Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to shift while moving on dirt bike?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    26th October 2018 - 11:36
    Bike
    Liberalís mom
    Location
    America
    Posts
    6

    How to shift while moving on dirt bike?

    Gas off
    Pull in clutch and lift my toe to switch it to 2nd gear
    Gas off
    Stomp gear shifter switching down to 1 first gears?
    Is this correct or not?
    Please correct me if Iím wrong.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Beginner View Post
    Gas off
    Pull in clutch and lift my toe to switch it to 2nd gear
    Gas off
    Stomp gear shifter switching down to 1 first gears?
    Is this correct or not?
    Please correct me if Iím wrong.
    thats sort of it yes but whilst you have the clutch in to shift down a gear rev the bike up a bit so the engine speed is closer to what it wll be when the clutch goes out Or are you talking a "auto clutch"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    26th October 2018 - 11:36
    Bike
    Liberalís mom
    Location
    America
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    thats sort of it yes but whilst you have the clutch in to shift down a gear rev the bike up a bit so the engine speed is closer to what it wll be when the clutch goes out Or are you talking a "auto clutch"
    I actually do not know.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,728
    Have you actually ever ridden a bike or are you asking how to ride it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    26th October 2018 - 11:36
    Bike
    Liberalís mom
    Location
    America
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Have you actually ever ridden a bike or are you asking how to ride it?
    Asking how to ride it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    9,083
    Blog Entries
    8
    Use the clutch when changing up or down. You'll find it smoother. Save the fancy stuff for later.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •