Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yamaha Niken

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Suprisingly for non-adjustable suspension (discounting preload), it's really good and seems to cater for a wide range of rider weights according to feedback from the KTM forums. The front and rear units are both White Power with progressive springs. Some owners have upgraded but most seem pretty happy despite the limited adjustability. I'm 72 kg in my socks and it's fine for me. The bike's light weight and fairly aggressive geometry might well contribute to good handling too.

No, I didn't consider the MT 09 , partially because it didn't have the emotional appeal of the KTM but also because most owners acknowledge that they have to splash out on suspension upgrades fairly quickly. The MT10SP is a different kettle of fish, but so is the price

EDIT: Fitted Bridgestone T31's today as the OEM Maxxis pure sport tyres started to show grip limitations in cold, damp weather.
    Looking forward to your feed back on the new rubber. That was almost a pun..

Put a T31 rear on my TDM but only managed to scrub off the wispy bits before I broke my arm so I can only comment on right hand bends.

A 300 Tricity would be fun, a 300 Tricity twin?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Put a T31 rear on my TDM but only managed to scrub off the wispy bits before I broke my arm so I can only comment on right hand bends.
    And would that comment be that they're shit on right handers?

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Suprisingly for non-adjustable suspension (discounting preload), it's really good and seems to cater for a wide range of rider weights according to feedback from the KTM forums. The front and rear units are both White Power with progressive springs. Some owners have upgraded but most seem pretty happy despite the limited adjustability. I'm 72 kg in my socks and it's fine for me. The bike's light weight and fairly aggressive geometry might well contribute to good handling too.

No, I didn't consider the MT 09 , partially because it didn't have the emotional appeal of the KTM but also because most owners acknowledge that they have to splash out on suspension upgrades fairly quickly. The MT10SP is a different kettle of fish, but so is the price

EDIT: Fitted Bridgestone T31's today as the OEM Maxxis pure sport tyres started to show grip limitations in cold, damp weather.
    Thanks. The suspension felt good when given a bounce test in the showroom.

I just need to find a way to fund it - there must be something I can sell that the wife won't notice!

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Looking forward to your feed back on the new rubber. That was almost a pun..

A 300 Tricity would be fun, a 300 Tricity twin?
    Sorry to disappoint you George. Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valves.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffyd View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you George. Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valves.
    Lol, I didn't think it would be "hot".

Would be a hoot of a commuter with the MT03 motor.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Are they catching up?
    One would hope so...
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Thread Information