Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It has been reported that Crutchlow is preparing to bow out. Being in constant pain can't be much fun.
    Yeah, I've never worked out why Crashlow has never used his huge gob as in an unfair advantage over other riders as an air brake to get the bike stopped faster than them
    However you cannot deny he can ride super quick and gives his all - fall after fall. And of late that is really a reflection of the Honda being a prick of a bike to ride. The Honda execs must wake up and pray for protection of MM every day - as without him, they would not even see their bikes on the podium yet alone winning championships.

Crutchlow has made a bit of money (I Think) from this lark, he should probs now retire and enjoy his young family while he still has a semblance of a functioning body to do so.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Haven't seen this posted already so... Herewith the state of play in the ongoing Yamaha electronics saga - and so much more.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...p-s-brains-war
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    2021 all ECU are to be commercially available Speeduino modules cobbled together in garages using open source code.
    Teams rush to employ as many nerdy students hoping to get lucky. This has nothing to do with the chance of race supremacy.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Motegi this weekend.
    Should be screened at a reasonable hour being where it is....

Get your Beerzy's and chips in .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Nakagami is having his last ride for the year at Montegi, before handing his bike over to ZARCO for the last three rounds. Now this is going to be very interesting to see if Zarco is a one bike pony, or can he actually adapt to other bikes that do not happen to be a KTM? His future as a either motogp rider or test rider could very well hinge on his performances. Could be a KTM "Told you so" moment or a French egg on KTM's face. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Zarco has lost the Yamaha tester opportunity. It seems that Folger has been signed instead.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Zarco has lost the Yamaha tester opportunity. It seems that Folger has been signed instead.
    Zarco wants to race, not test. Honda are very interested in how he will get on with their bike.

Rossi has ditched all of the latest wizardry, carbon swing arm etc. He wants his bike to be more like the bikes the young dudes are riding to see if he can understand what’s happening.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Holy Shit, free practice 4 and Lorenzo is dead last 8 seconds off the pace - yikes!

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Another piss poor effort by the old farts...true to form,to little to late. Time for teams to wake up and get shopping for new blood coz the 'Rookie of the Year' has made chumps of the lot of em.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Holy Shit, free practice 4 and Lorenzo is dead last 8 seconds off the pace - yikes!
    He was the only one not to go out on slicks.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    That Ducati makes Dovi look better than average. If they would just hire a couple of these young guns they might have a World Champ ?
    Sad for me to see Vale struggling and then slipping off.
    #93 too good !!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That wasn't a great watch. Marquez is special and it's not the bike, seems he's the only one that can ride it. Quarteraro is a talent and his day will come. Rossi's problems seem rather more complex than can be fixed by a new crew chief. As for bringing in new talent, not everybody is a Quarteraro.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Put Miller on the factory Ducati I say. With some more data behind him he'll crack the code, hard to compete with the factory boys without the team behind you. Be interesting to see why he and Morb couldn't match their practice pace.

MM showed why he's world champ, he's got that bike dialled in perfectly so his base set up was better than the others could manage with limited dry time. Yamaha will 100% need more engine next year or he'll walk away with it again. Can't see Dovi or Petrux putting up a good challenge anymore now Dovis trick of going slow isn't going to work now the tyres can last a full race properly.
    Sad prospect for us fans but great to see the worlds best in full stride

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That wasn't a great watch. Marquez is special and it's not the bike, seems he's the only one that can ride it. Quarteraro is a talent and his day will come. Rossi's problems seem rather more complex than can be fixed by a new crew chief. As for bringing in new talent, not everybody is a Quarteraro.
    Completely agree, and to add to the fun, Quateraro hardly set moto2 alight, but is a revelation on a Yamaha motogp bike. Makes me wonder how many other potential stars have been overlooked. Tricky to anticipate who that sort of rider might be!

See Remy Gardner turned down KTM interest. Not sure that was the right move, he may never get another motogp offer in his life!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    He was the only one not to go out on slicks.
    Yikes, that could be even worse in Hondas eyes, they purchased him for his experience, clearly that was not the right move. Cheers for letting me know, I was wondering what the heck was going on!

Thread Information