
    1,020
    No more KTM chassis for moto2 after this year...instead brings Husqvarna to moto3

    https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/mot...0-motomatters/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •