Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    R100GSPD

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Everyone enjoy that race then?
    I enjoyed it for the prospect of what next year could be like.

MM is next level compared to everyone else, almost the perfect season if he hadn’t crashed in an easy win race.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Moto3 was marred by that dodgy episode by Binder. I feel there will be more accounting by him before long. I enjoyed the support races too.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's sad watching Rossi touring around in about eighth. He is changing crew chief for next year, David Munoz (there's a ~ over that n). David is moving up from SKY VR46 Moto2 which has prompted comment because Moto2 does not have all the electrickery of MotoGP.

Rossi will announce his intentions after a few races next season. If he doesn't pull a rabbit out of his AGV this year, Yamaha may have other ideas about that. Marquez could win the team title this year on his own, Lorenzo isn't scoring any points. That must be a smack in the face to the other manufacturers.

At least the next few outings are at a civilised hour.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I David is moving up from SKY VR46 Moto2 which has prompted comment because Moto2 does not have all the electrickery of MotoGP.
    Heard the same comments too. But they were quickly countered by those in the know saying he will have a team of engineers and mechanics who do understand.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Heard the same comments too. But they were quickly countered by those in the know saying he will have a team of engineers and mechanics who do understand.
    Yamaha has reportedly poached a second Magneti Marelli employee, but lack of knowledge of that system has been holding them back for a couple of seasons. I'd need convincing that they've yet got knowledge to spare.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yamaha has reportedly poached a second Magneti Marelli employee, but lack of knowledge of that system has been holding them back for a couple of seasons. I'd need convincing that they've yet got knowledge to spare.
    Oh I totally agree that they've been lacking in that department (so we have been told) it was mentioned that crew chiefs are not normally electronic engineers at the coalface.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Bit late getting to see the last race, apart from a couple of swaps at the front it was a little ho hum.
    Dovi dragged a few at the start to 4th ,but couldn't get any further. He needed a longer straight I suppose ??/ lol
    Rossi moved from 8th to 6th then faded back to 8th.

Here's hoping for a good Motegi in two weeks !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Oh I totally agree that they've been lacking in that department (so we have been told) it was mentioned that crew chiefs are not normally electronic engineers at the coalface.
    Here's the thing though, they are lacking, but a Rookie satellite Yamaha rider, at lean out of corners can get it hooked up bloody well. In all his battles recently I have seen FQ pull bike lengths out of MM and the Ducati guys on corner exit, only to get smashed in the higher gears. If it wasn't for MMs scary left hand corner speed I suspect FQ would have been able to walk away on Sunday going off how well he was riding. So I think they also have some heavy fisted riders on the 3 other bikes needing it but FQ can ride around it. Add another 20hp though and he may struggle to get it hooked as well, nothing comes for free!

Can't wait to see his progression.

Shame Jack Miller hit the kill switch, I think a finishing ahead of Dovi a few times this season will give Ducati the prod they need to ditch Petrux and sign him.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Here's the thing though, they are lacking, but a Rookie satellite Yamaha rider, at lean out of corners can get it hooked up bloody well.
    The data suggests that FQ's ability to get it hooked up better is that he requires less lean angle for a given speed.

Bike
    husaberg
    The data suggests that FQ's ability to get it hooked up better is that he requires less lean angle for a given speed.
    Are you sugesing hes straightening out the ccorners Like Lawson and Gardners did with the old unreadable NSR500 pre Doohan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Are you sugesing hes straightening out the ccorners Like Lawson and Gardners did with the old unreadable NSR500 pre Doohan?
    Drive from edge grip is supposedly where the Yamaha is having most of its traction issues. So less lean (due to riding style) means less issue. So not straightening them out so much but reducing overall lean angle.

Bike
    husaberg
    Drive from edge grip is supposedly where the Yamaha is having most of its traction issues. So less lean (due to riding style) means less issue. So not straightening them out so much but reducing overall lean angle.
    if that's the case hes effectively making the corners longer then?
    You have to wonder Old George never had an issue leaning it over.
    I don't think there has been any quantum leaps forward in tyres or chassis in the last few years, they just made the Dukes and the Hondas more ridable afaik.
    the Yamahas previous advantage of a few years ago awas its handling and ridability the other now can match or better this with more Hp to boot..

i just seen this
    In comparing Márquez's first 200 GPs with those of longtime rival Valentino Rossi, both riders had amassed an equal number of world titles, seven. Rossi, however, had 13 more victories, 91 versus 78. Seconds (34) and thirds (17) are evenly matched, but with pole positions, Márquez takes advantage of his uncanny ability to produce an explosive single lap. Here, the record books favor the Spaniard, 89 against 50. Looking at fast laps, Rossi is back on top, 73 versus 69, and over those 200 races, Rossi collected 70 percent of the points at stake while Márquez is at 64 percent.
    https://www.cycleworld.com/how-does-...motogp-starts/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    if that's the case hes effectively making the corners longer then?
    Possibly. However my interpretation of it was his body position/riding style had his centre of gravity further in than the other riders. Now from my understanding that allows the same line and speed at a slightly reduced lean angle. Similar to riders hanging off as far as possible in the wet. Or I may be completely and utterly talking out my...

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Possibly. However my interpretation of it was his body position/riding style had his centre of gravity further in than the other riders. Now from my understanding that allows the same line and speed at a slightly reduced lean angle. Similar to riders hanging off as far as possible in the wet. Or I may be completely and utterly talking out my...
    Could be bang on... He strikes me as a very lanky figure, good balance of low weight mixed with height which would help with this. That and coming straight from Moto2 with a speed up would help big time.
    Whatever the reason, he gets that Yam hooked up and the fuck out of there, so the other Yams need to interpret his rider inputs (if only it were so easy) or work out a new way to find the laptime

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information