Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: British Cops' New Tactic

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Don't get too smug, half of Kiwiland isn't too far behind them.
    Smug? I live in Northland, a "poor" part. Not by the beach. I do get your point - on a regular basis. Still better than inner city UK by a long way.

We have a lot of kids and their parents ripping around on dirt bikes. More like Philadelphia than Luton.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Every time I go back to the UK it feels further away from the country and people I remember. When family visit NZ they are always amazed at how pleasant and trusting people here are. Then moan about prices...
    I haven't been back to the UK since 2003 and have no desire to do so. By comparison with NZ, the people were miserable with no sense of optimism. Although I was born and educated there, I honestly felt like a stranger which is hardly surprising as we arrived in NZ in 1975. All countries have their problems but I know where I'd sooner be! Your experience with friends and family who visit NZ mirrors ours.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I lived in London for 5 years in the late 80's early 90's and loved it. . Lots of concerts, great ales, only a few hours and your in France,1 pound Sun beer runs to Dunkirk, markets, swap meets, red letter days where you get lessons around Brands Hatch then a drive in a Formula first, Honda riding school at Cadwell Park, flight in a Tiger Moth, rode my Triumph T100 around the IOM , brewery tours, Imperial War Museum, all the other museums.
    East East curries, Brick Lane, Greenwich.....list goes on.
    Of course if I had been working in a pub none of that would have happened but as an temp immigrant with some work ethic there was some really good coin to be made...loadsamoney.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I lived in London for 5 years in the late 80's early 90's and loved it. . Lots of concerts, great ales, only a few hours and your in France,1 pound Sun beer runs to Dunkirk, markets, swap meets, red letter days where you get lessons around Brands Hatch then a drive in a Formula first, Honda riding school at Cadwell Park, flight in a Tiger Moth, rode my Triumph T100 around the IOM , brewery tours, Imperial War Museum, all the other museums.
    East East curries, Brick Lane, Greenwich.....list goes on.
    Of course if I had been working in a pub none of that would have happened but as an temp immigrant with some work ethic there was some really good coin to be made...loadsamoney.
    I feel the same way about my time in London during the mid - late eighties. Had a brilliant time, worked hard, played hard.

Probably anyone doing the same thing now would feel the same way, it's an amazing city. Different story and different attitude for those raised there, the constant news and opinions on Brexit show a big change in how the people feel about the state of the UK.

That is most definitely for another thread, though. Not one I'm interested in, either.

Bit of an add on to the above.

I lived straight across the road from Broadwater Farm Estate when the riots kicked off and PC Keith Blakelock was stabbed. I seem to recall an IRA bombing campaign while I lived in London, must have been there earlier than I thought.

Tottenham turned into the Shankhill road for a month or so after the riots, armoured landrovers and armoured cars on the streets.

Perspective is a funny thing..... I'd forgotten about all that.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Probably Photoshop. Hmm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scooter Ace.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	339779  

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I feel the same way about my time in London during the mid - late eighties. Had a brilliant time, worked hard, played hard.

Probably anyone doing the same thing now would feel the same way, it's an amazing city. Different story and different attitude for those raised there, the constant news and opinions on Brexit show a big change in how the people feel about the state of the UK.

That is most definitely for another thread, though. Not one I'm interested in, either.

Bit of an add on to the above.

I lived straight across the road from Broadwater Farm Estate when the riots kicked off and PC Keith Blakelock was stabbed. I seem to recall an IRA bombing campaign while I lived in London, must have been there earlier than I thought.

Tottenham turned into the Shankhill road for a month or so after the riots, armoured landrovers and armoured cars on the streets.

Perspective is a funny thing..... I'd forgotten about all that.
    my tag might tell you some of what you need to know about my background.

I am glad to be here. I am glad I have been allowed to make NZ my home (passport and all!). I travel back to see family every couple of years, always always glad to come home again.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Pommyland has gone to hell. May be worse soon with this Euro exit. Or better. I don't give a fuck really.

I do object to the Poms turning up in Godzone because they want to get away, settle down in NZ, then a few years later start whinging about how great the fucking motherland was.

I should post in rant and rave. It's getting to the end of the year. I'm tired. Work is doing another pointless restructure - no job loss just some knob flexing their corporate muscle fixing something not broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by 240 View Post
    Fully agree mate they should just fuck off back home just like they say about the immigrants to pomland
    Fuck you two,
    we don't all sit and grizzle about..... TBH I feel the same as you two, if it was so wonderful, piss off back there
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Thread Information