Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Royal Enfield Interceptor

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    On a low cost bike I would expect that but on a KTM?

I guess I got spoilt by the Harley indicator system with automatic cancelling after coming out of an intersection/ when overtaking etc - and having such large indicator switches.
    I'm a first time KTM owner so I don't know whether it's been a traditional feature. I love it to bits and whilst the quality of cycle parts is pretty high, they go and put shitty OEM Maxxis tyres on the 790 which have bugger-all grip in the cooler weather. And we won't mention my warped disc rotors. It's almost as if the company accountant has a big say in the final spec without understanding functionality. Guess that applies to a lot of manufacurers.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I'm a first time KTM owner so I don't know whether it's been a traditional feature. I love it to bits and whilst the quality of cycle parts is pretty high, they go and put shitty OEM Maxxis tyres on the 790 which have bugger-all grip in the cooler weather. And we won't mention my warped disc rotors. It's almost as if the company accountant has a big say in the final spec without understanding functionality. Guess that applies to a lot of manufacurers.
    That's very true Geoff. I've had the front discs warp on a few bikes (A Moto Guzzi, Triumph and a BMW) all within the last 10 years and all this on bikes that had never been anywhere near a track and had been ridden with due consideration. It does seem to be a thing with bikes at the moment. I guess they have to curb costs somehow.

I do like the look of the RE Interceptor though. I'm also curious about the Benelli 752. It looks very Monster-ish. No bad thing IMHO.
    Last edited by Navy Boy; 12th October 2020 at 08:53. Reason: Spooling error

Bike
    So old you won't care
    I'm still getting used to indicators on mortorcycles so its not a biggie for me ;-)

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Well my RE arrived, a chrome tank version ("Glitter and Dust" is the official colour scheme.)

'er indoors got one with Orange Crush paint.

But due to recuperating from surgery I can't ride it for another fortnight or so....
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Well my RE arrived, a chrome tank version ("Glitter and Dust" is the official colour scheme.)

'er indoors got one with Orange Crush paint.

But due to recuperating from surgery I can't ride it for another fortnight or so....
    Any updates Scumdog? How is Mrs Scumdog getting on with her one?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Any updates Scumdog? How is Mrs Scumdog getting on with her one?
    We've just had first service done on the bikes, only done about 600km.

Both of us are quite taken by the bikes, certainly we're not underwhelmed - far from it in fact despite the low price and being LAMS certified
    Mrs Scummy could do with a lower seat or thicker soled shoes as she can't get her feet flat on the ground.

Only niggle so far has been an occasional reluctance to go into 6th gear - but that seems to be improving with time and from reports I've read it's not uncommon with these bike - but so also is it improving with time.

Fuel cap is also quite tight, easy to get off but a nack to put back on

Oh, and nice having a centre-stand, something that's a first for me.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    We've just had first service done on the bikes, only done about 600km.

Both of us are quite taken by the bikes, certainly we're not underwhelmed - far from it in fact despite the low price and being LAMS certified
    Mrs Scummy could do with a lower seat or thicker soled shoes as she can't get her feet flat on the ground.

Only niggle so far has been an occasional reluctance to go into 6th gear - but that seems to be improving with time and from reports I've read it's not uncommon with these bike - but so also is it improving with time.

Fuel cap is also quite tight, easy to get off but a nack to put back on

Oh, and nice having a centre-stand, something that's a first for me.
    Centre stands are handy alright. I personnally wouldn't own a m/c without one. But then I like to do as much maintenance as I can myself.

Nice to hear you both quite like the RE 650 twins. They are deffinately the top of my list if Darky(my CB550F) ever became unrepairable. They just seem to be of the right propertion and have enough oomph for my style of riding.

I look foward to future updates.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Centre stands are handy alright. I personnally wouldn't own a m/c without one. But then I like to do as much maintenance as I can myself.
    Which probably is the reason why your bikes need them.
    Personally, I prefer the ground clearance without them, and have a race style stand for maintenance.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Which probably is the reason why your bikes need them.
    Personally, I prefer the ground clearance without them, and have a race style stand for maintenance.
    Can you carry that with you on a looooong ride and when you get a flatty carry out a repair on it or do you need a support vehical? Or wait a zillion hours for AA to turn up?

Oh and I bet your m/cs wont wont be able to limp 130kms home at 40-60kmph without the tyre rolling off the rim.

Just saying sweeetypie...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Can you carry that with you on a looooong ride and when you get a flatty carry out a reoair on it or do you need a support vehical? Or wait a zillion hours for AA to turn up?

Just saying sweeetypie...
    I just carry those tyre gummy things, they have served me well in the past. Ive never needed the AA.
    I prefer to have all options available when encountering unexpected road debris. Extra ground clearance gives more options to react. Personal choice and all that, thats just how I roll.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    This thread is not about you numbnuts so please try to stay on topic will you.

I quite interested in what Mr and Mrs Skumdog thing of their RE 650. Not your demented rambles.

Just saying....

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Why so angry? Center stands came up as part of the discussion, you even asked me a question about them. Just chill bro, this is kiwibiker, not boner rider.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    See my previous post numbnuts.

You have been listening to those angry little voices in your head. So please stop your self deflections it's making you look silly and certainly hypercritical.

I'm not angry at all just wish to hear what Mr and Mrs Scumdog have to say about RE 659 twins that's all. Why is that hard for you to comprehend?

Oh and getting more gardening done in between your ramblings.

Just saying.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Apparently my post is obsructing scumdogs ones from being read, sorry about that.
    Im in the market for a new bike. Looked at both the royal enfield intercepter and himalayan. Liked them both but then spied a KTM 390 adventure. Really like the look of that, so will test ride all 3 before deciding.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Apparently my post is obsructing scumdogs ones from being read, sorry about that.
    Im in the market for a new bike. Looked at both the royal enfield intercepter and himalayan. Liked them both but then spied a KTM 390 adventure. Really like the look of that, so will test ride all 3 before deciding.
    My guess is the KTM will be better than the Himalayan for your 'adventure rides'.

Thread Information