Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Enfield Interceptor

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Does that mean stripping/reassembling worn out carbs, setting up points ignition, poor brakes and suspension?

I've got an unrestored 35 year old BMW thats up for it any time, the British and Italian stuff not so much.

I'd be keen on a ride of the RE, but if its as boring as the 900cc Triumph Thruxton would rather just ride the ol BMW.
    No. EFI ,excellent brakes,ABS, good suspension.
    I see you ride a Commando, in my early days I used to ride with two friends,brothers ,who rode a 750 and an 850. Would leave my beeza for dead,no worries. Nice bikes.

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal

Not the case

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    you'll still get that with a brand new royal enfield + the steel and welds will be poooooooooor
    No, they’ve upped their game on this. Good welds. Four years ago the Enfield owner company bought Harris Performance,the English frame company. They worked on the frame development. The development of the bike was done by Enfield UK. Don’t judge the Interceptor /Continental by the Bullet

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Kawl. Just curious have you figured out the fuel range yet? Be interesting to compare with similar specced bikes old and new.

Didn't take long for perf kits to come out, https://www.sscycle.com/feature/roya...ield-650-twins If it can take those kits without much/any bottem end work means it's over engineered down below, which is good.
    Haven’t worked that out yet,just top her up when she needs it. Will be commuting down to Kumeu once a week shortly ,will post the range then.
    Yeah aftermarket stuff is out already. Will definitely be replacing mufflers at some stage. They weigh 5.2kg each! They have the catalytic converters in them apparently. The pipes are double walled. I’m waiting for a full exhaust system to come out,hopefully with the cans lower down so I can mount my soft panniers. Apparently you don’t need to remap the ECU when you make changes, just idle it for a bit,take it for a ride and it sorts it self out. Self learning. Great

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Should be able to slip on a pair of EMGO reverse cone, Cafe or Dunstal replicas on the pipes, mounting them lower, easy enough at about $150 a pop. Had a reverse cone EMGO on my CB550/4 for well over 20 years without a sign of rusting. A mates Ducati 500 also had them. You may have to make up a small adapter depending on the current pipes dia. but any eng; shop will drum a couple up to your design quick smart.

The second pic shows the Cafe "mufflers"(matt and chrome) which are straight through but two sizes of baffle inserts are available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	550f2.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	431.6 KB 
ID:	344056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191211_191010[1].jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	800.4 KB 
ID:	344057  

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal
    Should be able to slip on a pair of EMGO reverse cone, Cafe or Dunstal replicas on the pipes easy enough at about $150 a pop. Had a reverse cone EMGO on my CB550/4 for over 20 years without a sign of rusting.

The second pic shows the Cafe "mufflers"(matt or chrome) which straight through but baffles are available.
    Cheers for that. Yeah ,getting aftermarket cans shouldn’t be a problem but I want to get different pipes first that don’t rise so much at the rear . Might end up getting some made but not for a while ,I’ll see what turns up. The 650 is selling well so there’ll be a lot turning up. Right now I just want to ride her.
    Re the fuel range, she sits on 100kph at 4000rpm. Redline is 7500. I’m at the‘ dont go over 6000‘ stage of running in.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Yeah I understand the new thing having had four over the years. I certainly do hope the Enfeild 650 twins do well. I could see one in my garage.Haven't seen any down here in the Manawatu yet. Being 60 you tend to take stock of things Got rid of a shed full of bikes two years ago.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Regular servicing vid for the 650s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aid3ltqj3aI Screw and lock nut for valve clearances as it should be, nice.

Series on an Enfeild 650 project.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9NL18HZGkc 4 part.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Apparently you don’t need to remap the ECU when you make changes, just idle it for a bit,take it for a ride and it sorts it self out. Self learning. Great
    Some (all?) Triumphs can "learn". The RE may be similar. Speed Triples respond to "the fifteen minute tune up". Start the bike without touching the throttle, run it @ idle until the fan comes on, then run it fifteen minutes more. The oxygen sensor does its thing.

If your bike has a sensor and you buy new pipes, make sure they have a sensor connection 'cause that let's the magic happen.

Enjoy.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    As pritch said don't touch the throttle. 10 minute still with engine running then a 3-5 km run to see if everything is running ok.

Enfeild 650 service manual.https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/...?topic=27178.0

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal
    Regular servicing vid for the 650s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aid3ltqj3aI Screw and lock nut for valve clearances as it should be, nice.

Series on an Enfeild 650 project.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9NL18HZGkc 4 part.
    Thanks. Have watched a lot of the 650 vids on YouTube . This guy does a good series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDvy5RazcRc. Basic stuff most older gentleman know how to do.

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal
    As pritch said don't touch the throttle. 10 minute still with engine running then a 3-5 km run to see if everything is running ok.

Enfeild 650 service manual.https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/...?topic=27178.0
    Thanks. Had the link to the service manual but have to wait till I’m hooked up to WiFi . Too big to download hotspotting through my phone. Cheers Mr Bonez
    I reckon you’re gonna buy one.

Bike
    01 Guzzi Jackal
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Some (all?) Triumphs can "learn". The RE may be similar. Speed Triples respond to "the fifteen minute tune up". Start the bike without touching the throttle, run it @ idle until the fan comes on, then run it fifteen minutes more. The oxygen sensor does its thing.

If your bike has a sensor and you buy new pipes, make sure they have a sensor connection 'cause that let's the magic happen.

Enjoy.
    Cheers Pritch. They probably use the same ECU . Bosch EFI and ABS according to a vid I saw. Will know more once I download the service manual hopefully .
    Yeah I’m aware of the sensors, they’re at the head of the pipes. This is my fourth EFI bike. Starting off old school carbie ,right back in the `tickling the Amal’s till your fingers wet’ days, I wasn’t too comfortable with my first EFI, thinking if it failed I wouldn’t be able to bodge it on the side of the road but it’s been faultless on every bike.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Thanks. Had the link to the service manual but have to wait till I’m hooked up to WiFi . Too big to download hotspotting through my phone. Cheers Mr Bonez
    I reckon you’re gonna buy one.
    LOL. Been through the whole manual already. Saw a Red Intercepter on my wee toodle today. Was tempted to turn around a follow the chap......

Bike
    Yamaha 2017

Thumbs up

It is looking really very nice....in red and block

Bike
    husaberg
    I was passed today by an Enfeild Twin sounded terrible almost like a cb360, they must have a 180 crank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information