Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Riding into old age

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    The 2019-model 900cc models appear to be getting more Bhp. I know that's the case with the Street Twin (Up to 64Bhp from the original 54) however it appears to have been achieved mainly by increasing the rev range as the redline has been raised and peak torque is made higher up the rev range too.
    I've posted this before but it seems to be time for a repost. These guys went to some trouble to find out why the 900 was so umm breathless. They found the answer and a cure. It's quite possible that this video clip has resulted in a change to Triumph factory policy.

The increase in power shouldn't alter the characteristics much at all except for the power increase because the engine was artificially crippled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRk6...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    I had an ex Police ST1100 when in Queensland and loved it, being primarilly designed for European touring (thats why they were called the PanEuropean) she was perfect for the QLD conditions - fairly straight roads, long radius corners and 300 to 400 km between towns. Just one thing worried me, I'm 5' 8" in old language and am restricted in my inside leg measurement so I found the ST1100 seat slightly high for me. But probably nothing a trip to MacDonald in Tauranga wouldn't fix. If you run them a bit higher than recommended on tire pressure and change the oil regularly then they give great service, like the Wing the engines are good for well more than 200,000 km. The ST1100 (and I must presume the ST1300) handle spectacularly, the V4 engine and low fuel tank give a low CofG, and at speeds not too far above the legal limit you get 500 + km out of a tank. And there are always ST1300s around in the bike shops and they're pretty reasonably priced too.

And easily detached panniers too, sometimes I'd ride without the panniers on and she was more a sports bike than a tourer. One guy on the ST forum used to ride his ST1100 to work, take the pannier off and use that as his business briefcase. The STs have a lot of positive features, shaft drive, gauges up on the bars, great fairings, large fuel tank, great brakes.
    There are two songs, "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" which I think give an indication of expected traffic flow

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    You go you young thing, old Steve!
    Good for you me ol mate, been a while, ride on.
    Happy New Year folks.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Got my eye on this.... Dunno if it really tells us very much.

Manopausal.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Got my eye on this.... Dunno if it really tells us very much.
    There's a few of those vids and they all seem to work out pretty even and a matter of personal choice. I'm leaning towards the Duke as it has "lunatic mode" as well . The 765 is the "safe" option as I know more or less what to expect having owned the 675. We'll see which has the biggest emotional appeal when I test ride them.

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    I,m fast approaching 65 and decided I had to ride again , (had bikes only from yr 15 to 23 then a few more later , but none in last 20 yrs).What attracted me was a Royal enfield continental . Not fast , looks the part and allways wanted a british single thumper (and price new was not over the top. As I started looking for one all these other bikes appeared on trademe, always had a soft spot for Ducatis ans surprised some seemed affordable. Narrowed it down to an 848 , red, nice shape , good reviews. Getting on the bike after such along time reservations emerged , could I remember how to ride , would I stall it on first takeoff or worse still fall over. No problems everything just fell back into place, couldn't be happier . other than spending more than for the Enfield Which would have been red too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royal-enfield-continental-gt-motorcycles-500x500.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	340173  

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Found it!

You need a V4.

Manopausal.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Found it!

You need a V4.

av speed 207.58km/h
    That's pretty impressive itas almost impossible for a girl to get a Transit diesel van under 10 minutes.

Av speed 153.63

Fastest lap 2018
    1. Lamborghini Aventador SVJ - 6:44.97s

Fastest bike
    I smell a rat hes hoofing it compared to the pensioner who claims to only be 20 secs slower over 26km's even allowing for the lower camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information