Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    R100GSPD
    the Honda is not a good bike,look where the others are.Its only MM that makes it good.
    I dont buy the edge grip thing,how can MM do it with more extreme lean angles than anyone.His corner speed is not fantastic as demonstrated by Rins at Silverstone.
    Some interesting developments await.Will a more powerful Yamaha still be a nice bike otr will it turn into a ducati or a Honda.The nice bikes dont have the horsepower of the nasty bikes.Will Lorenzo find some Mojo,Will jack start to show his full potential.I have been following motogp since 1978.I think the last few years have been the best.
    I dont want to start a rossi MM fight but i think MM stats are incredible seeing he has dominated some very very good riders(pedrosa,lorenzo,rossi)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    the Honda is not a good bike,look where the others are.Its only MM that makes it good.
    I dont buy the edge grip thing,how can MM do it with more extreme lean angles than anyone.His corner speed is not fantastic as demonstrated by Rins at Silverstone.
    I was referencing the Yamaha's issue with edge grip.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Maybe Quatararo makes the Yamaha look good too ? (and sometimes Vinales' lol).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Some interesting developments await.Will a more powerful Yamaha still be a nice bike otr will it turn into a ducati or a Honda.The nice bikes dont have the horsepower of the nasty bikes.Will Lorenzo find some Mojo,Will jack start to show his full potential.I have been following motogp since 1978.I think the last few years have been the best.
    I dont want to start a rossi MM fight but i think MM stats are incredible seeing he has dominated some very very good riders(pedrosa,lorenzo,rossi)
    Really? Its fast as and MM can make it turn just how he wants it. Hes not God, he cant bend the laws of physics. He just rides like him.

Put a desperate Zarco on George's factory bike and it would be interesting.

Either than or alter the position of George's tank decals (2mm back, 1.2 lower and 4* counterclockwise) and watch him take some wins again like he showed he was capable of beating MM at the end of his Dookaty season.

Friggin freaks.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Either than or alter the position of George's tank decals (2mm back, 1.2 lower and 4* counterclockwise) and watch him take some wins again like he showed he was capable of
    LoL Well said that man! Spoken like a true Ducatista...

Friggin freaks.
    True Dat! Small fast ones
    =mjc=

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    His corner speed this year is as fast as it needs to be, he doesn't have to cane it as hard as he has the engine to make up for it, that and the bikes not as stable entering corners this year so it's definitely down on corner speed to 18, but not drastically slower if you look at how he could hit those fast left handers and reel in FQ. He's riding it very smart and with his very fast reflexes he's able to balance the front end on the edge of a knife that others may not be able to.

Yes it's a good bike, if it wasn't he wouldn't be winning on it. As for the other riders, you only have one other top rider to reference, Lorenzo, who has not once rode that bike full fitness this year. Just as he was starting to show form he binned it again. He's been through injuries that other riders would call it quits for a season on. So I don't get this whole MM is doing things on that bike it shouldn't be doing; they built a bike that perfectly matches his crazy talent of front end slides, if riders like CC can't hang with him then it's on them and not the bike that the blame should lie.
    I think someone like Brad Binder (maybe even Pol Espagaro?) on the other Honda would very well be able to tame that bike and possibly give MM a good run, watching him pushing that KTM moto2 was awesome, both front and rear sliding all the way into corners, guys got huge talent and the KTM Motogp looks like the right bike to get him on as he clearly likes to bend a bike to his will.

Motogp keeps getting better and better, but the one thing that will remain is MM's dominance for at least one more season till they shake up the top factory rider line up.

Bike
    husaberg
    How do you explain the period when Rossi and George were making him and Pedro look ordinary then? only a few years ago?
    the honda has for a long time been a missile same as the duke but its rideable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    His corner speed this year is as fast as it needs to be, . . .
    Eggzakery
    Rainey, for those with long memories, was one for spending as little time in the danger zone as possible.

. . . and riding smart and dominating.

MM is Doohan a Doohan. To be honest it's boring compared to like 2 years back.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    How do you explain the period when Rossi and George were making him and Pedro look ordinary then? only a few years ago?
    the honda has for a long time been a missile same as the duke but its rideable now.
    When they weren't running spec electronics?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    When they weren't running spec electronics?
    yes but i would like to think honda had some pretty sophisticated software then it was a down grae for all of them.
    the Honda became ridable then not due to electronics imo , but its when they re phased the crank.

Eggzakery
    Rainey, for those with long memories, was one for spending as little time in the danger zone as possible.

. . . and riding smart and dominating.

MM is Doohan a Doohan. To be honest it's boring compared to like 2 years back.
    i would have said Lawson was the win as slow as possible or settle for the points without taking silly risks
    Thats why he steady Eddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I was referencing the Yamaha's issue with edge grip.
    i know that but as i said ,i dont buy it.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    yes but i would like to think honda had some pretty sophisticated software then it was a down grae for all of them.
    the Honda became ridable then not due to electronics imo , but its when they re phased the crank.
    Maybe a little of both, it seemed to be commonly accepted in the paddock that Yamaha got caught short on the electronics.

i know that but as i said ,i dont buy it.
    What's your thoughts on the Yamaha's traction issues out of corners? That seems to be where a lot of the complaints are focused.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    lack of mechanical grip plus electronics.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    lack of mechanical grip plus electronics.
    Ok I must be missing something. It seems you saying it has traction issues out of corners but not issues with edge grip?
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 11th October 2019 at 22:35.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Didn't see that coming!

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...akagami-at-lcr

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information