Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Fuck it. I'm going Rossi for the title.

He will have a Zen moment and realise it's not the bike, it's the inner calm required to extract the most out if it.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Fuck it. I'm going Rossi for the title.

He will have a Zen moment and realise it's not the bike, it's the inner calm required to extract the most out if it.

+1

Achieving a state of Nirvana with orange plastic sprinkles?

Yamaha have been very quiet.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I'm forever hopeful for Rossi to score another, I've been a fan since '97 but I'm skeptical.. Still, fingers crossed eh?
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I'm forever hopeful for Rossi to score another, I've been a fan since '97 but I'm skeptical.. Still, fingers crossed eh?
    I doubt their would be any nails on those fingers. Would love to see him go out a champion.

Who is the next oldest factory rider?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Meanwhile, nothing to do with MotoGP but I suspect it may be enjoyed by a few. Some racing, Oyrish GP.

I reckon the video is not 100% right, but, meh.

Manopausal.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    That’s interesting - it will be to feed the braking force into the frame instead of the swingarm. Perhaps an indication of how much they are using the rear brake these days.

It’s great how Ducati try all this stuff.
    I think it's for decoupling the rear brake from the suspension movement?

If you hold on the front brake and compress the suspension the rear wheel must rotate, if you hold on the rear brake this will stop the suspension from compressing (unless the tyre slips) so this device rolls the brake back with the suspension so that the brake is still fixed, but can move around the disc relative to the movement of the suspension.

I'm sure I've seen it before on older bikes? even mountain bikes?

Yeah nah?
    Can I scream?

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Ducati have been trying some strange things, aero back ends, sensors everywhere, a peculiar parallelogram arrangement on the rear wheel. Both Petrucci and Miller did their fastest times with that fitted.
    That’s interesting - it will be to feed the braking force into the frame instead of the swingarm. Perhaps an indication of how much they are using the rear brake these days.

It’s great how Ducati try all this stuff.

If you hold on the front brake and compress the suspension the rear wheel must rotate, if you hold on the rear brake this will stop the suspension from compressing (unless the tyre slips) so this device rolls the brake back with the suspension so that the brake is still fixed, but can move around the disc relative to the movement of the suspension.

Yeah nah?
    Matt Oxley's write up.

While Dall’Igna works on the details he also thinks outside the box, which explains the parallelogram rear end that Dovizioso, Petrucci and Pramac GP19 rider Jack Miller tried at Jerez last month. This gizmo squats the rear end during braking to increase rear grip, which could give Ducati a major advantage in 2019.

Riders already exceed 100 per cent of front braking grip – locking the front tyre into most corners – so if Dovizioso can use the rear brake and rear tyre to increase stopping power he should be able to out-brake anyone. But if Ducati’s so-called FUBAR works, expect Honda, Yamaha and everyone else to fit their own very soon.
    It actually forces the rear to squat.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post

Yeah nah?
    yeah i think every dirt bike has that set up.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So Mat Oxley explained something this morning that hitherto had been a mystery, to me at least. I had wondered how, just a couple of years after Marquez won the Moto2 title on a Suter, there were hardly any Suters in the field.

Apparently the Suter was a stiff and rather awkward bike to ride and it needed the aggressive physical riding style of Marquez. Also Suter himself had been favouring some teams over others, which when that became public, caused teams to look elsewhere.
    Apparently Kalex noticed the fall out and they have been very careful to treat everybody the same.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    yeah i think every dirt bike has that set up.
    I think there is a difference in setup types? . The direct shock setup KTM uses (PDS?) definitely prohibits the front suspension from compressing with rear brake applied. Found that the hard way when I adjusted and the caliper heated with use and started dragging.

I think a linkage system works better at preventing this problem?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    I think there is a difference in setup types? . The direct shock setup KTM uses (PDS?) definitely prohibits the front suspension from compressing with rear brake applied. Found that the hard way when I adjusted and the caliper heated with use and started dragging.

I think a linkage system works better at preventing this problem?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    my observation is that ducati has a torque arm which prevents the caliper rotating on the axle when the rear brake is applied.The torque arm mounts to the frame whereas the other bikes calipers feed the torque into the swingarm which inhibits rearsuspension movement.AFAIK its called a fully floating rear brake

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    This of course matters to Ducati riders because they use the rear brake all the time. Slight exaggeration, maybe not 5th and 6th in s straight line, but otherwise they're on the back brake.

I think George will love the Honda!

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Dani in the wars

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Bike
    77 XL250
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Unfortunately their less than impressive moustaches are significantly quicker than Eugene's.

Thread Information