Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Brutale 675 owners in here?

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie

Any Brutale 675 owners in here?

Considering one but would like to hear from any owners or someone whose had a chance to ride one.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    I owned a 2nd hand 2013 model from 5000 odd klm and put another 9k over a couple of years on it with no probs.
    They have a manic mid-range on them and get a bit flighty in the rough stuff but being a quick steering light sporty they all do that sir.
    The seat is a plank but the riding position is comfy...very motardish in fact.
    Great brakes and did I mention grunty.
    Effete journalists have mentioned low (under 4k revs)speed fueling as a bit rough but if they owned one for more than a week they'd learn better throttle control and ride her like a two stroke.

All in they are a great mid bore bike and a shitload of fun on road and track.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Thanks eelracing. How tall are you by the way?

These old knees are playing up (at 35 for fucks sake). A motard or motard style position would be ideal. My XR650R is great but kickstarting is wearing thin.

I'm looking into the Brutale 675/800, Husqvana Nuda 900 and the Hypermotards.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Check the owners boards, I did when I was considering one. Early on they had a lot of ecu problems but they should have cured that long since. There were complaints that the headlight lenses were prone to falling out and serious money to replace.

More up to date info should be available now though.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I own a 2013 F3 675 which I've owned for a little over a year now. I've held the rego on it as it's not getting used at the moment (Thanks to work commitments) but the motors are very similar.

Engine - In a word Manic. It revs and then revs some more. It's a typical 600-type machine in that the lower half of the rev range is fine for normal riding and the top half great for some 'Yee-Hah!' moments.

Chassis - The suspension is too stiff on them so unless you're on a smooth road they dance about too much. i took mine to Robert Taylor at KSS and it made a real difference. Worth the money IMHO.

Electronics - Takes a while to suss out the trip computer/mode changing but there's plenty of information there. The instruments are a bit on the small side but they offer plenty of information.

Reliability - I ended up getting the sprag clutch replaced under warranty as it played up not long after I got the bike. It's a common problem by all accounts so check for that. Other than that it appears to be fine. Make sure you let it go through its full system check before firing it up too though this isn't any different to any other mainstream fuel injected bike nowadays.

Overall - It sound fabulous even with the standard exhaust on and is great fun. Plus its different. I used TR20 (Dillon Telford) for its service at the beginning of the year and he and Jo did a good job. Well priced too. Mine's got some 26700km on it now and the motor still pulls like a little train.

Enjoy!

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Thanks guys.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Thanks eelracing. How tall are you by the way?

These old knees are playing up (at 35 for fucks sake). A motard or motard style position would be ideal. My XR650R is great but kickstarting is wearing thin.

I'm looking into the Brutale 675/800, Husqvana Nuda 900 and the Hypermotards.
    All good bikes I bet but go the 800 if can afford its the best looker.
    182cm.

Bike
    06 Triumph Speedtriple
    Blog Entries
    Ours was a POS to be honest, suffered over heating probs, stalling, and the fueling was absolute shit, but when you had it on the boil it was a grin maker, nice chassis and handling, it was the wifes bike, we would never buy another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170625_111027.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	226.8 KB 
ID:	339730  

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampy View Post
    Ours was a POS to be honest, suffered over heating probs, stalling, and the fueling was absolute shit, but when you had it on the boil it was a grin maker, nice chassis and handling, it was the wifes bike, we would never buy another.
    Appreciate the honesty.

I just took the Nuda 900R that Motorad just got in for a little test ride and oh boy what a buttery smooth bike. I'm assuming it was on the tamest rider mode but good lawd. Perfect riding position (and I mean it felt like it was built for me), gear changes were slick, perfect gear ratio and amazing brakes. I couldn't really fault it. Honestly my XR650R feels way more of a handful. You just have to be so precise on an offroad to motard converted bike.

So once I have my Excel rims, trick Braking rotor and HRC recommend power upgrades installed on the XR650R I'll most likely be putting it up for sale.

Bike
    06 Triumph Speedtriple
    Blog Entries
    Flang, have you tried a 675 Street Triple? They are fantastic, we have the RX version and it's a keeper 😊

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampy View Post
    Flang, have you tried a 675 Street Triple? They are fantastic, we have the RX version and it's a keeper 😊
    I really don't like the look of them. I'm sure they're a great bike but damn they're fugly.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I have a triumph STR 675r. Didn't love it when I bought it. Don't love it now. However, what a competent bike! It just does fast controlled riding so well. Very impressive but I doubt it will be a keeper.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Thought I'd give the squad an update. I sold the XR650R to a collector who needed the 650R to complete his collection. So I'm stoked it went to someone who's going to look after it and appreciate it. Got a call from him after it had been delivered and he was chuffed as.

So the next day I purchased this little weapon. 2011 796 Hypermotard. Got it for a great price, came with heated grips and a very cool and amazing sounding Zard exhaust. So far I'm loving it. The only niggle is that the gearing is pretty tall. A couple more teeth on the rear will smooth out the take off and make it a little more usable.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Fuuuuuuuuuck that's a good choice.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Thanks Mike. I'm still frothing for a Nuda.

Thread Information