Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting comment by junior copper

Bike
    GSF1200S K6 Bandit

Interesting comment by junior copper

I was listening to the police channel in the cage on the way home, and was interested in some comments made by a a junior copper.

He asked if any units ahead of him could keep an eye out for a bike, he said that whilst he didn't see the bike do anything illegal he lost sight of him so he must be lane splitting.

When asked for a description he gave a partial reg., and then said that it was a late model bike, when pressed for further details he said it was a late model, you know "like the type that doesn't stop for us". "The ones with the LED's on the tail light".

Then another copper piped up with words to the effect of "Gotta be careful with the reg. these guys can use devices to flip over the numbers".

I don't have any issues with the Police, and for the most I reckon they do an excellent job, but these comments surprised me a little.

Glad I don't have LED's, maybe this makes me a less of a target?
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Lol, I admire your sense of humour mate, good to see a few of us don't mind a bit of stirring

Bike
    Honda PC800
    hey dude--i diddnt realise you lived so close --shit--hope it wasnt me
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Gixxer
    come on people! WHO WAS IT????

Giving us good bikers a bad name!
    Motorcycing is not a hobby, It is a way of life!

Missed forever! NEVER FORGOTTEN!!
    LIVE ON MY FRIENDS!

Friends dont let friends ride Hyosungs

Bike
    GSF1200S K6 Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    hey dude--i diddnt realise you lived so close --shit--hope it wasnt me
    Heya Frosty, I doubt it was you mate, unless your zimmerframe has LED's on its ass
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Lol, I admire your sense of humour mate, good to see a few of us don't mind a bit of stirring

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Oh FFS...

Has anyone ever seen a device for flipping over the plates... (what, 1 per million bikes?) Maybe these guys watch too many movies? No.. Hang on, aint seen any there either?

Perhaps this guy should be patrolling the sewers for white alligators...

Bike
    2001 Bandit 1200S, 1996 Triumph T/Bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    Oh FFS...

Has anyone ever seen a device for flipping over the plates... (what, 1 per million bikes?) Maybe these guys watch too many movies? No.. Hang on, aint seen any there either?

Perhaps this guy should be patrolling the sewers for white alligators...
    There was a thread just a few weeks ago on KB just about this exact thing...someone reckoned they could make one even! Unsure about the led lights tho...probably thought he was on to WINJA

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    i did some splitting at the lights on the way home tonight, across the intersection at the red light was a copper(s) in a ute, on the green i took off normal fast and had a squizz in the lux and he was looking straight back at me on the radio

pull on to the motorway at fanshaw and one of the HP utes pulls out a bit infront of me from his possie on the side of the road, so no splitting foe me on the way home stuck about 500m off his tail and gave him/she no excuse

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by NAK1D
    Heya Frosty, I doubt it was you mate, unless your zimmerframe has LED's on its ass
    well as a matter of fact..........
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    There was a Suzuki across on tardme some time ago with a revolving number plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    i did some splitting at the lights on the way home tonight, across the intersection at the red light was a copper(s) in a ute, on the green i took off normal fast and had a squizz in the lux and he was looking straight back at me on the radio

pull on to the motorway at fanshaw and one of the HP utes pulls out a bit infront of me from his possie on the side of the road, so no splitting foe me on the way home stuck about 500m off his tail and gave him/she no excuse
    The Utes are motorway support - very limited powers, which don't include tickets for lane splitting.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    Hondaaar me hearties
    I was under the impression lane splitting was legal - you are passing on the right effectively. I know passing on the left isn't koshier (like what scooters in particular seem to do in 50 zones) but I heard it was ok if the traffic is stopped.
    Otherwise is it legal for cagers to share lanes with scooters when overtaking?

I also saw an ad on trademe a year or two ago, for a bike that apparently had something that flipped the number plate up. (I seem to recall the guy mentioned that you pulled on a handle which presumably had a piece of string or wire going to the hinged numberplate).

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer
    I also saw an ad on trademe a year or two ago, for a bike that apparently had something that flipped the number plate up. (I seem to recall the guy mentioned that you pulled on a handle which presumably had a piece of string or wire going to the hinged numberplate).
    I rode with two guys in Tauranga that had made up those - they used a choke cable or summat.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer
    I was under the impression lane splitting was legal - you are passing on the right effectively. I know passing on the left isn't koshier (like what scooters in particular seem to do in 50 zones) but I heard it was ok if the traffic is stopped.
    Otherwise is it legal for cagers to share lanes with scooters when overtaking?

There have been quite a few debates on the legality of lane splitting. To the common sense its ok because you are passing on the right, same as you would when overtaking on the main road.

Its a very grey area with lots of points, but I still think (I could be wrong) that it is illegal.
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    There have been quite a few debates on the legality of lane splitting. To the common sense its ok because you are passing on the right, same as you would when overtaking on the main road.

Its a very grey area with lots of points, but I still think (I could be wrong) that it is illegal.
    After all the threads about splitting, you still think it's a grey area. It has been well discussed & cop-inputted. It is legal under certain circumstances. It is considered as overtaking but must be within the same lane & to the right of the vehicle being overtaken, with a speed differential of under 20kph. IIRC of course.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS
    After all the threads about splitting, you still think it's a grey area. It has been well discussed & cop-inputted. It is legal under certain circumstances. It is considered as overtaking but must be within the same lane & to the right of the vehicle being overtaken, with a speed differential of under 20kph. IIRC of course.
    Its a grey area for me just because of all the varied opinions
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Thread Information