Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Hate to say it but he's not getting any younger and the competition is getting even faster.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    I know, but he was so close last year to snagging one, and so close in the championship what 3 years ago, or was it 4 now.
    Hes still a freak of nature as well as a long streak of piss
    To be pushing it at his age is simply amazing i dont blame him for not laying it all on the line its not as if his record doesn't stand for itself.
    If MM is going to match VR, he it needs to move manufacturers as well to win on a different make as well. MM also has Lorenzo on the same bike as him now, he needs to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I know but he was so close last year to snagging one and so close in the championship what 3 years ago or was it 4 now.
    Hes still a freak of nature as well as a long streak of piss
    To be pushing it at his age is simply amazing i dont blamer him for not laying it all on the line its not as if his record doesn't stand for itself.
    If MM is going to match he it needs to move manufacters as well to win on a different make as well.MM also has lorenzo on the same bike as him now he needs to beat.
    i think the competition between Lorenzo and MM can only make the Hondas stronger.If the Yamahas are Better I think it will be MV pushing Yamahas barrow.I think that at the end of last year Yamaha saw that their future lies with MV now

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i think the competition between Lorenzo and MM can only make the Hondas stronger.If the Yamahas are Better I think it will be MV pushing Yamahas barrow.I think that at the end of last year Yamaha saw that their future lies with MV now
    The two best riders is a coup, As long as it doesnt end up like a Aprilia 250 situation where all the top riders stole points of each other and honda and Yamaha was able to sneak out a title by having one front runner.
    I cant see either George or MM following team orders.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Hopefully so. Honda and the dream team... I foresee handbags at dawn.

With a pack of hungry hounds in hot pursuit.

I've waited two years for this season. Triumph in moto2 and the motogp field getting closer to MM.

If the last few years are anything to go by, this season may cause some spectators to black out from sheer awe.

Even if it's MM moving up a level.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

I've waited two years for this season. Triumph in moto2 and the motogp field getting closer to MM.

If the last few years are anything to go by, this season may cause some spectators to black out from sheer awe.

The GP2 noise should be pretty cool
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    R100GSPD
    The two best riders is a coup, As long as it doesnt end up like a Aprilia 250 situation where all the top riders stole points of each other and honda and Yamaha was able to sneak out a title by having one front runner.
    yes that is a real danger with the two fastest riders on the grid.I think MM will have the edge this year cos Jlo wont be as close to the edge .However it may take MM to get up to full speed too.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

I was nearly in tears watching assen.
    Bring it

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I'm a little bit in love with Rossi's 2k19 Winter test helmet design...

Another great design from Aldo Drudi
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    2019 is going to be an epic season I think. It's the first time, ever, that every bike on the grid is less than a year old. Even the rookies and Real Avintia have 2018 machines.

A side effect of that may be a higher turn over rate of riders, they've got the machinery so if they don't get up to speed quickly riders may find they're losing their rides much sooner than in the past.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I'm a little bit in love with Rossi's 2k19 Winter test helmet design...

Another great design from Aldo Drudi
    That is certainly colourful. I'm a Drudi fan and have two helmets bearing his artwork. The Arai is much more comfortable than the AGV though, so I won't be tempted to fork out the $1500 or whatever they want for that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

From On Track Off Road

THE FIVE THAT WILL BUBBLE?
    5th February 2019
    The end of January, a new season looms large on the horizon – and with it, a variety of possible sub-plots that have already been ‘in the making’ this winter. We cast an eye over potential battles and rivalries that promise to light up the 19-round calendar that lies ahead.

A Marquez-Dovizioso repeat

Noted, the vast majority of team presentations are littered with optimism. But Ducati’s opulent ‘do’ at Philip Morris International HQ in Switzerland wasn’t just an opportunity to witness the tobacco giant’s bewildering new approach to marketing. There was a chance to listen in on Andrea Dovizioso’s thoughts on the year ahead. “I feel better than last year,” said the 32-year old. “[With] More confidence.” Looking ahead, it’s hard to disagree. In the season’s second half, he outscored a rampant Marc Marquez by 157 points to 156. The Desmosedici’s base now works well everywhere. Gigi Dall’Igna’s unique innovations were in evidence at Jerez, with altered seat units and radical linkage system. New team-mate Danilo Petrucci is prepared to work according to the needs of Ducati’s lead rider. And for the first time since 2014, Marquez enters the season facing physical uncertainty. A healing left shoulder could yet disrupt an approach so dependent on total aggression. Dovizioso has enjoyed two years challenging. Now 2019 offers a best chance at claiming the overall crown.

Battle for superiority in HRC’s ‘Dream Team’

A ‘dream team’ operating within Repsol colours is no new thing. Marquez has labelled his own band of dedicated disciples just that as he powered a way to five of the past six championships. But Jorge Lorenzo’s arrival has strengthened the belief that internal friction could complicate the reigning champion’s approach. Beyond the fact that the grid’s two most talented riders, with a combined 138 race wins and 267 podiums between them, operate from the same garage, there comes a matter of personality. Marquez and Lorenzo have had their moments in the past. Two of Lorenzo’s most recent public outbursts came after innocuous incidents (Misano, 2016 and Aragon ’17). And the Majorcan’s demanding presence can rub some up the wrong way. When did we last see the considered figure of Dovizioso throwing the pettiest of barbs across the garage, for example? This hasn’t been billed as a potential Senna-Prost rivalry without reason.

Yamaha to get it right?

History has a habit of repeating itself. To which anyone overseeing Yamaha’s recent fortunes could attest. There was a whiff of déjà vu last November. At a post-season outing at Jerez the tune called by factory runners Maverick Viñales and Valentino Rossi wasn’t entirely harmonious. On Yamaha’s updated engine, aimed at ironing out the failures of its predecessor, the Catalan delivered a resounding verdict: “this bike can win the title.” Rossi, on the other hand, aired caution. “At the moment it’s a fourth place bike … if someone ahead retires!” Fundamentally, they are in agreement as to where is most in need of improvement. Both, for example, agreed on the engine direction needed for next year. Yet it’s whether Viñales can maintain this recent momentum, making his voice heard over his more experienced companion, and ignore Rossi’s attempts at disrupting his flow that represents the biggest challenge of his career to date. If Yamaha finally gets it right, sparks will fly.

The fight for Ducati’s second seat

The only factory rider on the grid not in possession of a two-year deal, Petrucci knows he must make good on previous promise if he wishes to maintain his current status. Knowing Pramac’s Jack Miller and Francesco Bagnaia have eyes on the seat for 2020, speculation regarding his position will be rife should he begin the year quietly. He acknowledged as much recently: “Jack and Pecco want my bike, it’s not a secret!” Miller’s aim will be much the same: prove himself a consistent podium contender. Equipped with Ducati’s GP19, he’ll likely have the machinery to do it. “I believe if we can do a really good job next year we should be in line for a factory seat somewhere,” said the Australian last November. “Here at Ducati. If not, we’ll see where the cards fall.” Then add Bagnaia into the equation, just 0.1s off Miller’s best time in only his second MotoGP test. This has the potential to escalate.

Bagnaia, Mir to lead the battle of the rookies

Were it not for the wealth, the fame and the fact their days consist of riding the world’s fastest motorcycles, you’d almost feel sympathy for a rookie entering the MotoGP fold. Marquez raised the expectations bar considerably in 2013 by winning the title first time out. Four years on and Johann Zarco went as far as leading the first lap of the first race. So to Bagnaia, Mir, Oliveira and Quartararo: no pressure. Granted, the premier class is closer than it’s ever been. But for Bagnaia to be so competitive at his two tests to date (0.6s off Viñales at Valencia, 0.4s back at Jerez) indicates he will be challenging for top sixes before too long. Yet with contemporaries as strong as these, winning the coveted ‘Rookie of the Year’ title will be no easy thing. Not least as Joan Mir has appeared so at home on Suzuki’s ever-improving MotoGP machine from the start (he passed through Jerez’s fearsome double right T11-12 with elbow down on the first morning of November’s test). Team manager Davide Brivio expects Mir’s progress to be on a par with Alex Rins’ debut year in 2017. If, so he’ll be alongside Bagnaia on the fringes of the top six.

By Neil Morrison @neilmorrison87

Photos by CormacGP @cormacgp
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Nowt any more

Best livery?

By a mile, Tech 3 KTM MotoGP and Moto2!
    Beautiful blue. Can't wait to see it in the bright sunshine.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    By a mile, Tech 3 KTM MotoGP and Moto2!
    Beautiful blue. Can't wait to see it in the bright sunshine.
    Handsome. Would look great dicing with the orange of the Repsol bikes... aaaaaand maybe that will happen

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    THE FIVE THAT WILL BUBBLE?
    5th February 2019
    The end of January, a new season looms large on the horizon – and with it, a variety of possible sub-plots that have already been ‘in the making’ this winter. We cast an eye over potential battles and rivalries that promise to light up the 19-round calendar that lies ahead.

A Marquez-Dovizioso repeat

Noted, the vast majority of team presentations are littered with optimism. But Ducati’s opulent ‘do’ at Philip Morris International HQ in Switzerland wasn’t just an opportunity to witness the tobacco giant’s bewildering new approach to marketing. There was a chance to listen in on Andrea Dovizioso’s thoughts on the year ahead. “I feel better than last year,” said the 32-year old. “[With] More confidence.” Looking ahead, it’s hard to disagree. In the season’s second half, he outscored a rampant Marc Marquez by 157 points to 156. The Desmosedici’s base now works well everywhere. Gigi Dall’Igna’s unique innovations were in evidence at Jerez, with altered seat units and radical linkage system. New team-mate Danilo Petrucci is prepared to work according to the needs of Ducati’s lead rider. And for the first time since 2014, Marquez enters the season facing physical uncertainty. A healing left shoulder could yet disrupt an approach so dependent on total aggression. Dovizioso has enjoyed two years challenging. Now 2019 offers a best chance at claiming the overall crown.

