Thread: New bloke on the thing

Bike
    Honda vt250 spada

New bloke on the thing

After the x amount of years I’ve spent dreaming, here we are.
    I learned to correct bike on an old GB500, many thanks to my stepdad.
    An almost as old Honda VT250 popped up for sale, so I dived on it.
    It is almost as old as me (it is a ‘92) so in bike years it’s quite old, and has high mileage at 85kms.

It’s been a fun trip sizing gear and collecting it all - most of the stuff was used (or free), though I wouldn’t wear crap given we Homo sapiens don’t take kindly to being dragged along hard surfaces for extended periods.
    I found myself a (new) Bell helmet with Tran...s... self dimming visor - fits great.

So far I’m enjoying taking the thing to work every day, for a whole 6kms in dire east auckhole traffic. Only been completely ignored once or twice despite my best hi vis efforts, but this is all par for the course.

Still not through me first tank mind, only had the little guy for ... 3 days? Loads cheaper to run than the car and infinitely more fun.

I like learning, particularly how to look after my stuff, so may exchange guitar knowledge for bike knowledge later on, should anyone be so inclined.

Riding safe and enjoying every minute of it.

Also dogs are cool so pat your dog

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Shortly after passing my test then choosing and buying a proper bike, I was infected with The Grin.

Decades later, I still haven't shaken it off.

I've tried all the obvious cures - bigger bikes, smaller bikes, even a Harley (close one that - almost lost the grin). Been riding through rain, snow, ice, howling gales. Went cold turkey for More Than A Year - nope.

Hello, my name's GazzaH and I'm a biker [grin]

Welcome to the club.

Bike
    Honda vt250 spada
    Filled it today. $2.36 for 98.

It cost almost $22. Awesome.

Took it over the harbour bridge and around the shore a bit just to see what the bridge was like. Ugh, so good. Loving bike life.

Thread Information