Thread: Goldwing tyres

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing

Goldwing tyres

I am interested to know what other Goldwing riders are using, I have currently got bridgestone on the rear and have barely got 9000km out of it.
    I am thinking next tyre I will either try the Dunlop or the metzler.
    would be interested to know what other people are using and thoughts on them.

not interested in cheap and nasty because I do use most of the tyre and I do ride in the rain and snow.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    I am interested to know what other Goldwing riders are using, I have currently got bridgestone on the rear and have barely got 9000km out of it.
    I am thinking next tyre I will either try the Dunlop or the metzler.
    would be interested to know what other people are using and thoughts on them.

not interested in cheap and nasty because I do use most of the tyre and I do ride in the rain and snow.
    I've heard of Ducati riders getting 1500 km's out a set ... I get about 9000 km's on the FJ. The front one a little more.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I've heard of Ducati riders getting 1500 km's out a set ... I get about 9000 km's on the FJ. The front one a little more.
    i have had sport tyres on the zzr and only achieved 2000km out of them as well and normally get 10000km out of a rear on the zzr but the question i am asking is, do other Goldwing owners get better km out of different brand tyres,
    no comparison to the zzr and definitely no comparison to your FJ

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Darkside that bad boy!

No don't.

Be interested to see what people say and get out of a tyre for the big wings.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I have currently got bridgestone on the rear and have barely got 9000km out of it.
    What type?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    What type?
    the bridgestone G702, recommended tyre for the gl1500

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... no comparison to the zzr and definitely no comparison to your FJ
    Maybe ... depends on the roads you are riding and HOW you're riding I guess. Motorway type roads or straight(ish) roads will chew out the center of the tread pretty dam quickly. But heavy bikes and/or fast acceleration does not help extend tire life.

Variation in tire life is most definitely not make and model dependent.

Some bikes (FJ's and Goldwing's included) are limited to a small number of tire size (and types) and manufacturers that will fit on and work.

Bike
    Maybe ... depends on the roads you are riding and HOW you're riding I guess. Motorway type roads or straight(ish) roads will chew out the center of the tread pretty dam quickly. But heavy bikes and/or fast acceleration does not help extend tire life.

Variation in tire life is most definitely not make and model dependent.

Some bikes (FJ's and Goldwing's included) are limited to a small number of tire size (and types) and manufacturers that will fit on and work.
    your comments are no help whatso ever, you have a real knack of stating the obvious.

given that I own a Goldwing would you not think that I already know that tire choice is limited, and as for wear on tires, I have been riding bikes for a lot of years and am well aware what things factor in to tire life,
    now that we have established that, although I will never be as knowledgeable as you, I have gained some knowledge over the last 30yrs of riding, how bout you tootle along and annoy some one else's post so that other Goldwing riders may pop in and give their views.

I am not actually interested in the tire life of a FJ or CBR or ZRX or ZXR or Big Beemer which is why I asked the question being Model specific

so back to my original question,
    do other Goldwing riders get better life out of different brands of tires

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    your comments are no help whatso ever, you have a real knack of stating the obvious.
    I'm good like that ...

What ... only 30 years of riding ... come back to me when you get some actual time riding experience ... I'm over 45 years (legal) of riding ...

9000 km's from a rear tire is about average for most heavy bikes. If you dragged a trailer with it ... I'd expect less.

But ... there doesn't seem to be a mad rush of leadwing owners coming forward in reply. Funny that ... (find a leadwing website and join)

But ... maybe ... you might like to contact a Honda dealer (that's still in business ) ... and ask them what sort of distance should be average.

If you get less than their average ... look at your own riding style. Or ... it won't/can't it be your fault ...

Bike
    I'm good like that ...

What ... only 30 years of riding ... come back to me when you get some actual time riding experience ... I'm over 45 years (legal) of riding ...

9000 km's from a rear tire is about average for most heavy bikes. If you dragged a trailer with it ... I'd expect less.

But ... there doesn't seem to be a mad rush of leadwing owners coming forward in reply. Funny that ... (find a leadwing website and join)

But ... maybe ... you might like to contact a Honda dealer (that's still in business ) ... and ask them what sort of distance should be average.

If you get less than their average ... look at your own riding style. Or ... it won't/can't it be your fault ...
    your constant trolling of others posts without actually giving constructive comments does not help the site attract and keep new members.

I already stated that I was not interested in your opinions unless you own a Goldwing and can give me feedback on the brands of tyres which you don't so kindly fuck off and get your need for validation filled elsewhere.

I asked quite a simple question really and if other Goldwing owners or those that do actually have real feed back about don't answer than that is fine,

your constant trolling of posts that people ask honest questions in does not help the site attract and keep new members and just shows up your small mans syndrome, now as I have said, just tootle off and go play somewhere else

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Dear FJ
    your intentional misrepresentations of Goldwings as "Leadwings" shows a profound lack of product knowledge.

Everybody knows that gold is heavier than lead

High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Dear FJ
    your intentional misrepresentations of Goldwings as "Leadwings" shows a profound lack of product knowledge.

Everybody knows that gold is heavier than lead

But lead is common as shit and priced accordingly ...

Thread Information