Thread: Honda GB500 TT

Bike
    R1, GSXR1000, VFR800, GB500. NSR250

Honda GB500 TT

Original and tidy GB500TT in good overall condition. These rare motorcycles were meant for the Japan domestic market and paid homage to the British cafe racers of the 60s and the Isle of Man (hence TT = Tourist Trophy).

Blue Wing Honda imported these for the New Zealand market as new motorcycles in the late 80s.

The previous owner had made a few modifications to this example. An aftermarket alloy front guard replaced the original steel one and he has changed the insert in the seat with a maroon material (which I think that along with the front guard matches the bike better than the original). He had also removed the fork gaiters, which I have replaced with new original parts from Partzilla.

This bike is afflicted with the very common starter motor clutch problem. Once the bike is warm, the start motor tends to work okay. I did look into replacing the clutch parts to fix this (available from Honda) but didn't. The bike has suffered a slide on the Right hand side at some stage. The footpeg rubber could do with replacing as it is torn and there are some scrapes on the brake pedal and kick start. There is also a dimple dent on the left hand side of the tank (very common with this model of bike). It needs a new rear tyre, as I left this for the buyer to sort out as they will likely have their own preference here.

This bike may be enjoyed straight away as it is, or be restored to its former glory.

Please note ** Rego is ON HOLD and there is no current WoF. You will need a new rear tyre to get a WoF.

I was going to restore this one, but there is an RD400G in my garage that is crying out for attention..

Simon

027 243 7989
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RH side.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	813.2 KB 
ID:	340262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LH side.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	834.9 KB 
ID:	340263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Instruments.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	822.4 KB 
ID:	340264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top 1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	858.6 KB 
ID:	340265  

Bike
    2017 Triumph Thruxton R

Gb

Hi,do you still have this bike? If so do you have the front guard (don't like the one on it).Is that a dent on left of tank?

Ash. 021461614

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    More to the point Simon, have you cleaned out the RD carbs yet?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information