Thread: GN250 front brake shoes

Bike
    2005 Yamaha XVS250

GN250 front brake shoes

Hi all,

I've tried scouring the internet for an answer to this query so apologies if there is a simple solution/answer hiding somewhere.

I've acquired a 1985 GN250 which is drum front though has no feedback or brake pressure applied when I squeeze the lever. I can't find any parts listings for shoes/hub/drum options and was hoping to buy all neccessary parts before I tear it down (Assuming they might need to come from overseas).

Can anyone tell me the following:

1. Is it as simple as the same shoes front and back? (I could tear down and check, but as above, I wanted all parts before I started)
    2. If not, do you know part #'s or other bikes with similar specs
    3. Is a disk conversion as simple as brake lever, lines, MC, caliper, disk and forks from a newer model or would I need to change the wheel/hub in some way.

I've tried ringing Coleman's who don't have a listing and can't find anything on Amazon, Ebay, the wider internet.

Thanks in advance - I'll get an intro thread up shortly with a few pics of the bike.

Cheers

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Why not change the front wheel for a later (single) disc item. Second hand parts should be easily available ...

Yes the conversion IS that simple ...

Probably cheaper and more effective than the drum brakes to replace too ...

Most bike wreckers in NZ will have an example (or three) in stock ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapfrozen View Post
    I've tried ringing Coleman's who don't have a listing and can't find anything on Amazon, Ebay, the wider internet.

Thanks in advance - I'll get an intro thread up shortly with a few pics of the bike.

Cheers
    i buy suzuki parts for older models in new zealand, used to get from overseas but price is almost identical including and suzuki don't add freight and sometimes if there's old stock sitting it's cheaper. las week i ordered towo parts the same, one was nz $7 the other ex japan $17
    that way if there's anything wrong you can take them back, they will have access to parts books through suzuki new zealand, or search the internaughty and get you own part numbers, then you can do a price comparison when you ask suzuki

Thread Information