Battle for superiority in HRC’s ‘Dream Team’

A ‘dream team’ operating within Repsol colours is no new thing. Marquez has labelled his own band of dedicated disciples just that as he powered a way to five of the past six championships. But Jorge Lorenzo’s arrival has strengthened the belief that internal friction could complicate the reigning champion’s approach. Beyond the fact that the grid’s two most talented riders, with a combined 138 race wins and 267 podiums between them, operate from the same garage, there comes a matter of personality. Marquez and Lorenzo have had their moments in the past. Two of Lorenzo’s most recent public outbursts came after innocuous incidents (Misano, 2016 and Aragon ’17). And the Majorcan’s demanding presence can rub some up the wrong way. When did we last see the considered figure of Dovizioso throwing the pettiest of barbs across the garage, for example? This hasn’t been billed as a potential Senna-Prost rivalry without reason.

Yamaha to get it right?

History has a habit of repeating itself. To which anyone overseeing Yamaha’s recent fortunes could attest. There was a whiff of déjà vu last November. At a post-season outing at Jerez the tune called by factory runners Maverick Viñales and Valentino Rossi wasn’t entirely harmonious. On Yamaha’s updated engine, aimed at ironing out the failures of its predecessor, the Catalan delivered a resounding verdict: “this bike can win the title.” Rossi, on the other hand, aired caution. “At the moment it’s a fourth place bike … if someone ahead retires!” Fundamentally, they are in agreement as to where is most in need of improvement. Both, for example, agreed on the engine direction needed for next year. Yet it’s whether Viñales can maintain this recent momentum, making his voice heard over his more experienced companion, and ignore Rossi’s attempts at disrupting his flow that represents the biggest challenge of his career to date. If Yamaha finally gets it right, sparks will fly.

The fight for Ducati’s second seat

The only factory rider on the grid not in possession of a two-year deal, Petrucci knows he must make good on previous promise if he wishes to maintain his current status. Knowing Pramac’s Jack Miller and Francesco Bagnaia have eyes on the seat for 2020, speculation regarding his position will be rife should he begin the year quietly. He acknowledged as much recently: “Jack and Pecco want my bike, it’s not a secret!” Miller’s aim will be much the same: prove himself a consistent podium contender. Equipped with Ducati’s GP19, he’ll likely have the machinery to do it. “I believe if we can do a really good job next year we should be in line for a factory seat somewhere,” said the Australian last November. “Here at Ducati. If not, we’ll see where the cards fall.” Then add Bagnaia into the equation, just 0.1s off Miller’s best time in only his second MotoGP test. This has the potential to escalate.

Bagnaia, Mir to lead the battle of the rookies

Were it not for the wealth, the fame and the fact their days consist of riding the world’s fastest motorcycles, you’d almost feel sympathy for a rookie entering the MotoGP fold. Marquez raised the expectations bar considerably in 2013 by winning the title first time out. Four years on and Johann Zarco went as far as leading the first lap of the first race. So to Bagnaia, Mir, Oliveira and Quartararo: no pressure. Granted, the premier class is closer than it’s ever been. But for Bagnaia to be so competitive at his two tests to date (0.6s off Viñales at Valencia, 0.4s back at Jerez) indicates he will be challenging for top sixes before too long. Yet with contemporaries as strong as these, winning the coveted ‘Rookie of the Year’ title will be no easy thing. Not least as Joan Mir has appeared so at home on Suzuki’s ever-improving MotoGP machine from the start (he passed through Jerez’s fearsome double right T11-12 with elbow down on the first morning of November’s test). Team manager Davide Brivio expects Mir’s progress to be on a par with Alex Rins’ debut year in 2017. If, so he’ll be alongside Bagnaia on the fringes of the top six.

By Neil Morrison @neilmorrison87

Photos by CormacGP @cormacgp
    Hmm, not sure how much of this I agree with. Reading between the lines, I suspect Honda has built a very quick bike. And the Yamahas were fast in the race last year, so it might pay to see how they go on other tracks before getting too excited.

Not long to wait now!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The enemy is that close.

A woman I know was at Brno one day during her OE when a very young Valentino Rossi made his first appearance there on a 125. In recent years she has been a fan, possibly because he is a link to the days of her youth. Her youngest son though (8 or 9?) is a die hard Marquez fan.

The young man was really pissed off when his mum told him that they were having a party tonight to celebrate Rossi's 40th.
    His own birthday is imminent and he is unaware as yet that there is a cake with 93 on it waiting. I hope he doesn't read this.

Anyhoo, Happy Birthday Rossi!

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-many-memories

Thread Information