Thread: British Cops' New Tactic

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Faaark!
    Good job, actually a great job.
    But brave
    Hate to think of the paperwork when a thief hits the ground too hard and ends up dead or brain damaged.
    Or worse, the cop gently nudges the thief into a pedestrian...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    "Use the brake"... Training by Tui.

About time the Feds were allowed to tackle the yoofs on mopeds scourge. Gonna be some great new crash vids popping up.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    There's a personnel restraint system using special glue and a special glue gun, developed for the military. It's kinda like Spiderman's instant web. It sprays a high tech sticky fluid that quickly envelops and immobilises the target. I guess it can later be removed using the right solvents.

Spiderman cannons on police cars ought to be able to snare mopeds, assuming they are able to get close up behind or alongside them.

Now that's a video I'd like to see!

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I had heard they had a lot of thefts and ram raids by moped riders in the UK. I didn't know it had it's own category 'moped crime'.

Serves the scum right. I've got no sympathy for anyone who steals other peoples stuff. A bullet is even cheaper.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Pommyland has gone to hell. May be worse soon with this Euro exit. Or better. I don't give a fuck really.

I do object to the Poms turning up in Godzone because they want to get away, settle down in NZ, then a few years later start whinging about how great the fucking motherland was.

I should post in rant and rave. It's getting to the end of the year. I'm tired. Work is doing another pointless restructure - no job loss just some knob flexing their corporate muscle fixing something not broken.

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Pommyland has gone to hell. May be worse soon with this Euro exit. Or better. I don't give a fuck really.

I do object to the Poms turning up in Godzone because they want to get away, settle down in NZ, then a few years later start whinging about how great the fucking motherland was.

I should post in rant and rave. It's getting to the end of the year. I'm tired. Work is doing another pointless restructure - no job loss just some knob flexing their corporate muscle fixing something not broken.
    Fully agree mate they should just fuck off back home just like they say about the immigrants to pomland

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    be a bastaed if it was the scooter that was stolen...

ring ring...hello police here..."good news mate we got your scooter back "

Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post

ring ring...hello police here..."good news mate we got your scooter back "

Or some poor bloke has been out for a Kebab and is on his way home on his own scooter.

Oh sorry gov......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

Yeah, the UK is continuing it's downward spiral. I'm the Pom in Godzone you speak of.

I don't whinge much, the motherland sucked, for me, in most ways. NZ is like paradise with herpes by comparison.

We stay home and apply ointment to the rash rather than wallow in this amazing country. Home here is amazing, the people and country outside the gate even more so.

If I want to stand up for anything, it would be to prevent NZ becoming like the UK.

True story, I live in both hemispheres.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    If I want to stand up for anything, it would be to prevent NZ becoming like the UK.

Amen to that. They do make some nice motorcycles though.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-blen View Post
    The scooters will be stolen - or hijacked. Criminals don't usually pay for their get-away vehicles. There has been a lot of coverage of moped gangs in the Brit press, and even mention by motorcycle writers. (More serious than the tabloids.) The moped gangs are a serious problem and deserve whatever they get. Fuckem.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And what is the fall-out from this?
    2 years on all 2 wheelers are fair game to ram. "That prick didn't indicate. Gettim " BASH.

Oh yeah. Um well we thought he was a criminal . That leg should, um, grow back. Ahh we'll send the ticket in the mail you seem to be a bit busy.
    Best we call your wife and kids and tell them how dangerous motorbikes are.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Footnote, I'd posted something similar but less ridiculous on a Brit Triumph site a few days ago and boy did I get lambasted. They only saw the punishment of these shites but I'd really rather not give the plod Judge Dread right to injure me trusting they could tell me from a criminal that got away from the last week or maybe 5 mins ago and they were angry with.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    So you're worried about being clipped by a chasing kop kar? Are you so unaware of your surroundings that the blues and twos wouldn't have given you the merest hint that perhaps something was going on? Why wouldn't you just stop? Like the T-pak thing, this is hardly going to be the first move.

Thread Information