Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    It will be a big what if for many years to come. No doubt that Ducati has title potential and the way JL rode it looked very good for twisty tracks where dovi struggles
    Ducati dun phucked up for sure!

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Disappointed Lorenzo didn't do one more year on the Ducati and called it quits from there. He was on for a title with another season on that I reckon.
    Agree 100 %

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    If he hadn't gotten injured on the Ducati and hadn't missed races on it in 2018 his result might have been pretty good then and yeah who knows how well he could have gone on it this year.
    it was easy to see how well he was gonna go,he won some races and was right up there in others and was on pole in Aragon when the injuries started

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I didnt like Lorenzo much made no secret of that, but this seems quite fitting.

Respect to him

https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/jorg...WWcelRdijfyh2U
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Well that's a wrap for the 2019 season. Great for Honda and Marc to win the triple crown. Shame Jorge didn't have more success and not have to retire after his injuries.

So when is Rossi retiring too? They could all go on a fishing holiday in Queensland with Casey.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Another MM benefit race. He is unstoppable right now. The rumor his brother will join MM in Repsol team is gaining traction.
    I can imagine MM's contract negotiations.
    "Mr Honda, you will be signing Alex on as my Team mate for 2020.
    Honda, "ermmmm"
    MM "Hmm, the Ducati looks quite good"
    Honda "Marc, please sign here, and Alex, please sign here"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So when is Rossi retiring too?
    He said that he'd wait until after the first few races next year. Circulating in sixth or eighth or whatever can't be much fun for him though. I'd rather he canned it this year than wobbled around at the back of the field all next year.

If this test doesn't answer all of his problems it might be time to move to plan B. Zarco won't mind.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    He said that he'd wait until after the first few races next year. Circulating in sixth or eighth or whatever can't be much fun for him though. I'd rather he canned it this year than wobbled around at the back of the field all next year.
    He set the fastest lap in the previous race, he's not exactly wobbling around yet.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Back in 2017 Maverick had done well at the tests and then won the first two races. Me being a Honda fan I thought oh, oh, you're going have to pull finger to beat this boy. Somewhere along the line Yamaha did it for them and it seemed like the harder they tried to please Rossi, the worse they made the bike, and only now has Maverick been making some progress again but I reckon he lost his opportunity as Marc has just got better over the three seasons.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    I'm not sure Yamaha is pandering to rossi bike wise. Someone on here may know different. I think the Yamaha is down on power but I wonder if the tyres are more suited to the power delivery of the v4 s? Most of the field have that configuration so it would make sense to develop with that in mind? It's good to have handling but pointless if they all ride past you on the exit.
    Shame about lorenzo. I really wanted him to make a come back.
    And I'm not not a fan.
    dont break your cake

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by badlieutenant View Post
    I'm not sure Yamaha is pandering to rossi bike wise. Someone on here may know different. I think the Yamaha is down on power but I wonder if the tyres are more suited to the power delivery of the v4 s? Most of the field have that configuration so it would make sense to develop with that in mind? It's good to have handling but pointless if they all ride past you on the exit.
    Shame about lorenzo. I really wanted him to make a come back.
    And I'm not not a fan.
    Of course Yamaha weren't pandering to Rossi.
    They had a guy on their team with two decades experience, a man who was one of the few riders who had won championships in consecutive years on different marques.
    They would have been crazy to ignore his input.
    But there is also no evidence that they ignored Vinales input.

Whatever happened, they came up with a slow bike which had problems with the new tyres (your theory about the new tyres and v4's has some merit) and the new ECU.
    And BOTH riders struggled with it.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post

Whatever happened, they came up with a slow bike which had problems with the new tyres (your theory about the new tyres and v4's has some merit) and the new ECU.
    And BOTH riders struggled with it.
    Weird thing was how Maverick started off in his first year, he really made it look like Marc had some competition, but then poof he was gone.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Weird thing was how Maverick started off in his first year, he really made it look like Marc had some competition, but then poof he was gone.
    So you think that Maverick was sabotaged by Vale?
    Or Yamaha? Or both?

Also: the major problem appears to be lack of power.
    You do know that major teams can't modify engines during the year?

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    So you think that Maverick was sabotaged by Vale?
    Or Yamaha? Or both?

Also: the major problem appears to be lack of power.
    You do know that major teams can't modify engines during the year?
    Yeah know all that stuff, and whether you'd call it sabotage is probably a bit strong but you do wonder about what they did with the balance of the bike to try and please the old guy and if so why alter Mav's bike too if that was the case or was it Michelin really changing the tyres or something? Whatever happened it knocked Mav's performance part way into the year. While Yams have never had the power and speed of Hondas, until recently they also seemed screwed by lack of traction for those dark years, or at least that's what the riders kept saying, but along comes Petronas having much less trouble with that. It is just plain weird.

Some say they weren't on top of the spec ECU and software until they hired an ex Ducati guy, but none of that explains why Mav was fastest in testing on debut, turned that into two wins immediately, and then he was done for and went a couple of years in the wilderness when he had already started with all the spec gear.

So I don't know Oscar, what does your inside man tell you or does he not gossip?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Yeah know all that stuff, and whether you'd call it sabotage is probably a bit strong but you do wonder about what they did with the balance of the bike to try and please the old guy and if so why alter Mav's bike too if that was the case or was it Michelin really changing the tyres or something? Whatever happened it knocked Mav's performance part way into the year. While Yams have never had the power and speed of Hondas, until recently they also seemed screwed by lack of traction for those dark years, or at least that's what the riders kept saying, but along comes Petronas having much less trouble with that. It is just plain weird.

Some say they weren't on top of the spec ECU and software until they hired an ex Ducati guy, but none of that explains why Mav was fastest in testing on debut, turned that into two wins immediately, and then he was done for and went a couple of years in the wilderness when he had already started with all the spec gear.

So I don't know Oscar, what does your inside man tell you or does he not gossip?
    What's it they say - correlation is not causation?
    Just because VR was in the team, and complained about the bike doesn't mean that he's to blame for MV's problems.

And no, I don't know anyone in Team Yamaha anymore.
    Only Dorna and KTM/Red Bull.

Thread Information