Thread: Chain and sprockets: Honda Spada vt250

Bike
    Honda vt250 spada

Chain and sprockets: Honda Spada vt250

Hi all

Ordered mesel a chain and sprocket set for my old spada. The ones on there are serviceable, but replacing them for peace of mind.

The kit is on its way (along with a radiator and some other preventative shit).
    What I would really appreciate is someone to stand over me while I’m working on it, and ideally bring a chain breaker cuz I don’t have one

Can anyone help?
    East auckland, have paddock stand and tools, though I will need to give the chainal area a damn good clean cuz the last guy lubed the chain after every ride - it’s covered in accumulated shit.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Get yourself a workshop manual and follow the instructions. First photocopy the required pages to stop greasy hands ruining your manual. Step by step. Breathe deeply and be sure you understand what you need to do. Have the required tools available. Expect to take longer than stated. Look at the photo's to confirm you have the right model/part in the photo's that you are working on.

You can do it.

Hint ... keep alcohol consumption to a minimum while working on your bike ... things can go downhill rapidly ...

I once did an engine top-end rebuild/overhaul on a '79 GS1000s using this method. The day I finished ... 20 minutes after the fuel tank was fitted I rode it to Nelson (from Alexandra). (I made it with no issues)

Read the bits you need to know/do a few times ... so it is clear in your head..

WARNING ... be careful where you put ANY de-greasing compounds. It DOES get in(to vital bearings). Wipe down rather than hose down.

Check for bearing wear on parts you remove. Better then than after (the accident).

Relax and enjoy the work. Then will come the "Project Bike" ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Honda vt250 spada
    I’m not 100% inept - I’ve watched the bloke at my work disassemble the rear end of a vtr1000; just the whole “not wanting to fuck up the new bits” thing is a bit... intrusive
    More likely than not I’ll post updorts when the bits arrive.

Thread Information