Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2019

Bike
    77 XL250
    lol , Crashalot doesn't think the 2019 bike is any good ?
    But then he ain't #93 !!! I'm waiting for his excuses .
    Crashalot will not have to make any excuses while he continues to finish in front of Lorenzo. Also: Who would give a nutter like Crutchlow his marching orders? You would probably end up finding the severed head of Nakagami in your bed.

As an aside - a good raceday considering the lead-up.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Both "factory", Morbid has some more sexy bits and revs though I think
    At the french grand prix one of the commentators said: "The Yamahas are the same except for Quatararo's. He didn't qualify the statement.

Cheers

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Crashalot will not have to make any excuses while he continues to finish in front of Lorenzo. Also: Who would give a nutter like Crutchlow his marching orders? You would probably end up finding the severed head of Nakagami in your bed.

As an aside - a good raceday considering the lead-up.
    He was only just in front of JLO at Bugatti, so he wont be for long if Jorge continues his adaption process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    At the french grand prix one of the commentators said: "The Yamahas are the same except for Quatararo's. He didn't qualify the statement.

Cheers
    Quatararo has crappier forks (they've just ordered him the pimp version the same as morb , vale etc as a reward for kicking arse and taking names) and less RPM from what I understand. The frame is the same but the kid on top of it is making all the difference.
    I remember when he came on the scene a few of us on here hailed him and the next best thing and he's showing us a few good reasons why to think that. One of the amazing facts they mentioned in the race is he's not even binned the bike once since he threw a leg over it, that tells us that he's ever very lucky, not pushing it 100% or has very good skills and finding the limit without finding the gravel...
    Can't wait to see how far this season carries him.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Slightly lower spec for Quatararo. Some stories had him on the old Lorenzo bike (Tui).

PS: I see Niki Lauder has died. Another one of the Greats gone...
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Bikes
    He was only just in front of JLO at Bugatti, so he wont be for long if Jorge continues his adaption process.
    Quatararo has crappier forks (they've just ordered him the pimp version the same as morb , vale etc as a reward for kicking arse and taking names) and less RPM from what I understand. The frame is the same but the kid on top of it is making all the difference.
    I remember when he came on the scene a few of us on here hailed him and the next best thing and he's showing us a few good reasons why to think that. One of the amazing facts they mentioned in the race is he's not even binned the bike once since he threw a leg over it, that tells us that he's ever very lucky, not pushing it 100% or has very good skills and finding the limit without finding the gravel...
    Can't wait to see how far this season carries him.
    Yeah and the curious thing is, I think, he only won one Moto2 race. (Someone will tell me if I’m wrong) After some impressive Moto 3 rides early in his career
    So kudos to the team for picking him up.
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post
    Yeah and the curious thing is, I think, he only won one Moto2 race. (Someone will tell me if I’m wrong) After some impressive Moto 3 rides early in his career
    So kudos to the team for picking him up.
    The first to win on a Speed up since the mighty MM smoked everyone on it IIRC.
    Got to be hard to be labelled the next alien and have a rule changed to let you enter the class early, far too much pressure for a kid to handle. Combine that with the riders he was up against in moto3 at the time and its not surprising he didn't dominate

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    The first to win on a Speed up since the mighty MM smoked everyone on it IIRC
    Didn't Marky Mark ride a Suter in Moto2?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post
    Didn't Marky Mark ride a Suter in Moto2?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
    Suter, got my esses wrong damn it! Right you are.
    Speed up:
    Did a quick wiki,
    Eeaahhhnone won 3 races on one
    Sam Lowes 1
    Quatararo 1

Interesting fact is ever rider to win on one ended up in motogp. So if Jorge Navaro or Fabio De jaaanantonia (the best name ever) win a gp on it I'd say they have a fair chance of being offered a ride.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Interesting comments in recent posts. I was trying to rack my brain to recall if Quateraro was the one they changed the rules for, I see we think he was.

I was always amazed that the year after Marquez won the title on a Suter there was a stampede to Kalex. Usually everybody wants the winning kit.

So much technical diversity was expected from Moto2, so little eventuated. Overnight someone asked if the appearance of carbon swing arms might lead to developments in front suspension. David Emmett replied that the riders are used to telescopic forks and the feel they provide, they would have to learn again from scratch if front swing arms or similar made an appearance. Also he considers that with some alternative forms of front suspension the front tyre might not heat up enough to work.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Interesting comments in recent posts. I was trying to rack my brain to recall if Quateraro was the one they changed the rules for, I see we think he was.

I was always amazed that the year after Marquez won the title on a Suter there was a stampede to Kalex. Usually everybody wants the winning kit.

So much technical diversity was expected from Moto2, so little eventuated. Overnight someone asked if the appearance of carbon swing arms might lead to developments in front suspension. David Emmett replied that the riders are used to telescopic forks and the feel they provide, they would have to learn again from scratch if front swing arms or similar made an appearance. Also he considers that with some alternative forms of front suspension the front tyre might not heat up enough to work.
    Kalex has a very different business model in that the gear is all the same. as long as you pay the money joe bloggs gets the same gear as joe smith.
    under the old rules there had to be so many on x so many on y brand.
    Kalex used to do a min of changes year to year, so if it was say a new frame for 16 the 15 tank etc and all the ancillaries still fitted, this appealed to the small teams.
    Kalex is an incredibly small concern about 5 people i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Kalex do bloody well for their size. I believe they help some of the big manufacturers with their chassis design so they must have some very smart cookies working for them.
    KTM fucked up with their weight distribution this year for the trumpy motor and brought a new chassis for Binder etc at Le Mans, which seemed to work better as he was much closer to the front. Considering he's possibly one of the best riders in Moto2 I hope to see him win a title before he moves to Motogp, might be on Zarco more than him to make that calp though.

It will be interesting if their customer teams get the same chassis upgrade under their business model or if they are stuck with a lemon all season

Bike
    Nowt any more

Moto3 age rule change

IIRC, they changed the min age to 15 to allow Fabio Q to enter, then changed it back to 16, then changed it again for this year, to 15 IF you are CEV Junior or Rookies Cup champion, for Jan OnJu.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    IIRC, they changed the min age to 15 to allow Fabio Q to enter, then changed it back to 16, then changed it again for this year, to 15 IF you are CEV Junior or Rookies Cup champion, for Jan OnJu.
    IIRC the age was sixteen and still is. They just added a sentence to the effect, "Unless the current CEV champion".
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Gah the wait till the next round is too long.

Bring it on one of the best races of the year!

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Gah the wait till the next round is too long.

Bring it on one of the best races of the year!

YES ! Mugello this weekend.

I missed last year as well,I hope this isn't a sign ? Great place,great racetrack.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information