Thread: Looking for my grandfather's Harley Davidson.

Bike
    Niftyfifty

Looking for my grandfather's Harley Davidson.

I know this is a long shot but has anyone got what I think is a 1928 Harley Davidson twin in there collection? he owned it in wellington and judging by the front number plate would be sometime in the 60s the rego # number seems to be 9999, I understand the tank got a bit burnt one night when his mate was checking how much petrol was in the tank with a match and one time his scarf got would up in the back wheel and stopped the bike. I saw in that guys book one was dug up from under a concrete garden path in upper hut, Must of been the kind of bike you just dumped when it broke down.

Photos to come in a sec

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    This forum is very hard to upload photos to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	339845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	339846  

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    There are a couple of 20's Harleys in the Auckland VCC Motorcycle Section and probably scattered around the country.
    Suggest you put an add in the Beaded Wheels.
    http://vcc.org.nz/
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    I know this is a long shot but has anyone got what I think is a 1928 Harley Davidson twin in there collection? he owned it in wellington and judging by the front number plate would be sometime in the 60s the rego # number seems to be 9999, I understand the tank got a bit burnt one night when his mate was checking how much petrol was in the tank with a match and one time his scarf got would up in the back wheel and stopped the bike. I saw in that guys book one was dug up from under a concrete garden path in upper hut, Must of been the kind of bike you just dumped when it broke down.

Photos to come in a sec
    the number plates changed most years as they didn't have stickers in those days, when i've got time i'll list the years with black numbers, there's not many and the latest is 46-51 which was a five year period (41 - 46 was the only other time when they went more than a year.)

Thread Information