Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cliffhanger Hill Climb (road)

Bike
    tedium

2019 Cliffhanger Hill Climb (road)

23 & 24th March Cliffhanger Road Hill Climb

All motorcycles and sidecars welcome. Free spectating and camping.
    Competitors: Saturday $100, Sunday $125 or $175 both days (entries after 1st Feb are priced higher)

More details here:-
    https://cliffhanger.org.nz/wp/2018/1...nd-24th-march/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    motocompo
    you will need to do better than this to break the record.
    Good luck with that
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KubGVzd64rg

Bike
    XR650R
    wow that looks like fun !, I've never seen this advertised before
    so what's the guff, do you have to be a licensed racer to compete ?, any stipulations about safety gear etc ?
    I'm really looking forward to this event , sure would be nice to give it a go versus just watching others have all the fun !

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary-Kiwi View Post
    wow that looks like fun !, I've never seen this advertised before
    so what's the guff, do you have to be a licensed racer to compete ?, any stipulations about safety gear etc ?
    I'm really looking forward to this event , sure would be nice to give it a go versus just watching others have all the fun !
    did you try clicking on the link on the post?

Bike
    XR650R
    cheers, I have now, but it means I'd have to get hold of some leathers to enter, still interests me, il have keep my eye out for some second hand ones, I'm 5 ft 61/2" and a little tubby if anyone's got some for sale ?

Bike
    Indian Scout
    cheers, I have now, but it means I'd have to get hold of some leathers to enter, still interests me, il have keep my eye out for some second hand ones, I'm 5 ft 61/2" and a little tubby if anyone's got some for sale ?
    Just a cautionary warning this is not an event for the faint hearted or inexperienced rider. The road is dangerous and sadly has ended in death. Two or three racers have died.
    Don't get me wrong It's a lot of fun and a great way to challenge yourself trying to improve each run. If you haven't done track days before then maybe this is not the best road to try race pace on.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    My parents live on that road, so I've been up and down there hundreds of times. It's definitely not a road where I'd want to come off. In some locations, it'd be a very long tumble down the hill if the fence didn't stop you first.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bike
    XR650R
    Hi, thanks for the heads up, it will be a challenge, and I may be older but I'm still abit bold on a bike, I'm not as Looney as I was when younger, but still ride faster than most.
    not sure if my own personal record will be broken , plimmerton wellington -- opotiki 3 3/4hrs on a early cbr600
    it took four tanks of gas to get there -625km.
    these days I. mostly ride backroads to keep away from mobile tax collectors , I have my bikes suspension setup for rough roads, still get some hairy moments on the odd bit of loose gravel on tarseal corners, plus you never know what's around the corner , could be cows , tractors etc.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    My parents live on that road, so I've been up and down there hundreds of times. It's definitely not a road where I'd want to come off. In some locations, it'd be a very long tumble down the hill if the fence didn't stop you first.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Only one corner on the whole road with any danger of going down a bank, and they have safety fences to catch ya. It's the slowest corner on the course, so not a major threat.

You either don't know the road as well as you think, or you take some very special lines.

Bike
    suzuki
    not sure if my own personal record will be broken , plimmerton wellington -- opotiki 3 3/4hrs on a early cbr600
    it took four tanks of gas to get there -625km.
    that's 166.66 km'h average without allowing for fuel or piss stops, it's been broken many a time but few will admit to ever actually stopping in Opotiki, you know they had a beauty contest there once, nobody won....
    who tuned your Hondas, they must be as cool as you?
    BTW is this you? https://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm...14&ref=twitter

Bike
    XR650R
    that time didn't include the fuel stops, it took 4 hrs and 10mins including the fuel stops, took a concentrated effort to get it under 4hrs, basicly didn't slow down except thru town , which I still went as fast as I thought safe !
    ět was 1988 when I did this , 20yr old, no concept of the horrible injuries I could have sustained had I not been killed outright, plus the traffic was a lot lighter then, it was during that period I started getting called tempry kiwi.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Only one corner on the whole road with any danger of going down a bank, and they have safety fences to catch ya. It's the slowest corner on the course, so not a major threat.

You either don't know the road as well as you think, or you take some very special lines.
    Probably more to do with me being a fairly risk averse road rider that has no experience or place commenting on a racing thread.

Please ignore my previous post. Whilst trying to be helpful, with hindsight, I can see that's not the case.

Sent from my A1-840FHD using Tapatalk

Bike
    suzuki
    that time didn't include the fuel stops, it took 4 hrs and 10mins including the fuel stops, took a concentrated effort to get it under 4hrs, basicly didn't slow down except thru town , which I still went as fast as I thought safe !
    ět was 1988 when I did this , 20yr old, no concept of the horrible injuries I could have sustained had I not been killed outright, plus the traffic was a lot lighter then, it was during that period I started getting called tempry kiwi.
    you are my new all time hero, i bet you nads are the size of portaloos riding as mean and as cool as that.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    1988 would make it a shit box CBR600, being held at 200kph for extended periods.

I strongly doubt they were capable of doing that without doing a Chernobyl impression. So I'm calling bullshit.

Bike
    XR650R
    yes the little mtr rarely saw sub 8k rpm while I had it, I managed to hit the rev limiter in top gear (245k) downhill run over desert rd , it's usual top speed indicated was 235kph.
    don't really give a shit if someone doesn't believe me, I know what I did , but I don't ride like that now, the anti joy patrol are too serious about there little rules, and I don't heal as good as I did then

Thread Information