Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Unfortunately their less than impressive moustaches are significantly quicker than Eugene's.
    That is a very good point. How much does a Laverty moustache weigh? And what are it's aerodynamic properties?

Never guess it is the off season would you?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    That is a very good point. How much does a Laverty moustache weigh? And what are it's aerodynamic properties?

Never guess it is the off season would you?
    The fastest moustache of the MotoGP era?

Bored

Bike
    77 XL250
    Biaggi springs to my mind, or was that fashion accessory in post MotoGP years?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Nowt any more

Ducati Team 2019 launch

If anyone is wondering where the Marlboro red has gone, it is still there, just changed hue.
    The new 'sponsor' on the bike is Mission Winnow.
    What is that you ask?
    Funnily enough, it is just Phillip Morris International in another guise, trying to tell everyone that they are attempting to innovate across the board for the benefit of the worlds 1.1 billion smokers.
    I've seen some cynical shit in this life, but this........
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    If anyone is wondering where the Marlboro red has gone, it is still there, just changed hue.
    What is that you ask?
    Funnily enough, it is just Phillip Morris International in another guise, trying to tell everyone that they are attempting to innovate across the board for the benefit of the worlds 1.1 billion smokers.
    I think this guy nails it quite nicely.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Rather than just the one item, here's several: https://motomatters.com

Alex Briggs got home from Japan yesterday, presumably from building the 2019 Yamahas.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    More fool Ducati, they lower the height of the tank on the 2018 bike, Lorenzo said he didn't like it and wanted to be able to grip it with his legs properly so they take 6 months to give him what he asked for, meanwhile it is all his fault he can't make the bike perform. Funny how all that turned out. It will be interesting to see how he goes with HRC and with Marc as a team mate for sure.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It has been announced that JL has fractured a scaphoid bone in training and will undergo surgery today. MM has been posting photos implying that he has good mobility in his shoulder but it does seem both Repsol riders will start the season injured.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It has been announced that JL has fractured a scaphoid bone in training and will undergo surgery today. MM has been posting photos implying that he has good mobility in his shoulder but it does seem both Repsol riders will start the season injured.
    I haven't seen much coming from the Yamaha camp ? Hopefully everything is in place to wow us ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I haven't seen much coming from the Yamaha camp ? Hopefully everything is in place to wow us ?
    Alex Briggs posted pictures while working in Japan last week but none of the bikes. Once his labours were completed it seems he did a tour of hardware shops looking at tools, and golf shops just 'cause.

At least there is no news of injuries.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    What is that you ask?
    https://imgur.com/a/yBIQR1X

Illuminati confirmed! Get your tin foil hats folks or reading words on a motorcycle will make you smoke cigarettes!!
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Honda winter testing may be handicapped, with both Repsol riders and apparently also Crutchlow recovering from surgery or injury. Bradl may be their only fit rider.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Overnight our time was the Repsol team launch. This year Repsol and Honda are celebrating 25 years of partnership, and what a partnership: "168 victories in the premier class, 14 World Championships, 427 podiums, 182 fastest laps and 177 pole positions".

Unlike Ducati, Honda are not waiting months to give JL a special tank, his new bike has a sculpted artwork of a tank. Well, it isn't a tank at all, but YKWIM...

https://motomatters.com/press_releas...sent_25th.html

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I liked Repsol's video comparing Doohan and Criville's NSR's to the current RCV's.. I believe the quote was along the lines of "as you can see, they are all the same" as they crossed the line together with great choreography!

So the newest Honda GP bike is no faster than an old bloke on a 20 year old NSR, great press haha
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Thread Information