Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bistard View Post
    I understand Bautista has signed with Honda in WSB!!
    David Emmett on his Motomatters site,
    "Reliable reports have the Spaniard under contract to HRC to race for the factory Honda team in WorldSBK. But there are doubts that this will happen: HRC is believed to be considering pulling out of WorldSBK and letting the Moriwaki Althea team run the show."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    the last couple of races has me thinking the Honda isa beast this year.Its got an engine but i think it is even more difficut to ride than before.MM seems to be able to ride it right on the limit and hhe uses up the tyres.Again this week he had no rear grip at the end of the race

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    the last couple of races has me thinking the Honda isa beast this year.Its got an engine but i think it is even more difficut to ride than before.MM seems to be able to ride it right on the limit and hhe uses up the tyres.Again this week he had no rear grip at the end of the race
    Its built to drop super quick and fire out of the corners like a bat out of hell this year. The long corners at Silverstone would have been tricky on it for sure which is why he was wiggling around so much.
    Front end is less stable now it seems but for someone with MMs reflexes he's using that to his advantage.
    Probably the most well rounded bike on the grid though when you think about it, just with a razor sharp edge that bites hard when ignored. It appears MMs the only one who can ride it as JLs been ruined all year but hopefully that will change soon.
    Few more ponies in that sook and watch out though, its pretty close already so if the over factories don't make too bigger step then they hopefully will close up even more in 2020.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I don't think Honda have ever been short on HP ,even in the 500 era.
    That was always their, "thing".
    But having that crazy little dude #93 as a pilot sure helps their cause. He is able to ride anything it seems.
    Can't say I'm unhappy to see Doocatis not being able to blow everyone away in the straights lately.
    A bit more top end from the Yamahas could see a closer fight. (hopefully ?).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Test times in from Misano.
    Zarco got told to fuck off so Dani could pick up the slack, he did rather well too with the fastest KTM time.
    Be interesting to see what KTM are up to as the media focuses on the big brands more while KTM are most likely the ones doing the most work.
    Bike seems to have jumped the Aprilia for worst bike status and frequently out performs the sat bikes, so thats some good progress this year. How cool will it be if/when they get it capable of podium pace and we have 5 different manufacturers able to win? They have the rider talent with Pol, Binder and Olivera so if they give them the bike... Another 2 years away at least though

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I don't think Honda have ever been short on HP ,even in the 500 era.
    That was always their, "thing".
    But having that crazy little dude #93 as a pilot sure helps their cause. He is able to ride anything it seems.
    Can't say I'm unhappy to see Doocatis not being able to blow everyone away in the straights lately.
    A bit more top end from the Yamahas could see a closer fight. (hopefully ?).
    not sure that that is so easy to acheive"a few more hp" always seems to come at the expense of something else.....so if the yamaha and or suzuki gain a few hp what will it cost,rideability for sure,maybe some kind of tyre life and or handling edge they once had...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    not sure that that is so easy to acheive"a few more hp" always seems to come at the expense of something else.....so if the yamaha and or suzuki gain a few hp what will it cost,rideability for sure,maybe some kind of tyre life and or handling edge they once had...
    When Burgess/Rossi had their original input at Yamaha Burgess was quoted as saying something like, there's usually ony one main straight but there are a lot of corners. The bike was down a little on speed but made up for it in rideability. Sadly that little down on speed has turned into a lot.

They tried a carbon swing arm and a 2020 engine at the test but reportedly there were no great leaps forward.

Recently the Dorna cameras caught the podium place getters chatting as they climbed their way up. That chat about what had happened to each in the race was illuminating. It seems Dorna has now made post race chat between the top placed riders a regular feature. Marquez was not his usual chirpy self during the latest. Interestingly he commented that he is better on left hand turns, (that was thought to be the case) when he loses the front it's mostly on a right hand tune. This by way of explanation to Rins on why he managed to get past in the final corner.

I can't find it on the MotoGP site but Mat Oxley posted it on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1167377243796115456
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Fuck Marc wasn't a happy chappy eh?
    Rins might be the one that can break his cool a bit.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Rins might be the one that can break his cool a bit.

Rins has broken the MM cool before. There is bad blood between Rins and the Marquez family/management from the Moto3 days.

I am hoping that Rins can set up a campsite inside the head of MM else I fear the M. Marquez dominance will continue for a few more years.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    ES XTZ

Yeah compared to the other week with Dovi where MM was very chatty

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Rins comment: "you are 78 points ahead so they will respect you"
    Not sure if poor translation or if he was winding him up. Was funny though as MM didn't seem to answer

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rins comment: "you are 78 points ahead so they will respect you"
    Not sure if poor translation or if he was winding him up. Was funny though as MM didn't seem to answer
    The subtitles were better than nowt. Those three were all Spanish so they'll speak that. Hopefully the podium placegetters won't always be all Spanish and they'll use English as the common language. The previous one I saw included Rossi and Miller so English it was.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i loved that wee interlude.If you didnt know who they were it could be any three motorcyclists taking about a good ride they just had.

Bike
    Nowt any more

Moto 2 signings

Della Porta to Italtrans and Vierge to Petronas Sprinta.
    I hope Vierge finds the right people for him. The team chemistry is very important and he has too much talent to not get the right team around him at some stage.
    My pick for Moto 3 champ this year, right from the off, was Dalla Porta. In a battle with Arbolino and Canet now.
    He is so weee.....
    Would so like to see McPhee in the front at every race next year, but my observations lead me to conclude that he has one or two quite serious deficiencies (relative to the other front running Moto 3 riders that is, not relative to a normal Joe Bloggs!!).
    If he can remedy those, then great, but I fear that they are personality fixtures, not skill issues.

And Sam Lowes confirmed at Marc vdS today. Hope for the same thing as Vierge. Perhaps the more northern euro approach will be better for Sam than the Italian/Spanish approach.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Just had a wildish thought, but what are the chances of Aleix binning Aprilia and joining Pol at KTM next year?
    He's getting frustrated at the lack of development from Aprilia so I wonder if he will can his contract to go join a team on an upward trajectory?

Thread Information