Thread: Burgman filtering in Italy. Nutter.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

Burgman filtering in Italy. Nutter.

Strangely compelling POV of a Burgman rider in a rush.

Do not do this at home... Not near me, anyway.

Manopausal.

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Sheesh! Even to the Policia....what an urban legend nubag..

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I admire his bravery, but wonder about his sanity.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Certainly very confident..

I've been told that you can survive riding and driving like that in Italy and Sicily for the same reasons as you can survive in India, Thailand etc. If everyone is just doing their own thing, it apparently works.. I don't know, I suspect their crash and fatality stats would also be pretty full on
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Looks like ghostrider swapped his Gixxer for a scooter

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Crikey. Burgman 650.

Manopausal.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I watched it all waiting (and wishing) for his crash. Alas the gods were looking upon him.

Apparently tooting excuses your bad road manners.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    12 minutes of Wrong!! and yet I couldn't look away. Strangely compelling. Yeah. Something about the sheer sustained insanity of it all.

Kids. This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs, this is what happens to your brain when you get a scooter and try to compensate for the fact that it's a scooter.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I watched it all waiting (and wishing) for his crash. Alas the gods were looking upon him.

Apparently tooting excuses your bad road manners.
    Once he got rolling I was anticipating a sudden and spectacular finale. I think the vid was from 2015, maybe it was on his next commute.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS

Not a Nutter - just normal

I was lucky enough to spend a couple of weeks riding in Italy earlier this year. Scooters are EXPECTED to split everywhere in the city and so they all do. In all of the km that I did over there crashes of any sort were rare. Three of us commuted across surface streets in Florence in rush hour - a Harley 109 with all the stuff on it, a BMW R1200RT and me on the 800cc BMW F650. Completely manic and one of the highlights of my trip away. The locals on two wheels gave us space and never split between us and we took care not to block their passage when the gaps weren't big enough for the Harley. Every traffic light was the start of a new bucket race. And two wheeled vehicles are expected to be at the front of the queue at every set of traffic lights.

And then there was the local on his 650 scooter cruising up the 110kph speed limited freeway at 150kph, shorts, shirt and helmet. But he knew exactly where all the speed camera's were so the three of us simply tucked in behind him.

I think that I'm a reasonable road rider - riding in Italy is a real pleasure because the abilities of the riders [and the car drivers] is so far above ours that I get to appreciate skills from the other riders that I never get to see here in NZ.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Certainly very confident..

I've been told that you can survive riding and driving like that in Italy and Sicily for the same reasons as you can survive in India, Thailand etc. If everyone is just doing their own thing, it apparently works.. I don't know, I suspect their crash and fatality stats would also be pretty full on
    Not as bad as NZ. 6.1 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants per year in Italy, vs. 8.5 in New Zealand.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Holy crapolla that was off the scale of madness. Even compared to the other scooters this dude was flying. The tunnel was edge of seat stuff waiting for karma to step in.
    At first the tooting appears rude to us kiwis but it seems to be the opposite. He toots out of politeness to let the cars or scooters He's about to split/underpass know he's coming through and they seem to cooperate.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Yeah MD, Italians love using their horns,seems to work and make sense in the areas I have been.
    Just a reasonable traffic warning.
    Barrp your horn in NZ and you stand a good chance of road rage punchups startin !!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Yeah MD, Italians love using their horns,seems to work and make sense in the areas I have been.
    Just a reasonable traffic warning.
    Barrp your horn in NZ and you stand a good chance of road rage punchups startin !!!
    Even a polite and considerate courtesy flash to let someone into the traffic flow often ends up in a biblical spit.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information