Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    Blade '12
    Sepang test feb 6 - 8.Looking forward to it.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Why do they test at Sepang?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Why do they test at Sepang?
    because most of europe is in the middle of winter

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    because most of europe is in the middle of winter
    Yeah, there is snow in parts of Europe and Britain. It's not the comfort level that's a concern, the tyres wouldn't work.

Could be worse, could be Chicago that's like the North Pole currently.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    It's quite a unique track and a long way from Europe, but I suppose even in Spain it's too wintry.

We will get to see who's found more power!

Bike
    R100GSPD
    It's quite a unique track and a long way from Europe, but I suppose even in Spain it's too wintry.

they have already had two tests in spain,Valencia in November straight after the last race and one at Jerez 1 week later

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps. All three Honda factory riders are in recovery mode following surgery/injury and others may not yet be 100%.

That's something that was overlooked when the suggestion was first made to go to a twenty round series. There were objections that the seaon was long enough.
    "But the F1 drivers can do it," they said.
    The F1 drivers don't take the knocks that the riders do though.

Rossi's reaction will be interesting. I seem to recall that there has been a change at the top of the Yamaha engineering management tree. The guy who was in charge wasn't making much progress and he's been moved on. Yamaha say it's just routine staff changes, but they would.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Rossi's reaction will be interesting. I seem to recall that there has been a change at the top of the Yamaha engineering management tree. The guy who was in charge wasn't making much progress and he's been moved on. Yamaha say it's just routine staff changes, but they would.
    Not sure if you've seen this, but Vinales doesn't mention electronics at all.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...verick-vi-ales

Very interesting series of interviews.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if you've seen this, but Vinales doesn't mention electronics at all.
    I hadn't, but I've been reading the others. Not quite sure where you're going with that. The Yamaha problems go beyond electronics, although they have now poached a man to help with that.

Another absentee at the Sepang test. KTM's new test rider, Dani Pedrosa, is also recovering from surgery and will not be present.
    The factory test riders are working before the team riders start testing.

Interestingly the photo of Pedrosa that accompanied his post showed him in a beanie with what appeared to be snow on it. Sepang may well be the right place to be climate wise.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I hadn't, but I've been reading the others. Not quite sure where you're going with that. The Yamaha problems go beyond electronics, although they have now poached a man to help with that.

Another absentee at the Sepang test. KTM's new test rider, Dani Pedrosa, is recovering from surgery and will not be present.
    The factory test riders are working before the team riders start testing.
    I mentioned that because Rossi spent almost all of last season complaing about the electronics.

I must have missed this, but Petronas are getting the 2019 R1, not a year old bike like Tech3 did.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I mentioned that because Rossi spent almost all of last season complaing about the electronics.
    MV says right at the start of that Oxley interview that he never rode with the good electronics so he didn't miss them.

Yamaha were slow off the mark. Everybody else poached staff from Magnetti Marelli but Yamaha thought they knew better and they were suffering. There were other problems with engine internals that couldn't be changed and the factory generally didn't seem to have any answers.

Now they have a new electronics guy, and there is a new engineer in charge but he's only just got the job.
    I hope all of that doesn't just mean that the Yamaha will be great next year (2020).

I must have missed this, but Petronas are getting the 2019 R1, not a year old bike like Tech3 did.
    Interesting, that would be a big departure.

Bike
    Blade '12

Isn't it only Morbidelli getting full spec bike?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    MV says right at the start of that Oxley interview that he never rode with the good electronics so he didn't miss them.

Yamaha were slow off the mark. Everybody else poached staff from Magnetti Marelli but Yamaha thought they knew better and they were suffering. There were other problems with engine internals that couldn't be changed and the factory generally didn't seem to have any answers.

Now they have a new electronics guy, and there is a new engineer in charge but he's only just got the job.
    I hope all of that doesn't just mean that the Yamaha will be great next year (2020).

Interesting, that would be a big departure.
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Isn't it only Morbidelli getting full spec bike?
    its all about the money.If teh 3 fronted up with the $$$$ they (maybe)could have had up tp date bikes too.But it may also be the fact that Yamaha think that more input may be beneficial,but they need to be working of the same platform for that to be relevant

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    its all about the money.If teh 3 fronted up with the $$$$ they (maybe)could have had up tp date bikes too.But it may also be the fact that Yamaha think that more input may be beneficial,but they need to be working of the same platform for that to be relevant
    Yup, parallel development. It's been done before.

Kinda implies that Yamaha is still struggling.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Kinda implies that Yamaha is still struggling.
    Could be.

Honda have run a third factory bike on occasions, currently Crutchlow has one. Yamaha though have consistently refused to supply a third factory rider, in recent years at least. Things may change with the SkyVR46 MotoGP team somewhere just over the horizon. It's hard to imagine them not running Yamaha but...

I hope Yamaha can pull a rabbit out of their hat, we might get a hint over the next few days?

Thread Information