Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Xr200re

  1. #16
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,384
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Jezuz man! Have you forgotten how to spell?
    Wot shu talking bout Willis?
    ..................

  2. #17
    Join Date
    13th April 2007 - 18:26
    Bike
    95 triumph daytona;06 scrambler
    Location
    Not in town. Wooot!
    Posts
    4,099
    Blog Entries
    1
    For engine parts and gaskets etc its hard to go past Malcohlm at Econo Honda in Te Aroha.
    Genuine new bits %95 of the time or quality after market for the others. Check his website. MHO

  3. #18
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street Triple R/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    16,702
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Wot shu talking bout Willis?
    Colour is spelt with a U. Don't let them brainwash you with simplified spelling. It may seem logical but the English didn't conquer an Empire by being logical.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    19th August 2003 - 15:32
    Bike
    RD350 KTM1190Adv, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Location
    Over there somewhere...
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The 200's were okay not as much trouble as the 250 re and RF's.
    My Xr200RE was a grenade that used to find new and interesting ways of breaking on a regular basis, culminating in cracking a crankcase in an national enduro.
    I think I pushed that POS further than I rode it.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,642
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    But he would have tools, skills and knowledge.
    Clymers were always better, nice color pictures and better written instructions.
    I always found Clymers a little Gai

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    My Xr200RE was a grenade that used to find new and interesting ways of breaking on a regular basis, culminating in cracking a crankcase in an national enduro.
    I think I pushed that POS further than I rode it.
    Interesting what the heck cracked the cases loose mounts?



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  6. #21
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,384
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Colour is spelt with a U. Don't let them brainwash you with simplified spelling. It may seem logical but the English didn't conquer an Empire by being logical.
    Go suck a tire...
    ..................

  7. #22
    Join Date
    19th August 2003 - 15:32
    Bike
    RD350 KTM1190Adv, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Location
    Over there somewhere...
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post


    Interesting what the heck cracked the cases loose mounts?
    Chain came off.
    If memory serves, the sprocket guard/cover is shaped so that it gathers the chain under the countershaft sprocket.
    Under the sprocket is a stupidly placed bolt head, so the chain gathers and jams between this and the guard - and then whooska! - cracked cases!.
    It was a paragon of design, was the RE.
    Let's see now - the head was replaced coz the the valve guides were at the wrong angle or leaked or summat.
    The airbox leaked.
    The twin carb setup was problematic (the hot wheeze was to swap the main jets).
    There were other problems, but years of therapy have allowed me to block out this horror show...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Chain came off.
    If memory serves, the sprocket guard/cover is shaped so that it gathers the chain under the countershaft sprocket.
    Under the sprocket is a stupidly placed bolt head, so the chain gathers and jams between this and the guard - and then whooska! - cracked cases!.
    It was a paragon of design, was the RE.
    Let's see now - the head was replaced coz the the valve guides were at the wrong angle or leaked or summat.
    The airbox leaked.
    The twin carb setup was problematic (the hot wheeze was to swap the main jets).
    There were other problems, but years of therapy have allowed me to block out this horror show...
    Same with the Cb750 plus a lot of other bikes re cases they make case savers now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda_CRF450_Red_Case_Saver_On_Bike_LR.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	340274



    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  9. #24
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,505
    Blog Entries
    7
    Just add new oil try the kick start or just see if engine turns over if it does prob not much wrong with it. You want send down to me via mainfrieght the engine i look at i for you. I got a xr 200 r two valve motor. I got a manual too. Engines are simple to work on i rebuilt my xl 100 k2.
    Engine oil plug fell out of it at 70 km. Just scored the bore a bit still ran.

    Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •